Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

COVID-19

• VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    March 21, 2020 1:15 PM PDT

I've been hunkered down at home for the last 2 weeks. We started early to avoid people and hopefully infection. I go for walks and keeping my social distance.

• 287 posts
    March 22, 2020 11:31 AM PDT

I got brave today and walked over to my mailbox for the week's worth of junk mail.  3 weeks indoors so far.  Sooooo bored.  How about that Pantheon alpha??

This post was edited by Akilae at March 22, 2020 11:32 AM PDT
    • 116 posts
    March 22, 2020 12:51 PM PDT
    I think when they said testing they meant Corona not alpha ;)

But hey I wouldn't complain if that email decided now was a good time to show up.
    • 1273 posts
    March 22, 2020 6:39 PM PDT

Akilae said:

I got brave today and walked over to my mailbox for the week's worth of junk mail.  3 weeks indoors so far.  Sooooo bored.  How about that Pantheon alpha??

Yup, that's what I was thinking...the timing would have been perfect if it was ready!

• 196 posts
    March 22, 2020 11:29 PM PDT

Ranarius said:

You do your morning walks before 5am?  Early riser!  I highly doubt you'd get stopped at 4am for going for a walk, and if you did you can just act like a crazy old man and claim you thought it was 7am already :)

well no but the epicenter for Corona chan in the US is NYC and a bunch of those fools went to there beach house not far from where I live and that is where the risk of the virus can spread they should have stayed in NYC like the good fools they are... But nope they have money so they think they are immune to it or don't have it.. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

This post was edited by Oldwargoat39 at March 22, 2020 11:30 PM PDT
    • 521 posts
    March 23, 2020 4:39 AM PDT

Strange coincidence that 2 months before the actual coronavirus pandemic theres was a exercise about this very thing.

“Event 201 pandemic tabletop exercise hosted by The Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security in partnership with the World Economic Forum and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation on October 18, 2019, in New York, NY. The exercise illustrated the pandemic preparedness efforts needed to diminish the large-scale economic and societal consequences of a severe pandemic.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoLw-Q8X174

• 1315 posts
    March 23, 2020 5:49 AM PDT

Plague/pandemic has historically been the one true killer of civilizations.  Almost every empire that has fallen has fallen to sickness.  It is a good exercise to simulate the different characteristics of pestilences in order to have contingency plans.

Covid-19 is particularly nasty because it has such a long benign incubation period where the hosts are asymptomatic but still spreading the virus and the virus itself has an exceedingly high transmission rate.  Thankfully Covid-19 has a relatively low kill rate compared to some of the nastier bacteria driven sicknesses and mostly due to system overload rather than attacking say the kidneys, liver or heart tissue.

• 273 posts
    March 23, 2020 6:24 AM PDT

HemlockReaper said:

Strange coincidence that 2 months before the actual coronavirus pandemic theres was a exercise about this very thing.

“Event 201 pandemic tabletop exercise hosted by The Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security in partnership with the World Economic Forum and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation on October 18, 2019, in New York, NY. The exercise illustrated the pandemic preparedness efforts needed to diminish the large-scale economic and societal consequences of a severe pandemic.”

It's not strange or coincidental at all, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation does these things all the time. It's literally their mission statement.

• 521 posts
    March 23, 2020 7:43 AM PDT

eunichron said:

HemlockReaper said:

It's not strange or coincidental at all, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation does these things all the time. It's literally their mission statement.

coincidence, conspiracy, dosen't matter either ways it's interesting but it wasn't hosted by The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

• 273 posts
    March 23, 2020 9:06 AM PDT

HemlockReaper said:

coincidence, conspiracy, dosen't matter either ways it's interesting but it wasn't hosted by The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

It's only interesting insofar as the headline, "Non-profits do their jobs," is interesting.

Which is to say, not at all, if that wasn't clear.

• 521 posts
    March 23, 2020 9:35 AM PDT

eunichron said:

HemlockReaper said:

It's only interesting insofar as the headline, "Non-profits do their jobs," is interesting.

Which is to say, not at all, if that wasn't clear.

Yes, your opinion is clear.

• 47 posts
    March 24, 2020 10:53 AM PDT

Nothing like going commando,