Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

COVID-19

• 287 posts
    March 13, 2020 9:28 AM PDT

How has the coronavirus affected development at VR?

My employer as well as my wife's now have us on a mandatory work-from-home policy for the foreseeable future.  I already work from home 90% of the time so no big deal for me but this could easily impact productivity for offices not accustomed to remote work.  Has this had any effect on the progress of PRotF?

• 1428 posts
    March 13, 2020 9:39 AM PDT

there an address to declare a national emergency today by the president.  5pm pst i think.  bit offtopic :o but will probably affect us nationally.  all my local markets are out of water soo(louisiana)..... NY had lowkey activated the national guard last night.

(expect kilsin to either chop this post or move it XD, but i understand y u posted here)

This post was edited by NoJuiceViscosity at March 13, 2020 9:40 AM PDT
    • 379 posts
    March 13, 2020 9:50 AM PDT
    Pantheon is all remotely worked on via the cloud. AKA always work from home policy.
    • 287 posts
    March 13, 2020 10:35 AM PDT

if anything, the biggest change because of the virus is that the rest of us will have a lot more time to post on the forums

• 168 posts
    March 13, 2020 11:07 AM PDT

well its going to be a major problem for productivity if the devs dont have toilet paper!

we should start a gofundme to buy the devs toilet paper guys!

• 470 posts
    March 13, 2020 11:09 AM PDT

In any case everyone keep safe and stay healthy. We have orcs and dragons to kill and I'm going to need you all at your best. :) On the flip side, if Pantheon was out right now they'd clean up from the massive number of bored people there's about to be. No sports, events, theme parks or any public gatherings over a hundred or so people. Gonna be an interesting next few weeks. #GladImaGamer

• 1428 posts
    March 13, 2020 12:07 PM PDT

coronamurica here we come

• 368 posts
    March 13, 2020 1:13 PM PDT

Went to Costco earlier today... The whole toilet paper thing... I cant even...

• 9115 posts
    March 13, 2020 3:23 PM PDT

While the team in North America do attend meetings and such at our office, the majority of us work remotely from our homes around the world.

I am typing this from Australia at 9:22 am on Saturday morning and may or may not be wearing pants yet...but I am still Corona free :)

• 557 posts
    March 13, 2020 3:32 PM PDT

Some visual images can't be unseen.   Thanks, Kilsin.  

WTB lobotomy.

• 144 posts
    March 13, 2020 8:03 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

While the team in North America do attend meetings and such at our office, the majority of us work remotely from our homes around the world.

I am typing this from Australia at 9:22 am on Saturday morning and may or may not be wearing pants yet...but I am still Corona free :)

ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED!!!! 

Impossible to be typing that Saturday morning!!! It's still FRIDAY!!! 

ILLUMINATI!!! 

• 429 posts
    March 13, 2020 8:04 PM PDT

Say hello to Mister Hanks for me :P pants free and all :)

• 196 posts
    March 13, 2020 8:09 PM PDT

Pants are overated ;)

• 429 posts
    March 13, 2020 8:10 PM PDT

pants always are , you sir need a skirt :P

This post was edited by Shea at March 13, 2020 8:52 PM PDT
    • 196 posts
    March 13, 2020 9:20 PM PDT

also corona-chan has been busy so lets hope you folks over at VR and community stay safe. 

This post was edited by Oldwargoat39 at March 13, 2020 11:06 PM PDT
    • 196 posts
    March 13, 2020 11:03 PM PDT

Shea said:

pants always are , you sir need a skirt :P

no I need a kilt ^^

• 3852 posts
    March 14, 2020 7:08 AM PDT

((well its going to be a major problem for productivity if the devs dont have toilet paper!))

You just have seen too many of their groups wipe.

((pants always are , you sir need a skirt :P))

That really is *not* nice. You are trying to get him kilt!

• 1281 posts
    March 14, 2020 7:36 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

You are welcome to raid my beer fridge for some Corona.

• 470 posts
    March 14, 2020 9:56 AM PDT

dorotea said:

((well its going to be a major problem for productivity if the devs dont have toilet paper!))

Saw a great image browsing the other day that this reminded me of. No idea who made it but it was sheer genius. lol

https://i.imgur.com/8EdT45E.png

• 196 posts
    March 15, 2020 9:05 AM PDT

Kratuk said:

dorotea said:

Saw a great image browsing the other day that this reminded me of. No idea who made it but it was sheer genius. lol

https://i.imgur.com/8EdT45E.png

artwork err memesmithing 100

This post was edited by Oldwargoat39 at March 15, 2020 9:06 AM PDT
    • 1618 posts
    March 15, 2020 4:33 PM PDT

All restaurants and bars are closed for seat-in as of 9PM tonight. Only drive through and carry allowed out allowed.

https://www.10tv.com/article/gov-dewine-announces-closure-ohio-bars-dine-restaurants-2020-mar

This post was edited by Beefcake at March 15, 2020 4:35 PM PDT
    • 346 posts
    March 15, 2020 8:42 PM PDT

This is one of the few developers where a virus of this type is likely to do nothing to productivity since as was said above, they already work remotely for the most part. The logistics and system for communication are already set up.

This post was edited by Janus at March 15, 2020 8:43 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    March 16, 2020 3:35 AM PDT

Kalok said:

Kilsin said:

You are welcome to raid my beer fridge for some Corona.

Legend, thanks mate! :)

• 196 posts
    March 21, 2020 7:27 AM PDT

NJ has a recmended time to be in and out on the roads right now but soon it will be mandatory 8pm-5am. I am hoping there is a cure soon I like taking my morning 2 mile walks.

• 1273 posts
    March 21, 2020 9:27 AM PDT

You do your morning walks before 5am?  Early riser!  I highly doubt you'd get stopped at 4am for going for a walk, and if you did you can just act like a crazy old man and claim you thought it was 7am already :)