Forums » Community Sites

Chris "Joppa" Perkins - Live on PantheonPlusYou Tonigh

• 34 posts
    March 12, 2020 2:58 PM PDT

First and foremost (lol) -  I know that not everyone is going to be a fan of the content I put out there, and that's completely understandable. That being said, because Joppa will be live, I wanted to do a quick explanation about what "PantheonPlusYou" is all about for people that may be interested in seeing the interview.

PantheonPlusYou is an idea I had that came to me when listening to sports talk radio on my car radio. I really enjoy the call-in interactions on the station I listen to, and it was sort of a light bulb that went off in my head while listening and thinking about how to bring the community into the discussion more often. The show is rather simple of a concept, we'll present a topic and typically a co-host (which rotates) and I will discuss the topic and set some sort of meter, or at least set the table for our view points on a discussion topic. We try not to just have a discussion, but something visual to measure the discussion as well. This can be anything from a stream recap, like last night, to discussion Pantheon mechanics, ideals, or basic MMORPG concepts. However, that's where we feel the show turns into something rather unique in this medium, and we then turn the show over to the supporters or "listeners" by bringing them live on the air to discuss the topic, make their own key points, or even veer us into a side conversation. It's a great back and forth with the co-host and myself, as well as the "caller" and it makes for unique and interesting discussions that aren't predictable. The best part is, the reason I make content, and PantheonPlus exists is because of the #communitymatters tag that drew me to this game in the first place. We feel PantheonPlusYou allows the community to speak up, even if they disagree, but encourages strong respectable back and forth communication.

As an aside, we've also been fortunate to have members of VR attend the live chat for the show, and even interact with the community, something I cannot express how grateful i am for. Due to this, our message of "BE HEARD" is real, and we've even had influence as a community into the thought process of various topics. This really is a show for the community to speak up respectfully, and we are very proud of it for that very reason. It's also nice because let's be honest, no one wants to hear me talk for an hour straight!

So with that out of the way, tonight, Thursday at 9P EST, we'll be joined by Chris "Joppa" Perkins for a 1 hour sit down interview, live, in our PantheonPlusYou format. Our goal is to have about 30-45 minutes where I run through some questions with Chris, one on one, and then we open up to the community for the last half hour to ask questions directly to Chris, and be able to speak to him live on the air. Being that we don't want to waste his time, I ask that people realize date questions, and things like that will not be answered, so if we bring you on, make the most out of your question - think about the community! We'll be bringing people in who have attended our show in the past, and been supporters, but we will try to get to as many people as we can in that last 15-30 minutes. This type of interaction with the community is, from what i know, unheard of across the landscape. How many times can you log into a discord, come live onto a show and talk about the development of a game with it's creative director? That's why i must say again, that i am really honored and humbled to be given this time from Chris, and the team at VR, as their time is extremely valuable.

So here's some quick instruction on how to join the show, whether just watching, chatting, or looking to come live on the air:

Twitchhttps://twitch.tv/PantheonPlus

PantheonPlus Discord: (if you want to join the discussion ahead of time, or if you want to come live on the air via our "greenroom") - https://discord.gg/FDJMcHN

Time: 9P EST Thursday March 12th - 1 hour

Goal of the interview: Learn more about Chris, his development philosophy and influences, and dig into some key items of Pantheon and see if we can get some more clarity. Then open it to the community to ask questions. Please understand that there will be topics that Chris cannot go into, so there could be times where he has to say "no answer yet" or something of the like. I'm sure he'll give any info that he can reliably and confidently give as per the current progress of the game and reveal strategy.

Thank you to everyone who has supported us, or even just put up with us over the last year and a half of making Pantheon content. It's been a wild ride, and as i stated before - I do not take lightly any person who follows us, gives us a moment of their time, or contributes to our community. I mean that from the bottom of my heart, I am very thankful to have this opportunity to be a part of a great community, and our format and ideals can't exist without you guys and gals. Also, another thank you to VR, as I can't express in words how much your support has meant. 

• 1277 posts
    March 12, 2020 3:38 PM PDT

Awesome, looking forward to it.  Kinda...I mean, I'm super excited but I'm going to have 7 kids under the age of 10 at my house at that time.  I'll have to "sneak off" and put my headphones on to listen live :)  lol  (I assume I'll be able to listen to a recording after the fact as well?)

Thanks for putting this together and thanks Chris for agreeing to do it!!