Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Community Debate - Social Media

• 332 posts
    March 12, 2020 8:12 PM PDT

The official webpage ......... Why,  go a 3rd party site ? The information im after needs to be on the webpage. 

• 238 posts
    March 13, 2020 5:59 AM PDT

I personally would have to go with YouTube and Twitch. I think that YouTube makes it extremely easy to lookup games and content creators related to those games while Twitch makes it  a lot easier to connect with the world in those games and increases the desirability to play in that world.

This post was edited by Baldur at March 13, 2020 5:59 AM PDT
    • 287 posts
    March 13, 2020 9:26 AM PDT

I agree with most others here.  I use game forums almost exclusively and get really annoyed when I find out, days or weeks after the fact, that important info was posted to some social media site I don't use and not shared on the forums.  Pick one place to post everything then do what you like with all the others.

PS: Reddit AMAs are the worst.

• 560 posts
    March 13, 2020 11:20 AM PDT

Official website and forums are my number one choice. I also really like official blog or newsletter. Having it tie in with email notifications is the cherry on top.

The nicer the forums the more I am inclined to participate in the conversation.

• 70 posts
    March 14, 2020 4:15 AM PDT

I always go to the main website first then and I used to go to the news section but lately it does not really update so nowadays I open the forums next.
    I always seem to miss the next Twitch thing and depend on people linking it in the forum. But that is mostly the live stream link that does not work anymore....but I do not give up and usually find the stream

So what is my favorite ? Just the news section or newsletters. It is clear and easy. I do not need to search, the title tells me where to find the information I want. If I have time for diving deeper, the forums.

I do not use many social media, it takes too much time searching and contain a lot of disctractions. I dislike them and even distrust some.

This post was edited by Qulash at March 14, 2020 6:34 AM PDT
    • 220 posts
    March 14, 2020 6:12 PM PDT

protf website

bitchute/yt

twitch

• 768 posts
    March 14, 2020 10:53 PM PDT

I prefer the game website or official forums to update my knowledge on game info.

Any footage outside that, would have me looking at yt and twitch.

Social media however, to me, is not considered a trustworthy source of information, unless it directly comes from the game's own institution.

• 57 posts
    March 19, 2020 5:56 PM PDT

Reddit, I suppose? /r/pantheonmmo has been a pretty good source. I find Twitter and Facebook basically only useful for the political mosh pits.

• 429 posts
    March 19, 2020 6:55 PM PDT

You know folks have there media site i can see it on this forums this post . but reality is the buck stops here ! every site you go to tells you to go here for more info right ? 

Is it only for more money >? I want to believe but seriously we discussing the media site ...  this is there site .. no ands ifs or about its .. really ..

• 370 posts
    March 19, 2020 11:45 PM PDT

So Twitter is actually really good for putting out downtime or server issue notices. It isn't tied to any of the internal servers a company uses so if a worse case occurs where the game and website are down Twitter is a great place to get updates.

Facebook is dying a slow painful death but advertise away on it. All the discussions on any post though are going to be toxic because that is the nature of FB.

Instagram can be limited but useful. If you're going to have someone running Social Media for the company there is no reason not to treat it similiar to twitter and just double up the posts there.

Youtube is really good but I don't like a lot of the current Pantheon content on there that isn't just a copy of a stream.

Twitch is great for live Q&A once the game is released. 

• 11 posts
    March 27, 2020 9:01 PM PDT

Mostly website for me, lately Ive been using YouTube more often. Not a fan of Twitch, or most social media in general.

• 2130 posts
    March 27, 2020 9:48 PM PDT

Discord tbh.

• 1584 posts
    March 27, 2020 10:20 PM PDT

definitely discord

• 1399 posts
    March 28, 2020 8:10 AM PDT

Akilae said:

I agree with most others here.  I use game forums almost exclusively and get really annoyed when I find out, days or weeks after the fact, that important info was posted to some social media site I don't use and not shared on the forums.  Pick one place to post everything then do what you like with all the others.

PS: Reddit AMAs are the worst.

This, including the annoyed part. is it the "offical" web site or not.

• 388 posts
    March 28, 2020 8:47 PM PDT

this site 

twitch

youtube

• 196 posts
    March 31, 2020 10:36 AM PDT

Aurelio said:

I prefer to get my information from the Official Forums,  Official Website, or the game's official youtube channel.  Theres just too much junk out in the rest of the social media world made by people unassociated with the game.

there is too many 3rd party sites that do make things up for views,likes,ect. or just to cause chaos..Rather get first-hand info from people involved directly , then from a 3rd party site that might not(and most likely) will not have the dev's best interest.but there are a few Twitch channels and YTers that are presenting the info properly as well, but also looking it on OF's are still the best.

This post was edited by Oldwargoat39 at March 31, 2020 10:40 AM PDT
    • 264 posts
    March 31, 2020 6:02 PM PDT

Not a fan of social media. Website and forums are how I communicate with the gaming community, followed a distant second by YouTube. I'm not a younger gamer though, in my mid 30s. Also agree with vjek about the state of the website and forums for Pantheon. I'm not sure how much VR has considered that the target demographic for Pantheon is probably going to be older gamers but even somebody like myself that started EQ at age 16 is now almost middle aged. Since I don't have all the statistics on hand I can't say for sure just how many people my age use social media, but ancedotal experience tells me the most exposure would come from Facebook and YouTube. But me personally? I won't follow anything outside the offical website, the offical forums, and YouTube.

• 67 posts
    March 31, 2020 6:03 PM PDT

TWITCH - Because I can watch it live and old replay videos. :)