Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

In One Word - Tell us what you think about

• 99 posts
    March 9, 2020 9:33 AM PDT

Required

Adding a little side note of my own but my understanding of class balance for this game would not mean that each class is equal but that the need for every class or a solid variety of classes in the group is ideal for smooth play. I absolutely want to have a need for a rogue an enchanter a cleric a shaman a wizard etc etc. I want to know that if my group is lacking in one area that there are options to fill that gap, maybe there is no cleric but a shaman or druid, or both mixed with a little creative game play we will be able to get through the desired content. I don't view class balance as a competition between the classes but as an important factor for a group of varying characters being able to enjoy the game and not being put on hold until such and such becomes available because we cant complete this dungeon without A specific class.

• 1 posts
    March 9, 2020 11:50 AM PDT

Unremarkable.

• 1992 posts
    March 9, 2020 12:44 PM PDT

Similar in difficulty to balancing "an irresistable force" with "an immovable object".

:)

• 99 posts
    March 9, 2020 12:53 PM PDT

matter of opinion

• 416 posts
    March 9, 2020 3:13 PM PDT

Uninspiring

• 107 posts
    March 10, 2020 10:11 AM PDT
    Misconstrued.
    • 388 posts
    March 10, 2020 10:17 AM PDT

here's what i think. get a *@$(*&Q@)($&Q(*#&$ game out and then worry about what people think about it. 

you guys could have copied and pasted EQ1 with better graphics and had a hit of a lifetime. but you guys continue to sit around and discuss coin weight after 6 years of developement. 

• 2138 posts
    March 10, 2020 9:28 PM PDT

unecessary

I define class balance along the lines of: any class can do the same basic function as any other class, wether it be DPS, damage mitigation, crowd control, or healing.

No to  class balance.

If you need a rogue and one is not available, tough beans, you change your strategy and deal  with what you have. you dont wait around for an hour hoping a rogue will come on, I have adventuring to do.

• 945 posts
    March 11, 2020 1:51 PM PDT

Impossible.

Although it is crucial to have similar capabilities within roles, it will be impossible to attain perfect balance between classes of the same role in an MMO (unless it is artifically generated via AI or programs).  Even two players of the same class will have imbalances - even the same person playing two of the same class with the same stats - because of the RNG of MMOs.  To circle back to my first sentence - having very similar capabilities and efficiencies is absolutely crucial to the "social survival" of a class in an MMO though.  If the gaming community finds out that a particular class within a certain role is more powerful in ways other than just RNG, the weaker class(es) within that role will start to be ostracized (or at least the stronger class will be preferred over the other classes until changes are made - which leads to nerfs/buffs - which leads to the FotM wheel that people hate in many other MMOs). 

Add:  No matter how "anti-social" or "introvert" people think they are, when they start getting passed over for groups based solely on the fact that a different class within the same role is also LFG, people will get very frustrated.  This won't be an issue at lauch, but if there are glaring imbalances between classes of the same role, people will figure it out and it will become an issue if not addressed very quickly.  i.e. When people start saying things like "LF1M Cleric" instead of "LF1M Healer", or "Room for 1 more, Roge or Wizard only", its time to start evaluating the why. 

This post was edited by Darch at March 11, 2020 2:01 PM PDT
    • 429 posts
    March 11, 2020 2:41 PM PDT

WHY ?

• 1273 posts
    March 11, 2020 4:00 PM PDT

Add:  No matter how "anti-social" or "introvert" people think they are, when they start getting passed over for groups based solely on the fact that a different class within the same role is also LFG, people will get very frustrated.  This won't be an issue at lauch, but if there are glaring imbalances between classes of the same role, people will figure it out and it will become an issue if not addressed very quickly.  i.e. When people start saying things like "LF1M Cleric" instead of "LF1M Healer", or "Room for 1 more, Roge or Wizard only", its time to start evaluating the why. 

This is actually one of the exact reasons why I'm looking forward to a game like this...because your reputation will likely have more to do with getting a group than what class you play.  I do agree that if there are glaring issues then maybe your reputation won't be enough.  But if the issues are THAT bad then I'm sure the dev's would make some changes.  I enjoy the challenge of playing a tough class and you are right, if I am passed over because that class really can't cut it (even if I have shown that I play it well) then I would be frustrated.  I just trust the dev's enough that I can't see that happening. 

• 45 posts
    March 11, 2020 4:31 PM PDT

Each class should feel equally important.