Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

The Damage Hierarchy

• 196 posts
    March 8, 2020 10:16 AM PDT

We don't know how DPS will pan out till we get hard numbers

• 1584 posts
    March 8, 2020 1:54 PM PDT

To me this is pretty easy, Your classes that don't have a lot of utility , not I know VR has been giving certain dps classes utility to fill them out a bit, but they will be far apart from the true classes that shine in those departments that they are getting So Wizard, rogue, summoner, ranger will probably be our top DPS-ers Next will be our utility classes there aren't many so where you go bard, enchanter that's it pretty easy huh. Next will be our healers and tank and I predict it will be direlord, shaman, druid, paladin, warrior, cleric And I also can say I think the gap between these classes should be quite noticeable, that they can't be really interchangeable without knowing your losing in something while gaining in something else, and I mean this from everything not just in damage.

This post was edited by Cealtric at March 8, 2020 1:56 PM PDT
    • 238 posts
    March 9, 2020 12:08 AM PDT

Personally I think that every class should have a niche where they excel as well as strengths and weaknesses. I think that when a fight lines up with their niche and positively acclimates to their strengths then that class should come out ahead above the others in that fight. Therefore my opinion about a DPS hierarchy is extremely dependant on the fight as well as how that class is having to behave due to group composition. 

I think that there should be trade-offs between burst damage and sustain damage. For example, I would classify the necromancer as a sustained damage class primarily, with lower bursting capabilities. I would say that the wizard has high bursting capabilities but lower sustain capabilities. Then I would say that the summoner is about equal in terms of bursting capabilities and sustain capabilities, but their sustain is a bit better. These are just a couple of examples but I think that these are an example of general guidelines that should be followed when looking at damage balance. 

I would also say DPS>*CC/Utility>Tanks>*CC/utility > Healers. I think that the overall DPS capabilities of the enchanter and bard are dependant on the fight, their prefered playstyle, and how the group needs them to function during an encounter based on group composition. For an example, an encounter that has a lot of add management is going to require the enchanter to focus more on crowd control vs DPS ability, while a fight that has lower add management is going to give the enchanter more uptime on damage abilities.