Forums » News and Announcements

PANTHEON DEVSTREAM! Tomorrow, Thursday March 5, 6:00 PM PST

• 39 posts
    March 5, 2020 4:43 PM PST

Is there a link the video. I tried the one above and it hasnt been posted yet. The video also hasnt been uploaded to the VR twitch page. They are usually posted sooner than this. 

• 1992 posts
    March 5, 2020 4:45 PM PST

colonelfouts said:

Is there a link the video. I tried the one above and it hasnt been posted yet. The video also hasnt been uploaded to the VR twitch page. They are usually posted sooner than this. 

It hasn't happened yet. Starts about an hour and 15 min from the time of this reply.

• 945 posts
    March 5, 2020 6:28 PM PST

Just lost my mind!!  The model reveals were great for Myr, Archai and Skar... but race/class adjustment?!!?!!?  I feel like a kid about to go on a rollercoaster for the first time!

• 287 posts
    March 5, 2020 6:38 PM PST

another awesome stream! Very excited hear the announcement that there will be a pre-alpha announcement soon! Hopefully I'll get you guys to answer one of my random questions in the next stream.

• 379 posts
    March 5, 2020 6:46 PM PST

I called it! Race models!

• 523 posts
    March 5, 2020 6:48 PM PST

New archai were perfect.  Skar were excellent.  Dark Myr were definitely solid to good.  That was a nice reveal.  Now, hopefully some of the other races can get touched up a bit.  You're definitely headed in the right direction with the models though!  Good to hear stats are in the game and functioning now, and it's nice to hear individual climbing stats are going in and furthering that system overall is nearing completion.  This was a short but very sweet update stream.  Kudos.  

• 1992 posts
    March 5, 2020 6:53 PM PST

randomrob82 said:

Very excited hear the announcement that there will be a pre-alpha announcement soon!

I'm pretty sure Ben said the P.A.-5 announcement would be.....Very Soon®

That's even sooner than Soon®

:D

• 1860 posts
    March 5, 2020 7:08 PM PST

Jothany said:

I'm pretty sure Ben said the P.A.-5 announcement would be.....Very Soon®

That's even sooner than Soon®

We were also told:

Racial Actives "will be coming soon, they are one of the next things up in the queue"

last November.  I wouldn't hold my breath...though I guess they didn't use the word "very" then hah.

This post was edited by philo at March 5, 2020 7:10 PM PST
    • 1992 posts
    March 5, 2020 7:13 PM PST

philo said:

I wouldn't hold my breath...though I guess they didn't use the word "very" then hah.

The only thing I'm holding my breath for is the Bard reveal. At the absolute minimum I will play one of every role, and as I don't like playing pet classes I REALLY need the Bard to save me from having to play Enchanter.

• 945 posts
    March 5, 2020 7:23 PM PST

Am I the only one excited about the race/class matrix changes?!?

• 1992 posts
    March 5, 2020 8:20 PM PST

Darch said:

Am I the only one excited about the race/class matrix changes?!?

No.

You're just more excited than everyone else....put together!

• 379 posts
    March 5, 2020 8:43 PM PST

Mathir said:

Now, hopefully some of the other races can get touched up a bit.  You're definitely headed in the right direction with the models though! 

Yeah, the Human/Dwarf probably look the worst. However, I'd rather them wait until beta to do this.

• 190 posts
    March 6, 2020 10:41 AM PST

These new models are lovely. Do all Dark Myr have solid eyes? The Skar are beautiful in a harsh, demonic way. Ugh. Alpha can't come soon enough.

• 945 posts
    March 6, 2020 10:49 AM PST
    @Jothany - I’m so excited because there has been no class/rave combo that I’ve been absolutely sold on, so I was planning on just going through the motions until they decided to make changes that inevitably come in every MMO. There are some of us that still don’t know which race/class to “main”. Now I may be able to get excited about playing a “main” character that I can really get into. (Fingers crossed).
    • 1992 posts
    March 6, 2020 11:08 AM PST

Darch said: @Jothany - I’m so excited because there has been no class/rave combo that I’ve been absolutely sold on, so I was planning on just going through the motions until they decided to make changes that inevitably come in every MMO. There are some of us that still don’t know which race/class to “main”. Now I may be able to get excited about playing a “main” character that I can really get into. (Fingers crossed).

As an old retired guy, I have the luxury of enough time to indulge my addiction to alts, which also means I don't have to make a hard decision. 6 months after release, whichever alt is higher level than the others becomes my "main".

I'm committed to playing a DL though, and as I'd like people to 'compare notes' with I hope they address the concerns enough to get you to play one too.

*fingers crossed*

• March 6, 2020 11:09 AM PST

The Devstream is now up on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ro5ZrrOniA&feature=youtu.be

We also have an official feedback thread going on in the general channel: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/11720/official-new-character-models-3-5-20/view/post_id/228246
    We
    warmly welcome all of your constructive feedback on the three new models: Dark Myr, Archai, Skar.

;-)#
    Brasse

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at March 7, 2020 1:49 AM PST
    • 945 posts
    March 6, 2020 12:29 PM PST
    @Jothany - that stream definitely lessened my concerns with the DL but if one of the race/class changes is to Paladin, that will likely be what I play
    • 4 posts
    May 5, 2020 11:05 AM PDT

Souldrake said:

I hate to be the killjoy in this thread, but I can't really get excited for these any more. It feels more like trolling than really giving us any information and then them giving the same excuses over and over for why there is no information or slow progress. We know Pantheon won't release this year. Hell, we can't even be sure we will see the next phase of Pre-alpha testing let alone Alpha this year. There are classes we haven't even seen yet, classes that don't seem to have even been very well defined (the Druid is a good example-- Cleric = big numbers healer, Shaman = HoT healer which leaves Druid as...."indirect" IE: more work and time for equal or lesser effect healer? That doesn't sound well thought out.). I mean there are a ton of concerns I have for the game right now, but we get to talk about... UI elements... Lore... and dying over and over again (yay? I thought that was the not-so-fun part. =p)

I'm looking forward to the game itself, but I am so tired of the bread crumbs.

Its my understanding that Druids will be the best AoE healer of the three and have the ability to enhance the healing ability of other healers in the party.  Im not sure how this will be ultimately handled, but I love the concept and look forward to seeing it in action.