Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Community Debate - Would you support...

• 287 posts
    February 27, 2020 5:39 PM PST

The best looking gear should be from drops, not cash.  Unique in game items , not bought items.

• 220 posts
    February 27, 2020 6:30 PM PST

i would not support cosmetic period because those so-call cosmetics* belongs in the game anyway. you've just gotten greedy like those before you example: in ancient time game where made 100% complete until some jackask developer and morons player base supported that greedy disign by making white knight excuses. Games were made where player can carry 100s inventory space now  carry 50. "Hey let make extra money by letting these idots buy more space and tell them 100 space cause server issues" Hook-Line-Sinker

There are others who have a better example than i but i believe you get what im trying to say

Merch i would support if VR decided to sell merch on their webpage.

edit: i know VR have merch on their website it just didnt registered when i was typing this :/

Though one of my oldest question i asked was "Will you sell cosmetic on your website like current mmorpg even though you said you would NOT have any cosmetic shop in your game?"

This question lets me know what type of company VR is but VR did not answer my* question. They probally answer someone else but i havent seen it.

MY gut feeling tells me that your planning to sell cosmetic item (which is part of the game 100% completion) decided to make extra bucks by selling it on your website.

Look like the green eye <$> _ <$> monster reared its ugly head out again

edit: Also cant stand selling cosmetic that have zero impact on the game adventure, stats, etc.

No cosmetic means NO If you're doing cosmetic then do it all the way i wont dispise you for it i would respect you because you choose left or right DONT play the grey or middle man they are the worst of them all, sneaky shady characters and i'll leave Pantheon in a heartbeat but im just 1 out of thousands but hey...what 1 sub gonna do to your pocket?

This post was edited by AbsoluteTerror at February 27, 2020 8:53 PM PST
    • 220 posts
    February 27, 2020 7:08 PM PST

Last post:

I cring when this topic comes up make you wonder what route VR REALLY aiming for.

I would gladly pay $25-$35ish monthly sub if there's NO cosmetic shop in-game and NO cosmetic on their websites.

$40 ....pushing it...

$50... No Thank

• 7 posts
    March 6, 2020 10:28 AM PST

No in-game purchases please.

• 3 posts
    March 6, 2020 12:18 PM PST

No to a cash shop. 

No to armor dyes. 

No to transmog.

• 332 posts
    March 6, 2020 10:37 PM PST

I have no problem with cosmetics ONLY!

The minute you move into exp potions , expanded bags or any "boosts" then we have a problem.

• 209 posts
    March 7, 2020 11:14 AM PST

Real-life merch like mugs and t-shirts? Absolutely.

In-game cosmetics? Absolutely not.

Even if it's not pay-to-win, I am strongly against the sale of virtual items for real-world money, as I feel it inevitably diminishes the authenticity and magic of the game world. In my opinion, everything a character owns in the game world should be earned by the character within the game world. Though I want to aid development as much as anyone, for me this is not the way to do it.

• 124 posts
    March 8, 2020 11:16 AM PDT

"Wow, your char looks awesome!"

"I know! my Mum doesn't know I know her credit card number, roflmao..."

/mourns the loss of Pantheon

• 318 posts
    August 14, 2020 8:50 AM PDT

Gyldervane said:

Real-life merch like mugs and t-shirts? Absolutely.

In-game cosmetics? Absolutely not.

Even if it's not pay-to-win, I am strongly against the sale of virtual items for real-world money, as I feel it inevitably diminishes the authenticity and magic of the game world. In my opinion, everything a character owns in the game world should be earned by the character within the game world. Though I want to aid development as much as anyone, for me this is not the way to do it.

This 100%. Could not have said it better myself.

• 810 posts
    August 14, 2020 9:09 AM PDT

I was in a moment of horror when I thought they asked the same question 4 months later.  Thank god someone simply went digging for old posts.