Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Living Codex Layout

• 19 posts
    February 20, 2020 1:38 PM PST

After seeing the Lving Codex in the last stream, I had an idea.  I like the layout of the Living Codex and I understand that we're early in development here, but if there was a way to toggle the tooltips to be more visible at a glance, or organize the spells by type (like chapters in a novel), in my, humble, personal opinion, I think it would be easier for newer players to understand their spells.  The tooltips serve this more verbose purpose, but not at a glance.  As a new player, being able to see the tooltip easily, without mousing over, while paging through my new spells might make it easier to learn spell combinations, strategies etc....  Favor text could be added to these more verbose desciptions as well for all those lore heads :D

Just a thought!  Take it or leave it :)

This post was edited by delthalas at February 20, 2020 1:40 PM PST
    • 368 posts
    February 20, 2020 2:19 PM PST

I wouldnt mind seeing some grouping options. Something like the old UO books, where you had the tabs on the side of the page to jump to different tiers of spells. Heck even make it customizable where we can create our own groups and a way to jump to that group.

• 2419 posts
    February 20, 2020 2:23 PM PST

delthalas said:

After seeing the Lving Codex in the last stream, I had an idea.  I like the layout of the Living Codex and I understand that we're early in development here, but if there was a way to toggle the tooltips to be more visible at a glance, or organize the spells by type (like chapters in a novel), in my, humble, personal opinion, I think it would be easier for newer players to understand their spells.  The tooltips serve this more verbose purpose, but not at a glance.  As a new player, being able to see the tooltip easily, without mousing over, while paging through my new spells might make it easier to learn spell combinations, strategies etc....  Favor text could be added to these more verbose desciptions as well for all those lore heads :D

Just a thought!  Take it or leave it :)

I believe it was stated that the colored tabs to the left of the spell/ability in the codex can be used for grouping those spell types together.  Let us hope that we have at least these options for dealing with the codes:

1. Sort by spell type
    2. Sort by spell level accending/decending
    3. Sort by name accending/decending
    4. Full manual sort/placement

• 19 posts
    February 20, 2020 2:40 PM PST

Vandraad said:

I believe it was stated that the colored tabs to the left of the spell/ability in the codex can be used for grouping those spell types together.  Let us hope that we have at least these options for dealing with the codes:

1. Sort by spell type
    2. Sort by spell level accending/decending
    3. Sort by name accending/decending
    4. Full manual sort/placement

Ah I missed that, thank you!