Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

The perception system

• 56 posts
    February 20, 2020 11:10 AM PST

This may have been answered previously but I have just missed the answer......Watching the Cohh stream he kept running back to Sprig and his preception interface kept popping up with just the Farewell as a choice to answer. I want to assume(hate assuming) that there will be a way to keep this from happening after we have gotten past a certain point in the questline. The preception system while very cool and unique will get old real quick if it is popping up non stop with useless quest we do not want to take over and over again. 

• 36 posts
    February 20, 2020 11:12 AM PST

I think this is just a consequence of the fact we are in prealpha still.  I'm fairly certain that devs have commented in a video before about the fact that you wouldn't be spammed with perception pop ups.

• 159 posts
    February 20, 2020 11:14 AM PST

You have control over that. VR is going to give us an ability to turn off the pop ups. 

• 62 posts
    February 20, 2020 11:16 AM PST
    I recall hearing that too. I believe in one of the last few Halnirs cave streams. Maybe the first one of the bunch.
    • 2037 posts
    February 20, 2020 12:58 PM PST

Yes. I believe it was something like a timer where if you chose not to interact with a perception ping, or intereacted but didn't choose to follow the quest it offered, then you wouldn't see the ping again for some time period of hours or days. It was also suggested that different categories of perception pings would have different length timers. And then as Vander says, you could also just toggle perception pings on/off as you wish.

• 844 posts
    February 20, 2020 2:53 PM PST

It was addressed in the stream. There will be settings to mute repeat notification spam.

I'm sure there will be plenty of those type user settings.

• 238 posts
    February 20, 2020 3:11 PM PST

I would assume that certain perception pings that deal with storylines would stop after you had progressed past certain parts of the questline. For example, after interacting with the spriggin I would assume that the pillar with the stone would deactivate because you had progressed past needing that perception ping. 

I know that they said in a previous stream that the system would have timing limitations placed on some of the pings as not to constantly be going off and that there may be settings added that would allow for the player to have some authority over how often the pings went off.