Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Cohh Stream 2/18/20

• 454 posts
    February 19, 2020 4:48 PM PST

So this is just to comment on the rest of the stream, other than how many abilities you can have up at one time.

First the graphics.  Frankly I think they're fantastic.  If this is still indicative of only PA, I don't know how they can get any better.  The Spriggan was really well thought out and I really enjoyed the back story.  Describing how the art progressed.  All the thought that went into that character!  It was nature at its best and very engaging.  I also like the way dialog works.  The choices you make may affect what response you get back.  The flora is varied, colorful, different heights, moved about, and made sense.  The armor textures, very lifelike.  The terrain looked real, the ground uneven.  The trees and leaves were lifelike, the shadows, ...the shadows... magnificent. Climbing, really only barely shown, but described just how I hope it to be.  You can improve climbing.  Getting better, more proficient.  Exciting.  The better you are the harder it is to get dislodged. 

The animations.  I think they're fine I'd like to see more fighting til I say for sure, but what I've seen so far looks good.

Spell effects.  Again, until I see PF fighting the few I've seen are ok.

Wind effects, 8/10.  so far.  The wind whipping up dust making it hard to see.  I can't wait to see players tumble and flip.  Being in first person and watching the world rumble by me is gonna be a blast!

Climbing.  I really am looking forward to climbing.  When Cohh's companion almost missed the floating rock, but hung in and scrambled up; THAT was awesome.  The "old one" appearing in a mist was great.  Could use a bit better fog around him.  But the idea that others of his kind will show up elsewhere is exciting.   Cohh's Shaman looked like a Shaman. I wish I knew more about what armor he wore.  It looked quilted to me.  Was that leather?   I would like a more intricate staff by L40, but that is a quibble.  I wanted Cohh to run around more, but I assume the devs asked him not to explore too far.

Ther perception que made me want to touch the water and learn more.  I am eagerly waiting every hint and clue to learn more about perception.  Perception is not tied to level;  good decision!

The floating rock boss.  I forgot his name.  Looked really good,  the dialog that spanned from one edge of the screen to the other, very cool.  Summoned Cohh, and flung him back like he was tossing a pebble.  I love that.  It'll be that much sweeter when I kick his ass.  Every frame I see makes me want to know more.  

Seeing the grey box start of zones in great and you really see how things progress.  Gives you a good idea on how much work goes into making this world.

in the end, the hour went by too fast.  I have more questions than ever!  

• 159 posts
    February 20, 2020 1:16 AM PST

Think the Boss name was Sleeper. I can be wrong and those are the evil/ fallen elves. Their name eludes me at this time. VR showed some art / pictures with them a couple months ago. 

I like the way they are doing the AA system. I was afraid it was going to just be for example fireball 1, fireball 2, and so on, but thankfully that isn't what they did. The upgrades ranged from turning a single person buff into a group buff, adding cures, and so on. That made me happy.

Groot was pretty cool too. I have to say I like what you said and agree with you here.  Wish we could have seen Cohh get turn into crispy chicken when that lightning hit him. * cough * 

This post was edited by Vander at February 20, 2020 1:37 AM PST
    • 2419 posts
    February 20, 2020 7:34 AM PST

Boss name was Sleepless.

Speaking of graphics, did you notice the few seconds where Cohh went to the waterfall and peered over the edge?  did you see just how far down the ground is there?  Truly an impressive height and I hope that ground down there is actually part of the zone.

• 99 posts
    February 20, 2020 7:48 AM PST
    Hopefully no one overlooked the sound. The animal life and rushing water at the waterfall were amazing. Graphically I agree I’m not sure how the zone could look any better so I’m assuming that what we saw was the intended final look of PF. My excitement over this game couldn’t be any higher and a really appreciate what VR is doing for this community thank you.
    • 220 posts
    February 20, 2020 9:13 AM PST

Good job VR the HOTBAR look REALLY AWSOME and Polished.

Shade and Shadow effect are well done.

The Background effect bird chirping, etc very good

I really like the leave fallening from above it a nice touch to attention- to- details

/salute

• 62 posts
    February 20, 2020 11:23 AM PST
    Loved the ambient sounds and the shadows on the foliage were amazing. I kept yearning for Cohh to go up the obvious log/rock ramp for a better view of the spriggan. It was bugging me a bit lol.
    • 724 posts
    February 21, 2020 12:56 PM PST

I enjoyed that stream very much. Really awesome look into Oldwood, loving the area already :) And that floating island. It looked somewhat peaceful when they first arrived, but when the wind came up - powerful. And those lightning blasts! Seriously looking forward to raid in that zone...it's going to be frantic!

Also enjoyed to see the codex and upgrading spells in action. The quest system in action. Very nice to see the progress here that was introduced in the last developer streams.

Overall, it feels like things are really coming together!

• 2038 posts
    February 21, 2020 2:31 PM PST

Vandraad said:

Speaking of graphics, did you notice the few seconds where Cohh went to the waterfall and peered over the edge?  did you see just how far down the ground is there?  Truly an impressive height and I hope that ground down there is actually part of the zone.

I was staring intently and wanted to see more of that landscape almost more than I wanted to see the raid area.

Now I really want to go to that place, cast 'slow fall' on myself and jump down there.

• 454 posts
    February 21, 2020 2:40 PM PST

Jothany said:

Vandraad said:

I was staring intently and wanted to see more of that landscape almost more than I wanted to see the raid area.

Now I really want to go to that place, cast 'slow fall' on myself and jump down there.

o heck ya.  I sure hope there's a way to do that.  What a rush!

• 22 posts
    February 25, 2020 5:02 PM PST

I thought the environment looked awesome, but I thought the old character models looked better then what they have now.

This post was edited by Disscord at February 25, 2020 7:48 PM PST
    • 119 posts
    February 25, 2020 6:10 PM PST

I think the art highlight for me was the backdrop of the raid zone. The slow moving particle flow there looked gorgeous and really gave a massive sense of scale.

The Spriggan area was great too. Naturey, lots of greens and browns, with some bright accents.

Character art, I'm still mostly neutral on. It's fine, but I can't say I love or hate it. I like that it's grounded in realism, but I feel like it's largely a very neutral/muted palette at the moment. I'd like to see a bit more 'pop' on them, some colorful accents, accessories, like some shiny inlaid gems or something to liven it up.