Forums » The Shaman

Primal Fury & Skymanes Union

• 586 posts
    February 19, 2020 11:03 AM PST

Primal Fury 6 min. Cooldown 50% uptime
    "Fills your target with primal fury, increasing their meele and ranged crit chance by 12% for 3 min.
    While active, every succesful critical strike will further increase their critical strike chance by 1% untill the effect ends."

Skymanes Union 
    "Fill your target with nature of the ancient skymanes, increasing their attack speed by 20% for 24 min."

Put these 2 on a Direlord with Essence Leech active and "Dire Lords receive a bonus to critical strike chance when wielding one-handed edged weapons".
    Essence leech (Stance)
    "Your blood swells with the essence of your enemies, increasing your critical strike chance. Your critical hits draw out the essence of your enemy, healing you for X% of the damage dealt."

And watch him auto heal :)

This post was edited by BamBam at February 19, 2020 11:03 AM PST
    • 509 posts
    February 19, 2020 11:11 AM PST

D.L. & Shaman are looking more & more like a very good combo in groups.

By coincidence, they are 2 classes I'm firmly committed to playing :D

• 1892 posts
    February 19, 2020 2:14 PM PST

Agreed that the Shaman and Direlord have really good synergy and would make a powerful duo, no doubt about it.  For that spell combo, you'll want your DL to be using the fastest 1HS weapon it can get so you get as many attacks per minute as possible.  I'm betting that those two spells put on a rogue would produce an even greater effect.

All that said, I'd much prefer to see that spell as a group buff and keeping the 3 minute duration/6 minute recast.

• 509 posts
    February 19, 2020 5:04 PM PST

As far as I can see, that buff would or at least could be great for every class, which makes me hope that somewhere around level cap we'll get a group version of it.

• 586 posts
    February 20, 2020 1:59 AM PST
    @Jothany Agree, the dps increase with a combination of these two buffs will be very noticabel on any physical dps class and even on pets.
    • 586 posts
    February 20, 2020 2:10 AM PST
    But I do think a grp version of Primal Fury will be overpowered.. The numbers is just to good for a grp version. We will see.
    • 509 posts
    February 20, 2020 2:02 PM PST

BamBam said: will be very noticabel on any physical dps class and even on pets.

I think that Primal Fury will work on magic casters as well. "increasing their meele and ranged crit chance"

BamBam said: But I do think a grp version of Primal Fury will be overpowered.. The numbers is just to good for a grp version. We will see.

A group version won't necessarily be any more powerful of a buff than the individual version. Just saves a lot of mana for the buffer. If the group buff was considered too powerful in testing, they could also just nudge the bonuses down a hair.

VR has recently mentioned the idea of spell progression thru the levels often leading at high levels to group versions of single person buffs. That doesn't mean every buff will get it, but apparently many will.

• 586 posts
    February 20, 2020 9:57 PM PST
    You can spam Primal Fury, its on a 6 min cooldown mate.
    • 131 posts
    February 21, 2020 5:09 PM PST

Jothany.   Are you sure that range includes magic dps? 

• 509 posts
    February 21, 2020 8:53 PM PST

Vander said:

Jothany.   Are you sure that range includes magic dps? 

Not at all.

I've heard 'ranged' used informally to refer to all 'damage at a distance'. And seen Ranger clumped in with casters as ranged fighters (not necessarily by VR)

So "melee and ranged" leaves some wiggle room for me. And until I hear "physical" or "non-magical" used to qualify it, I'm gonna keep on hoping :)

• 509 posts
    February 21, 2020 8:58 PM PST

BamBam said: You can spam Primal Fury, its on a 6 min cooldown mate.

You're right, one Shaman couldn't buff a whole group with the single version. Nevertheless, I think it will be important enough of a Shaman buff for us to get a group version late in the game. Quite possibly with some reduction of degree of bonus such as a cap on how high the crit chance can get.

• 586 posts
    February 22, 2020 2:33 AM PST
    Agree it would be cool if it affected more physical dps in the grp, maybe if it can be upgrated to randomly target another dps so it affected your target and a random physical dps also.

Still think a full grp version will be to strong, as it is now but with tuning sure it can work.
    • 509 posts
    February 22, 2020 1:28 PM PST

Since every spell we saw in the Living Codex can get 3 upgrades, I'm looking forward to some real interesting twists on Primal Fury as Shamans level up.

Can't wait!

• 586 posts
    February 22, 2020 8:37 PM PST
    Ye i been thinking of what could be a cool effect first ofc.

More crit damage
    Proc effect on crits
    More target’s affected
    Also works for magic users
    • 586 posts
    February 22, 2020 11:15 PM PST
    Lower cooldown
    Longer duration
    Also add stats like 20 str and 20 agi