Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

In One Word - Tell us what you think about game sequels?

• 220 posts
    February 27, 2020 9:59 PM PST

greedy

no sequel just update the game engine and graphic and continue adding expansion until you run out of story or imagination run dry. If your imagination run dry hire fresh meat. If all fail then go cash shop sell cosmetic garbage

• 21 posts
    February 28, 2020 5:06 AM PST

In gaming its not a continuance of the old played game but a new game entirely. So its generally just lazy/unimaginative. Why else call it a sequel if the players aint coming back to the same world they already know? Sometimes its not even a continuance of the same story. THIS is why I dont like game sequels. Ive never seen one set up to allow a player to carry themselves from game one to game two. Instead its always a start from scratch in something thats ultimately brand new scenario. I think game sequels would be far more succesful if there was some coding between the games (if thats even possible) allowing characters to carry over their progress.

Like rocky one to rocky two, it wouldnt be nearly as cool if rocky 2 was a totally different guy, and his latest accomplishment wasnt an addition to THE hero we know, but rather just the latest iteration of A hero were being introduced to. Seems to be a subconscious difference, atleast in my mind.

• 257 posts
    March 2, 2020 6:42 PM PST

Dragon Age 2. Yep, that happened.

Sequels can be good but be wary.