Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Dying of boredom until pantheon

• 233 posts
    February 8, 2020 8:14 AM PST

I'm so bored, i started play Dungeons and dragons online, maybe if you love D&D you could enjoy it, but just as a mmo to hop into its really boring and confusing.
    The game likes to use alot of words to means very little.

Today i tried Everquest 2 for the third time, had an account for over 8 years so was nice to claim a bunch of free stuff i will never use.
    I played for about 10 minutes then uninstalled, its so boring beyond belief and alot of the features, UI and just how its made are objectively bad.

But worst of all the combat, i even went a class i should love, a shadowknight with melee and magic and tons of self heals.
    6 seconds delay per auto attack..... and melee attacks had a cast bar, none where instant.

I know you're smart devs and wont make these mistakes, but i just want to put it out there that all the story, rich lore, awesome game mechanics and spit and polish you can muster wont be enough for many many players if the combat is soul draining.
    Players should want to engage in combat because its so fun and thrilling.

I dont want asian MMO combat, im perfectly ok with tab targetting.
    I hate to mention wow, but i think few would disagree that wow combat during wotlk, was the pinnacle of combat.
    So fluid, so responsive, i challenge anyone who has played a death knight during WOTlk to say im wrong.

I want this game to win my heart, im tired of sleeping around, i want to settle down and have babies with this game, but it has to treat me right.

• 291 posts
    February 8, 2020 8:47 AM PST

Grimseethe said:

I want this game to win my heart, im tired of sleeping around, i want to settle down and have babies with this game, but it has to treat me right.

Made my morning. Thanks.

• 368 posts
    February 8, 2020 12:15 PM PST

I would disagree on WoW. To me the pinncable of combat was EQ1 circa 99-04 any class. But we're all entitled to our opinions :P

EQ2 is in a sad sad state, although it is my current mmo. I go back and forth between that and ESO. Either one can only muster enough content for a few months of game play with each expansion. EQ2 had such potental but was continually dumbed down in favor of casual play, inclusiveness, and "balancing classes" to the point they have few distinctions. They equate having more buttons to push as emergent game play and difficult, while simoultaniously weighting game goals towards end game raiding. These days it seems the bulk of content is end game raiding. This last xpac botched itemization worse than I have ever seen it. And lets face it EQ2's carrot is the gear treadmill.

This post was edited by arazons at February 8, 2020 12:17 PM PST
    • 287 posts
    February 8, 2020 8:00 PM PST

I've been playing Project Gorgon to keep me entertained for the short term. It's kinda refreshing in some of the unique things they do. But the UI and graphics are very rough.

• 1281 posts
    February 8, 2020 8:10 PM PST

I've been playing Red Dead Redemption 2 Online as my "time killer" until Pantheon comes out.

• 65 posts
    February 8, 2020 10:00 PM PST

Grimseethe said:

I'm so bored, i started play Dungeons and dragons online, maybe if you love D&D you could enjoy it, but just as a mmo to hop into its really boring and confusing.
    The game likes to use alot of words to means very little.

I read about D&D online and it sounded good until the part about paying hundred$ for endless micro transactions in the cash shop. No thanks. It's too bad because I still have a serious D&D itch.

Battle Brothers is a great turn based strategy game that took hundreds of hours of my life, as did many Dark Souls and Souls like games. Still can't find a good MMO though. 

• 9115 posts
    February 9, 2020 5:30 PM PST

Moved to Off-Topic - General Pantheon is for General Pantheon discussion only, please be mindful of where you post a new thread.

• 51 posts
    February 10, 2020 4:59 AM PST

Have you given the Vanguard Emulator a try? Its in an Alpha state, and probably not something to stick with super long term, but its a neat way to experience another one of Brad's creations.  My guild lately has been running the Isles of Dawn together and having lots of fun!  If you are interested, let me know and I can can meet up in game.

• 844 posts
    February 14, 2020 8:50 AM PST

Not an MMO, but maybe try Outward. You can get it on Steam.

And it does have a coop mode.