February 7, 2020 2:52 PM PST

Hey guys,

Here is the January recording for those who missed it live -

January Dev Roundtable Part 2 - General Q&A with Joppa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0uPswhN4to&feature=youtu.be

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at February 7, 2020 2:58 PM PST
    • 5 posts
    February 9, 2020 3:05 PM PST

Just finished listening to this.  First of all, I appreciate you guys keeping on top of the updates, it's nice to listen to the perspective that's shaping the game.  Just a few comments about some of the items mentioned:

• When Joppa mentioned he was in 9th grade when EQ came out I instantly felt old as hell.  That being said, the fact that he's had that experience clearly shows that there are takeaways from Everquest that will play a big role with Pantheon, one of the big reasons I know many folks are excited about it.
    • The new take on the Alternate Advancement system is sounding great!  Out of all the things I enjoyed most about Everquest the AA system was by far the best thing they did to improve the longevity of that game.  I'm hopeful that you guys can expand on that and actually make some strides in improving on it. 
    • The continuation of the end-game, outside of getting new gear and upgrading your skills, could also include leveling up certain legendary items (which themselves could be a challenge to obtain).  Either having these like the EQ Epic quests or simply raid drops are options.  Both World of Warcraft and Lord of the Rings Online have both had ways to "level up" items to make them more effective, provide unique abilites based on the class or type of item, etc.
    • Lastly, there may be some consideration given to folks interested in Twitch streams during Pre-Alpha or Alpha to give others some idea of gameplay.  I understand the game isn't quite as polished as you might like but it could drum up some necssary interest.
    • 49 posts
    February 21, 2020 6:30 PM PST
    I thought the game development was fully funded?
    • 49 posts
    February 22, 2020 4:35 AM PST
    Ya I noticed that Kilsin made the comment "until fully funded".
    • 291 posts
    February 22, 2020 5:23 AM PST

timestamp?

• 49 posts
    February 22, 2020 3:13 PM PST
    1:14:15
    • 291 posts
    February 22, 2020 3:23 PM PST

Hmm this isnt kilsin saying this so I can see how this easily could be mis construed or how even I could easily have it wrong. They had said the game had enough funding to get to launch, however more money brings launch closer. Id assume "fully funded" meant the game was launching and the time for pledging past, and the time for subs begins.

• 1993 posts
    February 22, 2020 3:49 PM PST

Alyonyah said:

Hmm this isnt kilsin saying this

I'm sorry but that IS kilsin speaking.

Nevertheless, the comment is vague and it would be wise to not draw too much in the way of conclusions from it.

(I've heard that people in front of a microphone occasionally say things that they really didn't intend to come out that way)

• 291 posts
    February 22, 2020 4:46 PM PST

Hmmm Im sorry your right. Ive had a dev mis labeled all this time. Thanks for correcting me, dont be sorry. I learn!

• 1993 posts
    February 22, 2020 5:25 PM PST

That Aussie accent is hard to miss once you recognize it, mate!

• 49 posts
    February 23, 2020 5:27 AM PST
    Heard a few people mention the comment since the recording so I thought it would be good for VR to clarify.
    • 291 posts
    February 23, 2020 6:31 AM PST

nexus said: Heard a few people mention the comment since the recording so I thought it would be good for VR to clarify.

I agree.

• 201 posts
    February 23, 2020 12:50 PM PST

Jothany said:

Alyonyah said:

Hmm this isnt kilsin saying this

I'm sorry but that IS kilsin speaking.

Nevertheless, the comment is vague and it would be wise to not draw too much in the way of conclusions from it.

(I've heard that people in front of a microphone occasionally say things that they really didn't intend to come out that way)

I don't think that comment is vague in the least.  In fact, he goes on for almost 2 minutes and keeps talking about it and everything he says after flows logically from the first statement. Honestly, it really shouldn't be anything to be surprised about because the statement "we are funded to launch" has always been nonsensical anyway because you cannot know how much you will need to launch when you don't even know how long it will take.  If you are 6 months out or a year out and know within almost certainty you are close to the end that is one thing.  When you are years behind schedule after schedule and are still likely years away, you really cannot know how much you will need, and I highly doubt they have AAA level backing with regards to funds. 

Unless you have an investor who has guaranteed an infinite amount of funds, you have money until you don't, so it makes sense that he would say more funding helps them get to the level of funding needed to finish the game.  They obviously need more money and are obviously running super streamlined (no money for website updates for example, or forums etc), so let us hope they get the money they need.

This post was edited by antonius at February 24, 2020 9:05 AM PST
    • 1860 posts
    February 23, 2020 1:56 PM PST

Here is the link to the most definitive bit of funding info we have:

http://visionaryrealms.com/visionary-realms-closes-series-a-funding-for-highly-anticipated-videogame-pantheon-rise-of-the-fallen/

Anything beyond that has only been mentioned in passing and we have heard different things from different people.
    I assume when they reach series B funding they will be excited to let us know like they were with series A funding.

• 9115 posts
    February 23, 2020 6:29 PM PST

For clarification - Full funding just means a big investor(s) or company(s) come on board to back us right through to release - Until then, we continue to rely on crowdfunding by way of pledges, merch and word of mouth.

We are not currently in danger but we also don't want to be, so we seek full funding while continuing our efforts to crowdfund (pledges and merch store).

So tell your family, friends and random gamers about us! :)

• 201 posts
    February 24, 2020 9:04 AM PST

So yeah...exactly what I posted above. :)

• 49 posts
    February 25, 2020 4:59 AM PST
    Kilsin - Thanks for the clarification. I only check in on the game every 4/5 months so it is hard to keep up to speed on every little aspect. I do not have time to go through all the posts and such :).

Good luck with the development over the next year or two. I do not think the game is what I'm looking for, but there appears to be a good base of supporters.
    • 9 posts
    February 25, 2020 10:57 AM PST

Kilsin said:

I will do :D

• 1921 posts
    February 25, 2020 1:52 PM PST

Kilsin said:

For clarification - Full funding just means a big investor(s) or company(s) come on board to back us right through to release - Until then, we continue to rely on crowdfunding by way of pledges, merch and word of mouth.

We are not currently in danger but we also don't want to be, so we seek full funding while continuing our efforts to crowdfund (pledges and merch store).

Hm, this is the first time I've seen you refer to company(s) or (potentially, depending on your interpretation of the wording) a big company(s) or anything outside of single-person/angel investors in the context of "fully funded".  I could be mistaken, but here's a follow up question, in the context of your feb 23, 2020 post above:

What would the consequences be if a company were to fully fund Pantheon?
    or
    Would there be any consequence(s), differences, impact, changes, or implications of any kind, at all, in any way, if a company fully funded Pantheon, rather than a big investor, or single-person/angel investor?

As a common man on the street, once a business, company, corporate entity, or anything not just a single-person/angel investor would fully fund Pantheon, my expectation would be that there would be significant changes to many aspects of Visionary Realms.  If that's not the case, please elaborate at length. :)

This post was edited by vjek at February 25, 2020 1:56 PM PST
    • 39 posts
    February 25, 2020 3:57 PM PST

vjek said:

or
    Would there be any consequence(s), differences, impact, changes, or implications of any kind, at all, in any way, if a company fully funded Pantheon, rather than a big investor, or single-person/angel investor?

I'm mildly concerned with this as well.

Only mildly because I don't see them selling out to Electronic Arts.

If it were to happen I'd immediately attempt to get a refund of my crowdfunding donation.

A big company can be a major boon, it can also spell the death of a project if such funding comes with requirements that destroy a games origional vision/intent.

This post was edited by Sakkara at February 25, 2020 3:58 PM PST
    • 1273 posts
    February 25, 2020 4:29 PM PST

...I'm mildly concerned with this as well...

Me too.  Also the same week the debate is about cash shops, haha.  I was feeling quite encouraged about the popularity of this project.  You see new pledges every day...I haven't kept stats, but most days there are at least 5 or 6 new pledges.  You'd think with all the interest and pledges coming in financing wouldn't be a big worry right now.  Too bad this info isn't more public.

• 379 posts
    February 25, 2020 7:39 PM PST

Well you guys don't need to worry thus far, as VR wants to maintain complete control of game design and the VR company as a whole. If they didn't, they would of had big money by now.

• 9115 posts
    February 26, 2020 2:03 AM PST

vjek said:

Kilsin said:

Hm, this is the first time I've seen you refer to company(s) or (potentially, depending on your interpretation of the wording) a big company(s) or anything outside of single-person/angel investors in the context of "fully funded".  I could be mistaken, but here's a follow up question, in the context of your feb 23, 2020 post above:

or

As a common man on the street, once a business, company, corporate entity, or anything not just a single-person/angel investor would fully fund Pantheon, my expectation would be that there would be significant changes to many aspects of Visionary Realms.  If that's not the case, please elaborate at length. :)

You're honestly looking way too much into this man. We will not give up control of Pantheon to anyone, no matter how much money they throw at us, the team is very passionate about that. I understand that you guys are impatient and want more but trying to dissect things like this just create rumours and fuel negative discussions.

A big investor(s) or Company(s) means more hires, more work done, faster progress without sacrificing quality, access to more resources etc. it doesn't mean handing over control of our game.

• 9115 posts
    February 26, 2020 2:05 AM PST

Ranarius said:

...I'm mildly concerned with this as well...

Me too.  Also the same week the debate is about cash shops, haha.  I was feeling quite encouraged about the popularity of this project.  You see new pledges every day...I haven't kept stats, but most days there are at least 5 or 6 new pledges.  You'd think with all the interest and pledges coming in financing wouldn't be a big worry right now.  Too bad this info isn't more public.

Cash shop was a CM question created by me mate (I post two a week on various topics that I think will create discussion), they are to engage with the community, provide a platform for you guys to voice your opinions and generate discussion, nothing more. If they also give us feedback on certain topics then greate but take them with a grain of salt, they are not official surveys. :)

• 9115 posts
    February 26, 2020 2:06 AM PST

Fragile said:

Well you guys don't need to worry thus far, as VR wants to maintain complete control of game design and the VR company as a whole. If they didn't, they would of had big money by now.

Exactly. We have rejected offers that involved control aspects. We are serious about our game and our community.