Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Ben spilled the beans!!

• 188 posts
    February 5, 2020 9:55 PM PST

Haha awesome pun in the newsletter! Nathan Napalm will be happy lol. Loved the last stream and talking about the patch notes. Thumbs up! Keep up the hard work and I can't wait to see PF!

Fixed the error, too fast typing!

This post was edited by Kastor at February 6, 2020 5:46 AM PST
    • 3852 posts
    February 6, 2020 3:17 AM PST

Nathan Napalm sounds really hot. Oh - Naplam - never mind.

• 1281 posts
    February 6, 2020 7:15 PM PST

It will be nice to see PF. They say that PF is much more than a zone. That means we should start seeing near-final art, a working quest system, working perception, working climate and acclimation systems, new animations, climbing, skill systems, level progression, NPCs, etc, etc.

I think the entire point of PF is to be able to show a slice of the game and say this is what the entire game will look like at launch. That is going to help bring more investors (angel and crowd) on board because they will see a near finished quality.

I’m still also wondering if they will go back to Kickstarter or something similar with PF.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at February 6, 2020 7:16 PM PST
    • 2756 posts
    February 7, 2020 2:57 AM PST

bigdogchris said:

It will be nice to see PF. They say that PF is much more than a zone. That means we should start seeing near-final art, a working quest system, working perception, working climate and acclimation systems, new animations, climbing, skill systems, level progression, NPCs, etc, etc.

I think the entire point of PF is to be able to show a slice of the game and say this is what the entire game will look like at launch. That is going to help bring more investors (angel and crowd) on board because they will see a near finished quality.

I’m still also wondering if they will go back to Kickstarter or something similar with PF.

Not directly related to the OP but mention of Nathan Napalm and the projest Farethale made me think of having tried Reign of Darkness recently. It's a unity based MMORPG developed by a single person and, as such, is amazing, but also makes clear exactly how much extra VR have done with Pantheon above and beyond just utilising Unity assets. Pantheon already looks much better than Reign of Darkness. VR have done a lot to improve on the basic Unity stuff.

Can't wait to see PF!

(But anyone who wants to see a Unity-based MMORPG might want to look in on Reign of Darkness).