Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Fatigued

• 7 posts
    February 13, 2020 6:26 AM PST

I imagine it's gotta be hard for the devs too.  They want to get an awesome product out and it takes time.  Seeing people's frustration can't be easy for them too especially if they are putting 100% effort into it.  I look at it like it's neat to follow along and not worry about it.  When it comes it comes.  In the meantime, I carry on with life and play other things when I can.  I get the frustration, but keep in mind it's probably hard for them too.

• 2756 posts
    February 13, 2020 8:13 AM PST

athompson said:

I imagine it's gotta be hard for the devs too.  They want to get an awesome product out and it takes time.  Seeing people's frustration can't be easy for them too especially if they are putting 100% effort into it.  I look at it like it's neat to follow along and not worry about it.  When it comes it comes.  In the meantime, I carry on with life and play other things when I can.  I get the frustration, but keep in mind it's probably hard for them too.

The devs don't seem like they are frustrated or finding things hard, to me. They seem to be having a ball and they say they are enjoying making the game (or similar comments) quite regularly.

If they are frustrated or upset in any way they should go on to acting careers after this, because they seem to be very happy and contented to be VR and to be working on Pantheon.

Good thing too.

The frustration is that there isn't anyone else making an MMORPG anything like it and we have to wait until VR are done making Pantheon.

I still want VR to take all the time they need to do it right and I hope they enjoy doing it too.

• 153 posts
    February 13, 2020 10:23 AM PST

well good news bogusbooty! they have recently started pre-alpha 500020005, so keep your faith, alpha is coming soon!

• 185 posts
    February 16, 2020 8:20 PM PST

athompson said:

I imagine it's gotta be hard for the devs too.  They want to get an awesome product out and it takes time.  Seeing people's frustration can't be easy for them too especially if they are putting 100% effort into it.  

I would take a respectful but significant issue with this point. And i think this is The issue with the game at the moment.

In the most recent update stream the developers were proudly stating how ahead of schedule they are with PF in particular. Something i found remarkable and worrying. If that was spoken 100% truthfully, it is bordering on delusional.

This is not a pace of development that suggests a dedicated team is putting in 40 hours+ a week of hard work to drive this project forward. It just isn't. Its a pace of development that suggests people are working on it kinda on and off, part time-ish, whenever they feel like it. I really hope im wrong, but come on now.

They mentioned that PF is indeed much more then one zone, and that it includes all kinds of core gameplay mechanics. Well excuse me, but shouldn't core gameplay mechanics have been something that were implemented during the last 5 years of development?

Every time a question is asked of them about some system or feature, the answer is always the same. "We plan to do A, B and C, but nothing is implemented yet."

At some point this state of progress has to be seen for what it is.

I looked back at the "Making of a City" stream from November 2017. It showed Thronefast in a grey box state of development. I would be amazed and encouraged if they could put together a simple 2 min video showing players walking though a completed city interacting with NPCs etc. Sadly, im almost certain that over 2 years after that footage, this is still not possible. 

An honest accounting of whats going on would be welcome, but it wouldn't really change anything either. I really hope they pick up the pace of development so that there is still a community of players out there ready to populate this world they are creating, and not have this gone to waste.

This post was edited by lotuss79 at February 16, 2020 8:25 PM PST
    • 159 posts
    February 17, 2020 2:10 AM PST

disposalist said:

I still want VR to take all the time they need 

This is not hate. I do not agree with you. I know you have been able to get into some of the PA's. but the majority of pledgers that haven't are understandablely frustrated.

I'm waiting to see the information we get or don't get tomorrow with the Cohh stream. Nothing wrong with holding them accountable & wanting to see results to smooth over our fears/ concerns.

I agree with other people saying they need to pick up the pace. Hire more people & / or contract out what you can. This game has got to get to alpha sooner vs later at this point IMHO.

• 26 posts
    February 18, 2020 2:17 PM PST

@OP,

I know the feeling. I came, I saw, I got Hyped. I waited and waited and waited. I did my research and watched as development chugged along and in the end decided this game is probably not for me. I wish the community well and hope the gaame is everything they ever wanted. But there is little to no room for those who are not no-lifers, and those who don't want to be grouped 100% of the time. I ahve heard it a millionn times that I am wrong yet not one person can tell me the average player will be able to functionally play this game solo. Which is fine, but stop leading people on. If it's not a solo friendly game, don't try to appeal to the solo players. 

The Alpha is yet to even be announced to my knowledge. I had a monthly payment plan to get into alpha until I learned how alpha was going to be handled with a schedule for login times to make sure people had groups because its THAT unplayable outside of a group. 

I have other games to play, It's a shame. The lore looks fantastic, the art looks fantastic, and I'm sure the raids would be if they were instanced. the game is going to be a cess pool of toxic greifers and monopoly guilds guarding bosses and dungeons. Don't plan on playing a healer and leveling if you came to the party late! The devs haven't been able to give any indication how they plan to deal with problem players in open world content. They could train mobs on you and feign death as a monk, get you killed, make you waste hours getting your body back and recovering your XP all in the name of "why the hell not" on a PVE server. Everything is "we will talk about it later" or "we have a plan". after more than a year of that I ende dup giving up :(

anyways, I am just angry. I'm sure the game will be fine but the community will be small and tight knit, but that's the vibe I'm getting that people want. So kuddos to you all, if it ever changes and the game decides to be more accessable, less punishing, and more friendly to those of us with kids, a job, and weird schedules.... i'll be back :D

This post was edited by Yaz87x at February 18, 2020 2:20 PM PST
    • 159 posts
    February 18, 2020 2:43 PM PST

It has been said repeatedly what VR vision was and is. VR said repeatedly open world. They have said it'll be first to tag a mob that gets credit. They "never" said it was a solo friendly game. VR said again repeatedly you might be able to solo some, but the goal is to group and bring back MMO to MMO standards.  As for FD from monks training you. VR has also addressed that issue.

Brad also said this game isn't going to be for everyone. So the best of luck to you.  So what you are really saying is if VR makes the game 100% the way you demand it to be you'll be back. Will you will not be back because that isn't going to happen.

As for the community. I like the community over all. Most people here are brutely honest and not thin skin. They give true insight and don't sugarcoat anything. you"ll get "REAL" "HONEST" debate here with nobody holding your hand.

Lastly there is no shortage of games that hold your hand like you want. This isn't one of them. We are going OLD SCHOOL the way a MMO should be. People are actually going to have to talk to each other and work together. Wow what a shock!

MMO = Massively Multiplayer Online.

• 2419 posts
    February 18, 2020 3:03 PM PST

Vander said:

I'm waiting to see the information we get or don't get tomorrow with the Cohh stream. Nothing wrong with holding them accountable & wanting to see results to smooth over our fears/ concerns.

Ok, so the Cohh stream is out and what are your thoughts?  They clearly showed how they progressed from concept art through 'final' in-game art asset.  We saw 1) a nearly completely overhauled UI (the Shaman's 'vision' eye element is implemented and functioning); 2) the codex far more fleshed out; 3) working spell upgrades through the ability point system; 4) more examples of climbing and a statement that climbing skill will allow you to reach places otherwise previously unreachable; 5) wind environmental effects in Isle of Eternal Storm actually demonstrated (and the glyph showing a working reduction in that effect); and 6) the lightning strikes actually working and players taking damage.

Clearly a lot of work has gone on and even from the last stream things are definitely improved.

A point of interest. Cohh, at one point, looks over the edge down the waterfall.  Did you see just how far down that waterfall goes?  That is a HUGE distance that the ground is nearly out of sight.

• 291 posts
    February 18, 2020 3:55 PM PST

Im psyched myself. People have no patience these days. Games looking awesome. Cant wait (dont really mean that /eye)!

• 26 posts
    February 18, 2020 5:25 PM PST

Vander said:

So the best of luck to you.  So what you are really saying is if VR makes the game 100% the way you demand it to be you'll be back. Will you will not be back because that isn't going to happen.

You got it... 100% exactly the way i want it. glad you got it. This is exactly the kind of behavior that got me to back out of my pledge and run for the hills. I gave a very vague broad statement, hardly anything specific.

I also stated i am happy for you guys and I hope it goes well and that was not meant to be passive agressive or backhanded. I felt mislead by the community in some ways because when I was very new I asked and was repeatedly given the statement "some classes, some people, can solo" "many aspects of the game can be solo'd" "the game isn't designed to be solo'd but that doesn't mean it can't be!"

So I got the sense that it can be, just it would be more difficult. Anyways, I am off. I came back to see if there were any updates since I technically can still get into alpha when it happens.

I never once asked the game to be easy, never asked it to be myy way, etc. The hostility in the community is palpable and that is unfortuante :(

• 291 posts
    February 18, 2020 5:33 PM PST

Yaz87x said:

Vander said:

So the best of luck to you.  So what you are really saying is if VR makes the game 100% the way you demand it to be you'll be back. Will you will not be back because that isn't going to happen.

You got it... 100% exactly the way i want it. glad you got it. This is exactly the kind of behavior that got me to back out of my pledge and run for the hills. I gave a very vague broad statement, hardly anything specific.

I also stated i am happy for you guys and I hope it goes well and that was not meant to be passive agressive or backhanded. I felt mislead by the community in some ways because when I was very new I asked and was repeatedly given the statement "some classes, some people, can solo" "many aspects of the game can be solo'd" "the game isn't designed to be solo'd but that doesn't mean it can't be!"

So I got the sense that it can be, just it would be more difficult. Anyways, I am off. I came back to see if there were any updates since I technically can still get into alpha when it happens.

I never once asked the game to be easy, never asked it to be myy way, etc. The hostility in the community is palpable and that is unfortuante :(

Maybe you just think of yourself as a victim? Pretty common these days.

• 159 posts
    February 18, 2020 5:36 PM PST

Yaz87x said:

Vander said:

You most difinitely did implied what I said and I make no apology for what I said. You might not have directly said it, but you again most difinetly did implied it.

You came across as a disgruntled person that didn't just want to walk away peacefully. You wanted to burn the house down and take as many people with you that you could.

It wasn't hostility. It just wasn't what you wanted to hear. I hope you do find the game the best fits you, but I'm not a PC person and never will be.  Best of luck to you.

• 26 posts
    February 18, 2020 5:36 PM PST

i'm not sure where you made that connection /shrugs.  Again though, the game looks great and I really do hope it turns out well and fulfills the needs of the community. :)

• 159 posts
    February 18, 2020 5:39 PM PST

Vandraad said:

Vander said:

Ok, so the Cohh stream is out and what are your thoughts?  They clearly showed how they progressed from concept art through 'final' in-game art asset.  We saw 1) a nearly completely overhauled UI (the Shaman's 'vision' eye element is implemented and functioning); 2) the codex far more fleshed out; 3) working spell upgrades through the ability point system; 4) more examples of climbing and a statement that climbing skill will allow you to reach places otherwise previously unreachable; 5) wind environmental effects in Isle of Eternal Storm actually demonstrated (and the glyph showing a working reduction in that effect); and 6) the lightning strikes actually working and players taking damage.

Clearly a lot of work has gone on and even from the last stream things are definitely improved.

A point of interest. Cohh, at one point, looks over the edge down the waterfall.  Did you see just how far down that waterfall goes?  That is a HUGE distance that the ground is nearly out of sight.

I need to watch the video again sir. I was busy having fun and cutting up. So I missed some key points. I'll get back to you after I watch the video again. The parts I did see. I only have good things to say as of now.

• 844 posts
    February 18, 2020 5:40 PM PST

I enjoyed the Dev Stream, but nothing seen today addresses the issue of their time-line for me, which is most of the critics concerns I believe. Mine at least.

Seeing a smattering of two zones, that have been in development for over a year? Does not impress me as much as it seems to others. I would expect them to be very well developed after such a period.

If we saw a smattering of 20 fleshed out zones, then that would be something I would find impressive.

They say they're holding back. I hope so.

Movie previews used to just tease about their content. Then a number of years ago they simply started showing all the best parts from the movie. Which is better? I can't be sure.

This post was edited by zewtastic at February 18, 2020 5:42 PM PST
    • 291 posts
    February 19, 2020 6:05 AM PST

This post was edited by Alyonyah at February 22, 2020 9:09 AM PST
    • 291 posts
    February 21, 2020 4:30 AM PST

This post was edited by Alyonyah at February 22, 2020 9:09 AM PST
    • 49 posts
    February 21, 2020 5:32 AM PST
    As you have heard from others take a break. I check in on the game every 3/4 months to take a quick look at the progress. I also try to focus on the VR content. I typically (yes I read some of this stream) stay away from the forums and reddit since I find the "conversation" disappointing on both sides.
    • 291 posts
    February 21, 2020 5:36 AM PST

nexus said: As you have heard from others take a break. I check in on the game every 3/4 months to take a quick look at the progress. I also try to focus on the VR content. I typically (yes I read some of this stream) stay away from the forums and reddit since I find the "conversation" disappointing on both sides.

I totally understand, and just came back from that break myself. Im rejuvenated.