Forums » The Paladin

If Paladins could be any race

• 372 posts
    February 4, 2020 10:58 PM PST

If Paladins could be any race, and ignore the Race/Class matrix - what would you choose to be?

For me, I think it's gotta be Ogre and a close 2nd is Archai (just because Roenick seemed so pumped about v2.0).

• 1688 posts
    February 5, 2020 8:06 AM PST

Human.

I know it's in the race/class matrix, but humans and their faith in RPG have allways made them the best race for paladins to my eyes.

• 24 posts
    February 5, 2020 9:08 AM PST

The only race I would add to Paladins (and clerics) are Elves.  Perhaps there is a reason in the Pantheon Lore to exclude them, which would be fine if so, but most games do include elves with those classes.

• 508 posts
    February 6, 2020 6:13 AM PST

My choices would be: 

1) Dwarf/Dark Myr (both are screaming PALADIN to me)

2) Human (though only becouse I'm not into neither Paladins nor Humans and becouse this class/race combo synergiese quite well together)

3) Archai (something I would consider, but it would be very unlikely)

• 764 posts
    February 10, 2020 1:08 PM PST

I agree with Hegenox on this one whole-heartedly with Dark Myr and Dwarf.  Dark Myr screams "righteous fanatical crusader of a cause" a.k.a. Paladin, to me.  And Dwarves seem like the steadfast defender of the defensless. 

edit:  With that said, I'll probably reluctantly play a Human Paladin because I can't stand playing races that are stereotyped as (or actually are) short and/or fat.

This post was edited by Darch at February 10, 2020 1:29 PM PST
    • 372 posts
    February 10, 2020 6:35 PM PST

Dark Myr does fit very well lore-wise, and can already be clerics...

• 28 posts
    February 14, 2020 3:12 PM PST

I would like to see Elves be able to play them, mainly because I like Elves and I like Paladins.

Dark Myr seems to make the most sense since they can be warriors and clerics. The only arguement I have against Dark Myr being paladin's is that t hey're already capable of being all classes except Paladin, Ranger and Shaman.

Personally - I would remove Bard and Monk from Dark Myr, Remove Summoner from Elf and add Cleric and Paladin to Elf and Summoner to Archai

I just can't imagine a Merman / Marmaid doing a flying kick underwater with no legs and a tail. Plus fighting underwater with your hands just seems like it would not be a type of fighting style a race that was from underwater would develop. Same with them being a bard. Seems weird unless you think of mayber a siren singing but they're not singing songs of glory and inspiration, just mezmorizing you.

Ehh...

Just my two cents.

• 764 posts
    February 14, 2020 8:13 PM PST

ShaggNasty said:

I would like to see Elves be able to play them, mainly because I like Elves and I like Paladins.

Dark Myr seems to make the most sense since they can be warriors and clerics. The only arguement I have against Dark Myr being paladin's is that t hey're already capable of being all classes except Paladin, Ranger and Shaman.

Personally - I would remove Bard and Monk from Dark Myr, Remove Summoner from Elf and add Cleric and Paladin to Elf and Summoner to Archai

I just can't imagine a Merman / Marmaid doing a flying kick underwater with no legs and a tail. Plus fighting underwater with your hands just seems like it would not be a type of fighting style a race that was from underwater would develop. Same with them being a bard. Seems weird unless you think of mayber a siren singing but they're not singing songs of glory and inspiration, just mezmorizing you.

Ehh...

Just my two cents.

I agree with all of what you said; it sounds like you are using logic.  Stop doing that :p
    (I would also give Dark Myr Ranger OR take away Druid... if I were to use the same logic.  Shaman also makes more sense for Dark Myr than for Elves or Humans IMO).