Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Yesterdays Stream

• 9115 posts
    February 3, 2020 1:08 AM PST

Thread cleaned up, all off-topic posts removed - please keep this thread on the topic of "yesterday's stream".

Links to VIP Roundtable removed, I will officially post them at the end of the week.

PF is so much more than just a zone, we will reveal more soon.

• 627 posts
    February 3, 2020 7:19 AM PST
    Just because VR has not shown us any "real" progress, dosnt Mean that their arnt any progress made. Wait untill VR release PF and then be critic of the speed and so on. We are close and I personally thing we will get wowed the FCK out of our gamerchairs :)
    • 36 posts
    February 3, 2020 9:22 AM PST

OCastitatisLilium said:

Though as someone else here said, it could be that PF is taking so long because it's what they are using to test the waters a bit, learn some things and write down what's faster and more efficient to make the rest of the zones. They would be, in a sense, creating a formula to just plug things into and then they can bang out the other places flawlessly and with a great deal of speed; you can't repeat success if you don't know what the formula to that success was. I am hoping this is the case, but from where I am standing and with the lack of timeframes and such, my look on this game and the concerns are the same as OP's...the progress just doesn't seem to be there and it seems that my pledge was wasted. While that might not be the case and they might be damned near completed for all I know, but because of the lack of progress being shown, I do feel my pledge has been wasted.

This is exactly what it is, that was the intent stated for PF from the very beginning and oft repeated.

• 3852 posts
    February 3, 2020 9:47 AM PST

((PF is so much more than just a zone, we will reveal more soon.))

I was less than typically positive in a post above so I wanted to add that this I believe implicitly. Creating 20 zones without working on things like crafting, harvesting, class abilities, rules for kill credit, how groups work. and so many other things *looks* impressive but in reality shows far less progress than even *one* zone with most of these things worked on and polished at least to alpha standards. 

Once you have the bones of a *game* it is easier to add different enemies, dungeons and themes. 

Having almost nothing and repeating it 20 times (zone one you fight orcs, zone two you fight kobolds, zone three you fight giants ....) is a fools game not a good path to developing something we will want to play).

This post was edited by dorotea at February 3, 2020 9:48 AM PST
    • 71 posts
    February 3, 2020 9:58 AM PST

Vander said:

Darch said:

will likely not open up Alpha until the game is actually ready for what should be Closed Beta.

That I do agree with. It does seems like VR wants to have the game 100% polish before going to alpha.

I feel the same way. It's like building your own house from the ground up. They could give us the house, but with no plumbing, a/c, or furnshings and we would all complain.

However, I do see the OP's point. I have also waitied for four years, and have little to go on in terms of when Alpha would begin. I would like to think by year's end? Seems reasonable. But for all i know it could another four years.

• 1428 posts
    February 3, 2020 10:13 AM PST

oh snap i'm fake news!  confirmed:  it isn't cancer thanks for the bit of info kilsin.

• 1404 posts
    February 3, 2020 10:31 AM PST

BamBam said: Just because VR has not shown us any "real" progress, dosnt Mean that their arnt any progress made. Wait untill VR release PF and then be critic of the speed and so on. We are close and I personally thing we will get wowed the FCK out of our gamerchairs :)

As much as I'd like to agree, I think most non programmer types will be unknowingly disappointed  (for sake of a better way to put it) 

What we are going to see are the things on that list they gave us, chat windows, faction, harvesting, ALL pretty uneventful stuff, but ALL required for a functional game and Alpha, all requiring a lot of programming . But nothing that's going to visually impress a whole lot or "WOW the FCK" out of anybody. Actually, I expect to see a lot of complaints about lack of "shinys" 

Nothing against the Dev team at all.... a lot of work has to go into these uneventful necessities.