Forums » Introduce Yourself

Hello All!

• 6 posts
    January 17, 2020 2:15 PM PST

Hello Everyone!

Just a short note to introduce myself to many possible future healing targets:)

I am very excited for this MMO as is most everyone else on this forum.  My life was a bit too busy back in the EQ days, but I really fell in love with community based MMOs in the first release of Guild Wars.  The game was challenging, and you could not get through most of its content without connecting with other people. I fell in love with the support classes that were usually missing from most groups and became a healer predominantly (which is the in-game name I stick with.)  I loved it.  Everything.  From the taunting back and forth with the tank to the care and empathy in the difficult raids.  Strong guilds formed around virtual crisis in-game.

Once the mercs came out with Factions they had such good AI that this fell apart for me.  The game was solo-able.  No one needed a human companion to back fill empty roles and the community died.  Guilds weakened as the need for them diminished.  I have tried so many other games since to find my fix but to no avail.  Then I stumbled across the Tenets of Pantheon - Rise Of The Fallen and here I am.

I very much look forward to meeting some of you online and eagerly anticipate a carefully thought out game that isn't rushed through.  Although I sense much anxiety and even frustration as the anticipation of this game becomes overwhelming for some, I am encouraged by the steadfast development team in the news streams as they resist giving up too many beans :)

Hakari Reiki

A.K.A. "Hak"

This post was edited by Hakari at January 17, 2020 2:29 PM PST
    • 374 posts
    January 17, 2020 2:38 PM PST

Welcome to the forums Hak.

I'm always ready to be a 'healing target' at any time, day or night:)

(makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside)

• 373 posts
    January 17, 2020 2:47 PM PST

Ill take some distance healing my way! Welcome aboard Hak :).

• 1658 posts
    January 17, 2020 3:29 PM PST

Welcome  :)

Why you fell out of love with Guild Wars applies to me for many games I have played since EQ and Vanguard.

• 131 posts
    January 17, 2020 3:30 PM PST

Welcome to the ranks!  It's fun to be excited but I find myself a little TOO excited a little too early.  Hmm, that reminds me of something else...

But back to the point.  This game is (or what they claim it will be :)) is exactly what I've been looking for as well.  I hope it comes out before my life gets too busy again.

• 35 posts
    January 17, 2020 5:45 PM PST

Hello Hak :) The heals will be very welcome. 

Ranarius said:

Welcome to the ranks!  It's fun to be excited but I find myself a little TOO excited a little too early.  Hmm, that reminds me of something else...

But back to the point.  This game is (or what they claim it will be :)) is exactly what I've been looking for as well.  I hope it comes out before my life gets too busy again.

This is such a relatable idea Ranarius. Too excited too early. I'm really hoping to hear good news about the completion of Project Faerthale in the next few months. Although I know my hopes won't change reality and I could probably adapt and be happy with whatever progress is made as long as they're moving towards launch. 

• 230 posts
    January 17, 2020 6:26 PM PST
    Welcome Hak!
    • 243 posts
    January 17, 2020 7:11 PM PST

Welcome Hak! It always comes back to the connections to other people. Glad you are here :)

• 377 posts
    January 18, 2020 4:55 AM PST

Welcome aboard!

• 1471 posts
    January 18, 2020 1:11 PM PST

Welcome!

#communitymatters #makenightmatteragain #factionsmatter #riskvsreward #deathpenalty #HardRaiding #respectyourguild #HellLevels #gamesnotworlds #aradune 

• 538 posts
    January 20, 2020 11:53 PM PST

Welcome! 

• 1825 posts
    January 22, 2020 8:49 AM PST

Welcome ! Hakari :) 

• 4398 posts
    January 22, 2020 12:23 PM PST

Welcome!

• 129 posts
    January 23, 2020 5:47 PM PST

Welcome.