Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Questions for VR Q&A

• 42 posts
    January 16, 2020 8:39 AM PST

What questions do you have for the Pantheon Q&A tonight BESIDES questions that start with "when?"

I know people are dying to know when is Alpha, Beta, launch, racial abilities reveal, Bard reveal, and Necro reveal, but let's try to stay away from those.

1. Can you please elaborate on the Rogue's Unstable Mixture ability?  Can this have a negative impact on the Rogue or heal/buff the enemy?  What possible outcomes might we expect?  
      Unstable Mixture - "Throw a vial of hastily combined ingredients at your enemy, causing an unpredictable effect."

2. Are the Ranger's Lay of the Land Ferret and Hawk scout abilities in 1st person or 3rd person view?  Can they get aggroed or die from AoE damage?
      Lay of the Land: Ferret/Hawk Scout - Control a Ferret/Vale Hawk to scout a distance ahead."

3. Many racial innates grant a bonus to a certain trait or skill like +10 to Daggers or Shields.  Is there a trait/skill cap that will eventually make this useless in the higher levels?

4. Right now, only the Skar lists its specific advantages toward a disposition in the Racial Passive Innates section on the website.  Will all racial advantages to dispositions be a damage dealt/received tradeoff or will it be different for each race?  
      "Skar have an advantage against the Predatory disposition (+X% to damage dealt, -Y% to damage received. May also nullify certain aspects of the disposition’s effects)."

• 21 posts
    January 16, 2020 9:23 AM PST

Personally I just want a new map and some more lore to eat up.

• 1273 posts
    January 16, 2020 9:55 AM PST

When it comes to dungeons and bosses will there be varying sizes so that a group could "complete" a dungeon/raid in say, 30 minutes, 60 minutes, 90 minutes, 120 minutes, etc?  It would be fun to have smaller dungeons for "weeknights" and bigger dungeons/raids for "weekends."

• 1273 posts
    January 16, 2020 9:59 AM PST

If you're grouped up in a dungeon and most of the party has a high enough climbing skill to reach a certain point but one or two group members do not will that just mean the group can't go there yet?  Or will there be ways for the climbers to help the others up? 

• 42 posts
    January 16, 2020 10:16 AM PST

Ranarius said:

If you're grouped up in a dungeon and most of the party has a high enough climbing skill to reach a certain point but one or two group members do not will that just mean the group can't go there yet?  Or will there be ways for the climbers to help the others up? 

That may be where the Rogue's Length of Rope ability comes in, assuming the Rogue has a high enough climbing skill to get to the top himself.  
    Length of Rope - "Let down a length of rope which your group members can climb."

• 1273 posts
    January 16, 2020 10:22 AM PST

That may be where the Rogue's Length of Rope ability comes in, assuming the Rogue has a high enough climbing skill to get to the top himself.  
    Length of Rope - "Let down a length of rope which your group members can climb."

Ah, awesome.  Thanks for finding that for me - I'll save them time and NOT ask that question live tonight :)  

• 370 posts
    January 16, 2020 11:32 AM PST

Since the game is open world how will they be addressing larger guilds monopolizing raid content and blocking other guilds/people from getting it? Or will any effort or system even be put in place to address that or will it be "up to the community"?

• 1992 posts
    January 16, 2020 12:47 PM PST

When Dire Lord does damage that also heals himself, will he receive the full amount of 'damage-hate' plus the full amount of 'healing-hate'?

If during a fight a DL targets another mob briefly in order to con it, then switches back to the original mob, will that 'reset' his Provoking Phantoms effect back to zero?

Does Attack Rating have any affect on one's chance to Crit or does it only affect the chances of hit vs. miss (or something else entirely)?

Can you elaborate on a Rogue's "previously unmentioned resource named "Opportunity" which is generated while in Stealth"?

Will Blacksmith make 'light mail' and which Crafter will make Bows/Crossbows?

Edit: one question answered, another one added :)

This post was edited by Jothany at January 16, 2020 3:46 PM PST
    • 216 posts
    January 16, 2020 12:52 PM PST

Loxxulus said:

Many racial innates grant a bonus to a certain trait or skill like +10 to Daggers or Shields.  Is there a trait/skill cap that will eventually make this useless in the higher levels?

This was answered in a PantheonPlus stream where Joppa confirmed that the +10 to Dagger or shields and the likes will go over cap.

• 216 posts
    January 16, 2020 12:56 PM PST

Jothany said:

Will Blacksmith make 'light mail' and which Crafter will make Bows/Crossbows?

The Woodworker specialized into the Bowyer will make bows.

https://pantheonriseofthefallen.gamepedia.com/Woodworker

• 1992 posts
    January 16, 2020 2:58 PM PST

Kellie said:

The Woodworker specialized into the Bowyer will make bows.

https://pantheonriseofthefallen.gamepedia.com/Woodworker

Thanks a bunch Kellie.

(I can't believe I missed that section of the wiki!)

• 520 posts
    January 16, 2020 3:15 PM PST

Ahh Kellie was faster with the answers ;-)

My questions are:

- Frozen Fortress - Will this ability (or any other barrier abilities) protect us from getting one-shoted (like from boss devastating attacks) or will dmg above barrier treshold (from the same attack)  automatically go through hp?

-Will monk abilities have elemental tag on them (or perhaps even deal part of the dmg as elemental one) so that it'll be affected by Archais Elemental Attunement?

- Will AoE abilities/spells be relevant with a CC in our group or will they be shunned and ultimately rarely (if ever) used? Will this issue be adressed or do you think that if worked well enough in EQ? 

- What will happen to pets/summons/charmed monsters when we climb? Will they be automatically teleported on the other end (I hope not!)? Will we be forced to resummon them? Or perhaps elemental summons will float near the Summoner, animalistic pets will shrink and remain on it's master shoulders and charmed humanoids/Necros skellies will climb with us?

• 238 posts
    January 16, 2020 4:10 PM PST

Hegenox said:

- Will AoE abilities/spells be relevant with a CC in our group or will they be shunned and ultimately rarely (if ever) used? Will this issue be adressed or do you think that if worked well enough in EQ? 

In addition to this question: How will this affect the viability of the Druid's Preserver's Wildfire ability which also acts as one of their primary sources of AOE healing.

• 65 posts
    January 18, 2020 10:45 PM PST

Is there a link to the transcript of the Q&A? 

• 839 posts
    January 18, 2020 11:42 PM PST

Baldur said:

Hegenox said:

In addition to this question: How will this affect the viability of the Druid's Preserver's Wildfire ability which also acts as one of their primary sources of AOE healing.

Both great questions, the wildfire question will be really interesting to find out. 

I am very much against the game tending towards the round em up and AoE em down tactic, if that is easy enough to do, the players will do away with CC in so many circumstance like EQ2 and I guess vice cersa in yoru example Hegenox. this come from the perspective of someone who plays CC mostly, where i can.  AoE DPS needs to be a dangerous fork in the road tactically to take, high risk v reward, and it must always be high risk as AoE exploits / emergent gameplay start to become known and a frequently used tactic and not just for those crazy enough to try it.

What would be nice tuning i think is if a group has no reliable source of CC, a group can attempt to AoE through stuff, but it should be a bloody tough time for the tank especially to keep it together.  I think when tuning and balancing AoE in the game, a tanks AoE threat needs to be at the fore front of the developmers minds, and i dont mean they have to make sure every tank no matter the skill set has enough AoE threat (mashing a few buttons) to just hold mobs in place, simply put AUE Threat can never be more powerful then the AoE DPS.  I'd like to see as minimal AoE Threat and AoE Mez as possibe really, this lowers the chance of mind numbing AoE gameplay, and then if the DPS want to make some AoE rain it will cause other group members to work much, much harder, of course if you can make it all work nicely there is a nice reward.