Forums » Introduce Yourself

Hello all :)

• 35 posts
    January 13, 2020 7:44 PM PST

Hey All,

Nesy here. I'm so happy to join the community, I finally pledged a few days ago :) I've been following the game's development for a few months now after seeing Brad on the Countdown to Classic Podcast and I had to pull the trigger on supporting the project. I'll patiently wait for his vision to become a real world for all of us to enjoy.

For background, unfortunately I was a little too young to play EQ when it came out but did dip my feet in MMO worlds beginning with FFXI and later in WoW. Everything about this game excites me. The focus on group content that I immedately missed in WoW compared to my FFXI experience, even in the vanilla days. Really any of the design decisions shared by Chris Perkins (who I resonnate with almost any time he presents an idea or his general feelings about MMOs over the last couple decades). The rich lore created by JN Gerhart pulled me in so hard. I get chills thinking about potentially seeing a High Mortal like Khazas in game, or someone like The Keeper. Just being a part of the world we're waiting for! Even the parts of extended community like Bazgrim, VoT, and Chris Kane and others make this whole concept amazing.

Looking forward to seeing you all in the future!

• 508 posts
    January 13, 2020 10:28 PM PST

Welcome Nesy! Any idea about your main class/race choice yet?

• 1657 posts
    January 14, 2020 3:57 AM PST

Welcome  :)

• 237 posts
    January 14, 2020 4:19 AM PST

Hey Nesy, welcome! All those things you mentioned are what gave me chills as well. Community really does matter here, its not just a catchphrase. It’s gonna be great when the day comes and this world is realized. Cheers!

• 602 posts
    January 14, 2020 5:36 AM PST

Welcome, Nesy.  Pantheon is rich in so many regards:  lore, concept, community...    It just takes time to put the "Massively" in MMORPG- both content and robust scaling.

• 371 posts
    January 14, 2020 5:40 AM PST

Welcome aboard.

• 657 posts
    January 14, 2020 5:59 AM PST
    Welcome dude
    • 35 posts
    January 14, 2020 7:33 AM PST

Hegenox said:

Most likely I'll be rolling an Archai. Among the options for that I'm really considering Monk or Warrior. I would love tanking in smaller groups as a warrior but the utility/survivability/DPS of the Monk is pretty enticing too. I'll probably end up with the Archai monk and maybe try a warrior or dire lord as an alt, Ogre is looking pretty cool for those options. 

• 1 posts
    January 14, 2020 9:41 AM PST

Welcome!

• 226 posts
    January 15, 2020 1:52 PM PST
    Welcome
    • 4397 posts
    January 15, 2020 2:47 PM PST

Welcome to the community!

• 508 posts
    January 16, 2020 5:01 AM PST

Nesy said:

Hegenox said:

Most likely I'll be rolling an Archai. Among the options for that I'm really considering Monk or Warrior. I would love tanking in smaller groups as a warrior but the utility/survivability/DPS of the Monk is pretty enticing too. I'll probably end up with the Archai monk and maybe try a warrior or dire lord as an alt, Ogre is looking pretty cool for those options. 

Cool - Archai would be my pick for a monk as well - I'll probably alt one at some point.

• 35 posts
    January 16, 2020 7:21 AM PST

Yeah, I'm undecided on what elemental attunement I'll choose, but that's such a cool option for character creation. What combo are you thinking for your main @Hegenox?

• 35 posts
    January 16, 2020 11:14 AM PST

Giving more thought to a dwarf warrior, ogre dire lord, or archai monk now. This is gonna be a really hard decision. Hopefully among alpha, beta, and launch I'll be able to decide. 

• 508 posts
    January 16, 2020 2:37 PM PST

Nesy said:

Yeah, I'm undecided on what elemental attunement I'll choose, but that's such a cool option for character creation. What combo are you thinking for your main @Hegenox?

Definitely a Gnome - but I'm still hesitant between Wizard and Enchanter. I'll make a decision after alpha and beta testing. I guess it won't matter anyway - I'm altoholic and I'll most likely play multiple chars with fairly balanced play times - which I'll play the most will be determined by the needs of my guild most likely.

• 35 posts
    January 16, 2020 2:57 PM PST

Great choices, Hegenox. I really love what they did with gnomes in Pantheon. It's a testament to the concept artists' ability to work from what JN Gerhart is giving them.

I'm really curious to see how class and role demands shake out in Pantheon. In previous MMOs I've played, during the leveling/dungeoning phase there's always an abundance of DPS followed by slightly more healers than tanks. Especially when considering dungeon/leveling content. But the second you switch to raiding, where there are typically only a few tanks it's usually the healers that are in demand. When you factor in the 4th role of CC, I'm really curious to see how it affects the supply and demand of certain roles. 

• 1471 posts
    January 18, 2020 1:12 PM PST

Welcome!

#communitymatters #makenightmatteragain #factionsmatter #riskvsreward #deathpenalty #HardRaiding #respectyourguild #HellLevels #gamesnotworlds #aradune