Forums » The Shaman

• 546 posts
    January 13, 2020 2:26 PM PST

I've noticed quite some time ago that many warrior banners have positive effects increasing melee/physical abilities of the group, unfortunately that is not a case with casters. What if shamans got equivalent of warriors banners - as totems - affecting magical espects of the environment? 

• 500 posts
    January 13, 2020 5:05 PM PST

Sounds great! Let's start a petition :)

• 160 posts
    January 14, 2020 7:15 PM PST

I am beginning to feel alone on my dislike of the totems banners. To me they feel like a short-term buff that takes up space on the ground. Feel like clutter too me. I would rather they had auras or shouts.

I have seen people have issues with them taking up a slot on the limited ability bar. I am not sure if this will bother me or not.

This post was edited by starblight at January 14, 2020 8:05 PM PST
    • 500 posts
    January 14, 2020 11:50 PM PST

starblight said:

I am beginning to feel alone on my dislike of the totems banners. To me they feel like a short-term buff that takes up space on the ground. Feel like clutter too me. I would rather they had auras or shouts.

I have seen people have issues with them taking up a slot on the limited ability bar. I am not sure if this will bother me or not.

Many have noted the 'clutter' and suggested making them smaller. I think that would be good.

I also think the screen space available for auras may already be fairly crowded with numerous abilities of other classes. They could be shouts, though there are already Warrior shouts so the Devs might want a clear distinction.

In looking at the effects of Banners, I think that often a Warrior might choose one for the duration of a session or dungeon run and do fine. I doubt he would need all of them available to interchange during a single battle.

As with everything, nothing is certain at this point.

• 1885 posts
    January 15, 2020 9:58 AM PST

starblight said:

You are not alone in your dislike of totems/banners.  I cannot stand them either.  At least I can sleep easily at night safe in my belief that Pantheon will not have them.  In 6 years of development we've seen nothing at all, neither a hint in any stream nor any post from a dev about the use of totems.

• 1559 posts
    January 15, 2020 12:39 PM PST

Honestly i don't see them giving totems to shamans so i don't think many people will have to worry about it, the main reason i think this is becuase Warriors already have banners and i don't see 2 totally different classes having somewhat the same function as a main part of their kit, this is just my opinion, but it would seem very cluttered to have a bunch of different totems/banners/flags/ and everything else that could be a placement buff, so i say no to totems.

• 35 posts
    January 15, 2020 8:22 PM PST

Looking back to the March 2019 Newsletter, Chris Perkins answered this directly.

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2019_march_reader_questions/

@aa99barnsey asks: Are totems still planned as part of the shaman class?

CP: No.

• 546 posts
    January 16, 2020 4:56 AM PST

Nesy said:

Looking back to the March 2019 Newsletter, Chris Perkins answered this directly.

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2019_march_reader_questions/

@aa99barnsey asks: Are totems still planned as part of the shaman class?

CP: No.

The fact that there are not plans, doesn't mean it won't happen -  if there is good reason for something VR may consider it.