Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

This topic has been closed.
    • 2 posts
    January 12, 2020 10:20 AM PST

Hello, after almost 2 years I'm checking in about beta. I saw someone say in a video on youtube the game might be released soon and that of course would be upseeting when paying for beta/testing. Just looking for an answer, I have no interest in debating about paying for beta or so on. Money was taken based on a pormis that I'd like to see kept of course, that is all. I very much enjoy beta testing games, I have done it 15-20 times over the years, it's an exsperience that I enjoy. I actually have very limited time in my life and feel this beta would fit well, no pressure and I like working on somethin rather than just playing it repetitively.  

Not here to troll or be rude. I did a quick look around and didnt see an answer. I generally think after paying several times over the future cost of the game we should have a vastly more clear idea as to when beta will happen and how long. It would of course be upsetting to rush or skip over beta for many reasons, one being people paid to do beta so that beta can be longer and thus a more complete of a game. An investment in our future time sink toy if you will.

Thanks!

Avery Faiwik

• 560 posts
    January 12, 2020 10:30 AM PST

Good news Beta was not skipped. They are getting close to doing another Pre-Alpha. Hard to say what will happen next but I hope Alpha will start in early 2020 but that is just a hope.

• 200 posts
    January 12, 2020 10:46 AM PST

starblight said:

Good news Beta was not skipped. They are getting close to doing another Pre-Alpha. Hard to say what will happen next but I hope Alpha will start in early 2020 but that is just a hope.

are they?

• 560 posts
    January 12, 2020 11:26 AM PST

Are they what? Getting close to another Pre-Alpha? I think so but I am just a fan so who really knows. I guess we could also have a lot of fun digging in to just how much time is being defined with the word close…

• 557 posts
    January 12, 2020 12:15 PM PST

I seem to recall from the Dec 23rd dev stream that Joppa mentioned they weren't quite ready to announce the next pre-alpha but they were getting close.  He seemed very positive about the progress of Project Faerthale.

• 2886 posts
    January 12, 2020 12:30 PM PST

Based on the verbage the devs have been using over the past few months, I think it's reasonable to expect that we're on the home stretch to PA5. But that's all we can confidently say. What YouTube video was saying that the game might be released soon? lol

This post was edited by Bazgrim at January 12, 2020 12:30 PM PST
    • 1404 posts
    January 12, 2020 1:54 PM PST

Unfortunately Producers Letters are very hard to find on this site, for me at least. They won't give us dates but they did in the December's Producers Letter give us a list of what has been done, and what still needs done before PA5 and yes, They are Close.

Quote:

State of the Game

Now that 2019 draws to a close, it’s time to review where we are, and what lies ahead?

First and foremost, we take aim at Pre-Alpha 5. This is the major Pre-Alpha session before we move toward Alpha proper. As mentioned in the past, our goal was to get Pantheon to a stage that presented a true sense of the Pantheon experience as a whole before inviting folks to PA5. This meant a lot of systems had to be implemented on the Test server, and a lot of tuning needed to be done. We’re almost there!

Of the systems completed for PA5 (with varying degrees of polish and tuning), we offer a Chat System; Basic Climbing; Atmospheres; Climates and Acclimation; Perception; Basic Travel tools (like binding and gating); all classes are currently playable; world and player persistence (this creates the ever-living world regardless if you are online or offline); a basic pet system; basic crafting and harvesting; unique NPC Behaviors and Dispositions; a further-refined UI; a faction system; and an updated combat and resource system.

What’s left before we open up PA5? This list is a lot shorter. The living codex that governs the spell and ability system is in progress. We are refining and tuning some of the above listed systems, something that will continue through Alpha and Beta. Apart from that, it’s mostly content work -- finishing up zone areas (Faerthale has several play spaces, the last of which is currently under construction) adding population, itemization, more quests and storylines.

This post was edited by Zorkon at January 12, 2020 1:55 PM PST
    • 200 posts
    January 12, 2020 2:17 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

Based on the verbage the devs have been using over the past few months, I think it's reasonable to expect that we're on the home stretch to PA5. But that's all we can confidently say. What YouTube video was saying that the game might be released soon? lol

Not trying to be a pessimist, but almost every news letter they put out last year used misleading verbiage. Remember "precursor" to PF and then... Nothing...

Just don't want anyone to get their hopes up is all. We as a community think we are on the verge of big news and are routinely disappointed by our own expectations.

Also, yes the word "close" is subjective but in my opinion it's misleading.

Just don't read into anything is all I'm saying.

• 520 posts
    January 13, 2020 1:54 AM PST

I don't know about PA5, but I imagine that we'll have to wait for alfa for quite a bit - doubt it'll happen in 2020.

• 9115 posts
    January 13, 2020 3:30 AM PST

We will announce testing stages to those who qualify for them as they draw closer, for now, we work hard on getting the next Pre-Alpha ready and appreciate everyone's support and patience.

Closing this down as testing questions are not for general discussion, only official discussions will be released as they are ready.