Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

New Year.. New Me?

• 13 posts
    January 8, 2020 12:08 PM PST

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all doing well in general and had amazing food comas over the holidays. I am looking forward to hearing some kind of news on the restructure or new hires over at the Pantheon Development Team camp. I understand over the holidays is a rough time etc in general. Brad's death compounded this time of year struggles making it a more difficult time of year with his loss.

At what point do you think we will hear any kind of news on Game Development Progress in light of recent changes ? ... and in light of his death are you guys feeling pressure from your sponsers to head a new direction in overall game feel and experince ?  to be based on a more casual busniess model for the player base? I am most interested to hear the direction of the game production since Brad sadly is no longer in the picture...  I am confident this question is on everyone's minds and we all support Pantheon till the wheels fall off. I wish nothing but the best for the game moving forward and look forward to hearing any kind of news on Production. Is Pantheon going to be sold to another devloper or studio ? Will it be the same game Brad wanted and his creative teams vision that we all signed up for ? I understand the holidays is usally not good timing but it seems like everyone is getting back to work and is doing the whole new year new me thing. Any news is great but, I am more interested in hearing about production and moving onward to meet the goals set by the Dev Team that will make a successful launch. Looking forward to some sort of feedback when time permits.

Respectfully,
    Epicedium
    Apex Order
    www.apexorder.com

• 413 posts
    January 8, 2020 12:20 PM PST

Best is to just hear it straight from the Devs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYMql-KrVOs&t=921s

• 13 posts
    January 8, 2020 12:53 PM PST

*Noted

I pass it onto Chicken Little. Thanks

• 413 posts
    January 8, 2020 1:18 PM PST

The Chicken Little?

• 2138 posts
    January 8, 2020 2:31 PM PST

Devs would be better,

But my opinion? Joppa blended into the creative lead role from music way back when, like 4 yrs ago maybe iirc- but serendipitously. And then you have Kilsin and Roenick and Brasse who are main fixtures and always seem to be on our sides, so-to-speak. And then you have Convo and Artois that are secretly behind the scenes adding to the foundation. With all this talk about Generation "W" I like seeing Zoeii pop up from time to time with her coder's voice and actually playing, I bet she's the secret, Dev's Dev and when players are struggling with certain encounters in game I can imagine her snickering gleefully in the background while concocting other schemes. Thankfully, Ben is always there and unwavering in his esprit de corps that I am sure is reflected investor-side as well as player side. As far as wheels? its interesting to see a game where the community is already established before its been released or even properly hyped.

• 238 posts
    January 8, 2020 3:03 PM PST

I would assume that we will hear something officially related to Project Faethale testing between now and March. They have been hinting at an official announcement for a while now. 

As for development devs have stated it is going to push forward. Brad's family has given over the rights to continue development and from stuff stated in the streams it still looks and sounds like they are intent on continuing this process. I think that in terms of development it will stay true to the old school roots. From an outsider's viewpoint, Chris Perkins has always seemed to in a co-leadership position with Brad. I doubt the direction of game development will change drastically under his leadership. 

• 1399 posts
    January 8, 2020 5:47 PM PST

There is some really good offical info here about where they are with Project Fairthale. Unfortunately they seem to hide this stuff a lot of times and it's hard to find. See the section titled State Of The Game on this page.

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2019_december_producers_letter/