Forums » The Ranger

Ranger Utility?

• 17 posts
    January 4, 2020 11:11 PM PST

Rangers are listed as a utility class. What group utility are rangers going to have other than track?

• 508 posts
    January 5, 2020 1:35 AM PST

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/classes/ranger/

Scout, Light, Short distance "teleport", survey ...

• 370 posts
    January 5, 2020 1:38 PM PST

Ferret Scout -indoors
    Hawk Scout -outdoors
    Hidden Snare -a root that does DoT!
    Flare -light source at a distance
    Weapon Coating: Brightfire Sap -my weapon is a light source
    Ladwen's Whisper -shrink a mobs aggro radius
    Kaylen's Command -hate/aggro reduction or elimination
    Warning Shot -early warning of mobs approaching

Plus whtatever they haven't told us about yet :

• 508 posts
    January 5, 2020 3:41 PM PST

Jothany said:

Ladwen's Whisper -shrink a mobs aggro radius

only animals though

• 370 posts
    January 5, 2020 4:06 PM PST

Hegenox said:

only animals though

Correct you are. And an important distinction I overlooked.

Thanks.

• 44 posts
    January 10, 2020 11:51 PM PST

Imo, mostly things that don't really matter. I really hope there are a good things that have not told us yet, or better yet, that they reworked the class along with momentum (which was also in need of being fixed, so good on them to do something, hopefully it is something good).

• 125 posts
    January 11, 2020 8:02 AM PST

People said the same things about rangers in EQ but I always made myself valuable in a group.  It's possible that it will depend on how YOU play your character or how YOU interact with people that give your ranger value.  If that is the case, I'm all for it....

The problem I think most people have is that they want to be THE BEST at one thing.  Well, Ranger has never been built that way in any game I play.  The trick is to make them good enough at several things.  They always do good enough dmg, but not the best.  
    They can heal, but definitely not the best
    They can crowd control...and in some ways their CC is best, in others it's not.
    They could tank in a pinch, long enough to save a caster if the actual tank died.

Anyway, those are my thoughts :)

• 767 posts
    January 20, 2020 4:24 PM PST

It's my theory that all of the melee DPS will be primary "pullers" using their "utility".  Monks will have their FD, rogues will have their alchemical CC and I think rangers will be able to scout and lull/pull enemies with Ladwen's Whisper.