Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Rallos Zek PvP?

• 31 posts
    January 1, 2020 8:26 PM PST

Has the subject of PvP server rule sets came up yet? I am really hoping for a pvp server like Rallos Zek where actions & guild tags determine enemies =) Rallos Zek was the best! 

This post was edited by Mateowanna at January 1, 2020 8:27 PM PST
    • 520 posts
    January 1, 2020 8:44 PM PST

The topic was discussed in the forums - I recommend using search function - but we don't have any details, VR (to my knowledge) haven't even started working on PvP aspect yet. All we know is that the game is mainly PvE focused, there will be at least one pvp server at launch and some of devs are PvP enthusiasts that will make sure PvP community will be taken care of. I wouldn't hold my breath in hopes for extended PvP expirience at launch - I think first expansion is much more likely.

• 557 posts
    January 2, 2020 11:38 AM PST

If you are interested in PVP, you might want to read this article.  https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/blogs/151/186/pantheon-pv-p-launch-vs-post-launch

It was one of Brad's last posts on the forum.

• 31 posts
    January 2, 2020 12:06 PM PST

Thanks for the link Celandor.

Hegenos I looked for a seach function in the forums, I guess I have to look harder. 

I dont care about any changes being made to the game to accomidate pvp servers or development of pvp systems. I dont care if classes are fair. They never were in EQ. I played a warrior & ranger & paladin during vanilla EverQuest. I very rarely won my pvp fights with other players on my own. I made sure to get in a good guild with good players to come help me get revenge. I just want the fear when I see another group in a dungeon. Checking their guild tags, "Hail friends!" & watching their behavior while we hunt in proximity. Love love love love unfaction based open pvp. I cannot articulate the eliment of suspence it added to EQ & Vamguard.

I had the same experience in Vanguard. I was a blood mage on a pvp server. I couldn't 1 on 1 kill most classes. like 3 classes were hilariously overpowered to where taking them down was like an end game raid.

This is a PvE game. I'm not advoting to change that at all. I do thnk everyone who doesn't play on a pvp server is missing out though.

• 557 posts
    January 2, 2020 4:54 PM PST

The only place I've found a search tool is in the top level forum list. When VR launches the new forums, I'm sure things will get much easier to use.  ETA on that still unknown.  Their focus is elsewhere atm.

Regarding PVP, one that that was made clear early on is that they won't break PVE class balance to accommodate PVP.  PVP will be a separate server with adjustments made to the classes as needed independent of what's happening in PVE on other shards.

This post was edited by Celandor at January 2, 2020 4:57 PM PST
    • 1247 posts
    January 6, 2020 10:29 AM PST

Op that's awesome! Pvp and pve will be so good in Pantheon I think. I do want to make note that the dev Joppa played on Sullon Zek back in the day. He mentioned pvp in at least one of the streams. I'm looking forward to it. 

• 1247 posts
    January 6, 2020 11:44 AM PST

Celandor said:

If you are interested in PVP, you might want to read this article.  https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/blogs/151/186/pantheon-pv-p-launch-vs-post-launch

Thanks for posting link.

• 31 posts
    January 6, 2020 1:31 PM PST

I am afraid of the team based PvP. I never played on Sullon, but I played WoW & hated racial PvP.

enjoyed making friends & enemies based on my real experiences in the game.

When the Kunark expansion was released, a guild of Iksars role-playing fury over the invasion of their lands PK'd everyone. It was so immersive! So while we leveled on the Kunark continent, there was groups of role-playing Iksars trying to kill groups. It was very real. My point is even on the open PvP server the players weren't just free for all killing anyone ignoring the lore of the game.

Open PvP makes guilds & your reputation matter more than any other rule set.

Every MMO w/ PvP doesn't have to be a race war.

If the PvP is team based, most likely I will just play PvE server. I hate PvP being a "game" within the game. I just want PvP there as a tool for players in a real way solve disputes within the game, making the world feel even more real, fun, dangerous, immersive. Pick one.

You all missed out if you didn't play Rallos Zek =)

I want to be able to in fun hit my friend to let him know how powerful my new bow is, Then he does the same back to me. We play fight until we both die to a unguilded Necromancer who couldn't pass up the easy kills. Then we run around for the next 2 hours trying to track him to get revenge & maybe my friends bracer back =)

Open PvP =)

This post was edited by Mateowanna at January 6, 2020 1:33 PM PST
    • 1247 posts
    January 6, 2020 1:47 PM PST

Mateowanna said: 

You all missed out if you didn't play Rallos Zek =)

Ah yes, I heard RZ was a ton of fun back in the day! If I could go back in time, I would definitely try RZ. I am so excited for what Pantheon can provide for both pvp and pve.

There was a Tallon Zek (TZ) too but I can’t seem to remember how that one worked. Sullon Zek was aligned by deities. 

This post was edited by Syrif at January 6, 2020 8:26 PM PST
    • 2756 posts
    January 7, 2020 5:35 AM PST

Whilst there's little reason for them *not* to make a PvP server, the last we heard was from Brasse on the recent Dev stream: -

"Pantheon is very, very PvE-centric. Haven't even discussed PvP."

• 1434 posts
    January 17, 2020 11:48 PM PST

They've discussed PvP on numerous occasions on stream.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/1935/server-rulesets

FAQ:16.0 Will there be PvP?

Pantheon is primarily a PvE (player vs. environment) game. In fact, when we say ‘environment’, we don’t just mean NPCs, but also contending with climates and atmospheres, the very world itself. That said, we understand that a portion of our target audience also enjoys player vs. player. Our experience is that separate PvE and PvP shards is the answer, however it is too early to predict how many PvP shards we would launch with. That being said, we will definitely launch with at least one player vs. player shard. It is also worth mentioning that when we do eventually focus on PvP we will do so such that tweaks and changes to classes and races in order to make PvP more fun will not affect the balance of Pantheon’s PvE experience. As the game grows there could be additional variations of PvP shards and more attention paid to the unique gameplay mechanics associated with PvP.

• 4 posts
    May 6, 2022 2:42 AM PDT

Rallos Zek was my favorite part of Everquest, especially when item loot was still a thing. I was on the anti-pvp side because I liked making friends, but the fact that I could be attacked and lose gear at any moment added another level of excitement and frustration to the game. I really hope we see something similar in Pantheon. 

• 3852 posts
    May 6, 2022 2:56 AM PDT

Among the many debates over the years have been what rukeset pvp should use.Whether it should be faction based being perhaps the most common discussion. But also discussion of the other predictable issues such as whether to impose restrictions on things like attacking much lower level players.

• 83 posts
    May 6, 2022 7:56 AM PDT

Mateowanna said:

I had the same experience in Vanguard. I was a blood mage on a pvp server. I couldn't 1 on 1 kill most classes. like 3 classes were hilariously overpowered to where taking them down was like an end game raid.

What was the name of your BM ?

I played a bird shaman called Akatosh on Tharridon/Sartok servers, Xanit K'Ven guild.

Also if you want to know more about some of the guilds that are planning on playing on the pvp server when it comes out check: https://seforums.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/7318/any-old-eq-zek-players-guilds-for-pvp-server

This post was edited by Kaynrath at May 6, 2022 7:58 AM PDT
    • 83 posts
    May 6, 2022 8:02 AM PDT

Celandor said:

Hey Celandor,

The link you provided seems to not be working (at least for me).

Is this the blog post ?

https://seforums.pantheonmmo.com/content/blogs/151/186/pantheon-pv-p-launch-vs-post-launch

• 2138 posts
    May 6, 2022 9:15 AM PDT

Yes being attacked and lose gear.

Why are people RMT'ing for Pixels? no no, it is just not done.

The emperor has no clothes- All good children who become good people have read or been read that story and were taught by it. You've seen the movie "Amelie". That is the kind of wisdom her friend is talking about when she interviews that guy. You want to be like that, right? if so, you dont buy pixels, and never have entertained the thought.

For those of you that do- be happy in your self ostracism, like a mosquito sprayed with "off" you should be repelled from yourself, ha ha. Life will catch up to you shortly or Karma as John lennon put it. Maybe the universe will enact something of global proportions...oh wait.

Too late I guess. Thanks alot. 

And if you use an expression? credit the source please. karma needs to be directed ot the right place after all this time, Taking, decades- people have been born, omgosh.