Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

• 2 posts
    December 27, 2019 6:21 PM PST

Any idea when BETA will begin?

• 2041 posts
    December 27, 2019 6:36 PM PST

VR has a policy of not releasing target dates for major events like Alpha, Beta or Release.

If you want a personal opinion only, definitely not in 2020 and no more than a 'maybe' in 2021.

This post was edited by Jothany at December 27, 2019 6:38 PM PST
    • 71 posts
    December 27, 2019 7:41 PM PST

if i had to guess, i'd say 2022 is a safe bet. 

• 627 posts
    December 27, 2019 8:29 PM PST
    2023 latest is my guess
    • 557 posts
    December 27, 2019 9:08 PM PST

Are we starting a pool?   

My guess is two more pre-alpha rounds in 2020, followed by a long alpha starting in October.  Beta early in the New Year of 2022.

Let me consult my dog for a more accurate prediction.  She knows as much as the rest of us.

• 1019 posts
    December 28, 2019 1:34 AM PST

First post?  Nice.  Coming out strong.  Slightly uneducated, but brazen to say the least.

*edit*  Welcome to the forums.

This post was edited by Kittik at December 28, 2019 1:34 AM PST
    • 379 posts
    December 28, 2019 4:01 AM PST

Abracadabra said:

This is my kind of guy right here.

• 261 posts
    December 28, 2019 5:39 AM PST

Abracadabra said:

Some time after Alpha.

• 1281 posts
    December 28, 2019 6:59 AM PST

Five weeks after the last person asks.

• 520 posts
    December 28, 2019 4:03 PM PST

Kalok said:

Five weeks after the last person asks.

Let's hope not! We'd wait forever...

• 1860 posts
    December 28, 2019 4:42 PM PST

Jothany said:

VR has a policy of not releasing target dates for major events like Alpha, Beta or Release.

That is only recently.  They gave us date estimates multiple times in the past.  Those dates were not met so that is the reason for the recent trend of not wanting to commit to a timeline.

• 238 posts
    December 28, 2019 4:51 PM PST

Realistically no one knows the answer to this outside the VR team. VR has stated that there are still one to two more rounds of pre-alpha testing planned, with the hopes that the next round will be the last before alpha testing provided everything goes as planned.

If I had to make a guess I would say the game will probably be in an alpha testing phase for at least 6 months to a year (maybe slightly longer) before it goes into beta testing. Right now VR's goals seem to be getting all the systems in place before alpha. My guess is that Alpha will be used to finetune numbers, identify bugs, stress test the servers, and identify potentially negative aspects of the systems in place, as well as anything that could be exploited.

If I had to make an educated guess regarding the time frame based on the hypothetical that there is only one more pre-alpha phase and that phase starts in Febuary/ March of 2020. I would say that alpha may start somewhere between June to December of next year, and then BETA will launch fall/winter of 2021.

The best way to stay informed is to keep an eye on the streams/ newsletters that they do. Usually, these are where the major announcements will appear at first.

This post was edited by Baldur at December 28, 2019 4:54 PM PST
    • 520 posts
    December 28, 2019 5:02 PM PST

philo said:

Jothany said:

That is only recently.  They gave us date estimates multiple times in the past.  Those dates were not met so that is the reason for the recent trend of not wanting to commit to a timeline.

Honestly I'd much prefer to have estimated dates for certain milestones. Anyone with at least half a brain and minimal knowledge of gaming and game develompent will know that those dates most likely won't be met (not by a long shot) - especially that VR is rather small developer (in terms of quantity, but EPIC otherwise!) and without publisher that would stay behind them with a whip and demand meeting the timelines at the cost of quality. Having these dates would give us something to look out for and would shut mouths of those constantly asking for release date. VR could even write down below them some funny comment like "How much will you bet, that these dates won't be met?" with the link to pledge site ;-)

• 238 posts
    December 28, 2019 6:13 PM PST

Hegenox said:

philo said:

Jothany said:

Honestly I'd much prefer to have estimated dates for certain milestones. Anyone with at least half a brain and minimal knowledge of gaming and game develompent will know that those dates most likely won't be met (not by a long shot) - especially that VR is rather small developer (in terms of quantity, but EPIC otherwise!) and without publisher that would stay behind them with a whip and demand meeting the timelines at the cost of quality. Having these dates would give us something to look out for and would shut mouths of those constantly asking for release date. VR could even write down below them some funny comment like "How much will you bet, that these dates won't be met?" with the link to pledge site ;-)

I mean I understand VR not wanting to release timelines. People tend to be idiots who lack the ability to critically think and are easily infected by negativity. All it would take is a couple of pushed back timelines for the troll community to really take off, start spouting their usual nonsense, and the usual upbeat people to slowly start jumping on the bandwagon as well. I'm sure that when the game starts pushing into alpha timelines and milestones are going to be lot more transparent and clearly stated. 

• 72 posts
    December 28, 2019 6:15 PM PST

Chill, been waiting 4 years myself. I am willing to wait longer.

• 520 posts
    December 28, 2019 8:01 PM PST

Baldur said:

Hegenox said:

philo said:

Jothany said:

I mean I understand VR not wanting to release timelines. People tend to be idiots who lack the ability to critically think and are easily infected by negativity. All it would take is a couple of pushed back timelines for the troll community to really take off, start spouting their usual nonsense, and the usual upbeat people to slowly start jumping on the bandwagon as well. I'm sure that when the game starts pushing into alpha timelines and milestones are going to be lot more transparent and clearly stated. 

Thing is - "haters gonna hate" regardless of what will be done, besides Pantheons target is a niche and at least I like to think that it's a niche of people smart enough to look beyond what a bunch of trolls is saying and able to judge for themselves.

• 2041 posts
    December 28, 2019 9:24 PM PST

philo said:

Jothany said:

So would you know the most recent deadline for Alphla, Beta or Release that was given by the Devs?

• 1714 posts
    December 28, 2019 10:19 PM PST

Jothany said:

philo said:

Jothany said:

So would you know the most recent deadline for Alphla, Beta or Release that was given by the Devs?

• 1404 posts
    December 28, 2019 10:25 PM PST

This was just released earlier this month and the section on "State of the Game" gives us the best possible picture,to date. 

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2019_december_producers_letter/

The main part to note is

"What’s left before we open up PA5? This list is a lot shorter. The living codex that governs the spell and ability system is in progress."

Once living codex is in a working state they will open PA5. The only one that can predict how long PA5 will take is the person that can predict how many bugs they will find in each of the (I count somewhere over 15 new system being implemented) and then also predict how long it will take to correct each of those (yet unknown in number or severity) bugs. 

THAT'S  how long PA5 will take ....

and then they will decide and let us know if they need a PA6.

• 1860 posts
    December 29, 2019 9:35 AM PST

Jothany said:

Pm'd

• 801 posts
    December 29, 2019 8:28 PM PST

Tomorrow it starts