Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What Type of Dispositions would you like to see?

• 1584 posts
    December 25, 2019 4:29 AM PST

I know on my last topic i mentioned if we could have multiple dispositions but I'm wanting to know what kind of dispositions people would want to see I'll start with the ones we already know of Bloodthirsty and that they change it a little bit and instead of the bleed only effect the one with the disposition it also buffs every enemy hitting that target as well that why CCing him becomes a priority everytime you see him and not just thinking you can tank him with other adds in the mix.

But now for my own Disposition i would like to see is called:

Vigilant: NPC with this Disposition is either Immune to Mez/Lost of Control Effect or Highly reduce the amount of time the NPC can be effect by such effects, either works.

basically i want a Disposition to chnage the way you appraoch certain Dispositions so instead of always finding a Disposition and you simply just CC him and leave him for last i want there to be a disposition that makes you switch your pirotities to CC the adds and kill the hard target first. 

This post was edited by Cealtric at December 25, 2019 4:31 AM PST
    • 1479 posts
    December 25, 2019 4:30 AM PST

I think it might overlap a bit with this topic, right ?

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/10307/make-your-own-disposition

• 1584 posts
    December 25, 2019 4:36 AM PST

opps, well maybe we can get in some more ideas before it gets locked lol.

• 238 posts
    December 25, 2019 4:04 PM PST

Idk about one that I would like to see specifically, but...

I think that if there is a lot of RNG-based around dispositions this can get complicated especially when talking about respawns. It could lead to really bad gameplay and progression if a group of 5 mobs spawned and each had a different disposition that had to be dealt with especially if this was right after a group wipe.  

The other thing I would say is about the alarmist disposition. Based on what has been stated about this disposition, mobs that have it are supposed to run off at the start of combat to get help. Based on what has been seen in the recent streams mobs naturally turn into runners when they fall low on health. Based on these facts the alarmist disposition needs to be easier to kill then the surrounding mobs, or it needs to be neutral/ have a lower aggro range to the player until it or its group is engaged. Otherwise, its running pattern combined with fleeing mobs could potentially lead to instances of extremely negative gameplay in areas with tightly packed mobs. 

I mean it's way too early to speculate anything without knowing a lot about the disposition system, the rng associated with this system, and mobs that may or may not be open to certain specific dispositions. So these concerns may just be hypothetical at this point.

This post was edited by Baldur at December 25, 2019 4:11 PM PST
    • 1584 posts
    December 25, 2019 4:37 PM PST

Baldur said:

I think that if there is a lot of RNG-based around dispositions this can get complicated especially when talking about respawns. It could lead to really bad gameplay and progression if a group of 5 mobs spawned and each had a different disposition that had to be dealt with especially if this was right after a group wipe.  

The other thing I would say is about the alarmist disposition. Based on what has been stated about this disposition, mobs that have it are supposed to run off at the start of combat to get help. Based on what has been seen in the recent streams mobs naturally turn into runners when they fall low on health. Based on these facts the alarmist disposition needs to be easier to kill then the surrounding mobs, or it needs to be neutral/ have a lower aggro range to the player until it or its group is engaged. Otherwise, its running pattern combined with fleeing mobs could potentially lead to instances of extremely negative gameplay in areas with tightly packed mobs. 

I mean it's way too early to speculate anything without knowing a lot about the disposition system, the rng associated with this system, and mobs that may or may not be open to certain specific dispositions. So these concerns may just be hypothetical at this point.

They said a long time ago any kind of CC stops the alarmist form running away and pulling others, so you could easily just mez one target and have another casts a root or sometihng and bam alarmist disposition just became countered.

You just have to plan around the dispositions, now me honestly i don't see a huge difference in many dispositions in one group, becuase the method doesn't chnage too much really, you CC and deal with what you know you can deal with and keep it steady til the combat phase is done, your group should always thinks its ready even at your worst for a certain pull, for as long as you were technically ready for it.

• 624 posts
    December 25, 2019 4:53 PM PST

Partially just kidding, but alarmist mobs should all be bards with fancy drums and a 'Selos' like song. After all, we are lovers, not fighters. Best to break immediately to go sprint off and rally the troops for a massive counter-assault. Of course, well programmed bard mobs would totally ruin our fun (Baldur point above I take it).

Only partially kidding as all we bards are still irritated that our NPCs in EQ were considered the weakest / easiest to slay (terrible melee, no spells and never used their musical arsenal at all). Guides specifically written to encourage fast, easy, safe ways of levelling by slaughtering minstrels (The Six Minute Bard Diet comes to mind) still make me see red. Here's hoping bard mobs in Pantheon challenge us.

By the way, one of humankind's innate passives is advantage against alarmists. Probably just a tiny extra to hit % or damage, but wouldn't it be amazing if it were increased perception to identify alarmists prior to battle, or perhaps a special 'lull' type skill to make them just nervous, not alarmed (maybe delaying when the mob bolts?). Wishful thinking I know, too overpowered (plus it would require at least one human in most groups, reducing player choice). Will be interesting to see what Joppa and the team cook up.

This post was edited by Kumu at December 25, 2019 4:55 PM PST
    • 1584 posts
    December 25, 2019 5:06 PM PST

Kumu said:

Partially just kidding, but alarmist mobs should all be bards with fancy drums and a 'Selos' like song. After all, we are lovers, not fighters. Best to break immediately to go sprint off and rally the troops for a massive counter-assault. Of course, well programmed bard mobs would totally ruin our fun (Baldur point above I take it).

Only partially kidding as all we bards are still irritated that our NPCs in EQ were considered the weakest / easiest to slay (terrible melee, no spells and never used their musical arsenal at all). Guides specifically written to encourage fast, easy, safe ways of levelling by slaughtering minstrels (The Six Minute Bard Diet comes to mind) still make me see red. Here's hoping bard mobs in Pantheon challenge us.

By the way, one of humankind's innate passives is advantage against alarmists. Probably just a tiny extra to hit % or damage, but wouldn't it be amazing if it were increased perception to identify alarmists prior to battle, or perhaps a special 'lull' type skill to make them just nervous, not alarmed (maybe delaying when the mob bolts?). Wishful thinking I know, too overpowered (plus it would require at least one human in most groups, reducing player choice). Will be interesting to see what Joppa and the team cook up.

Well they made it to where enchanters are completely different by having to nuke to give mana regen to tohers so i could see VR making Bards a bit different than we are used to simply so they cant  seem like the same class form another game, which quite frankly i would appreicate more.

• 238 posts
    December 27, 2019 1:40 AM PST

Riahuf22 said:

Baldur said:

They said a long time ago any kind of CC stops the alarmist form running away and pulling others, so you could easily just mez one target and have another casts a root or sometihng and bam alarmist disposition just became countered.

You just have to plan around the dispositions, now me honestly i don't see a huge difference in many dispositions in one group, becuase the method doesn't chnage too much really, you CC and deal with what you know you can deal with and keep it steady til the combat phase is done, your group should always thinks its ready even at your worst for a certain pull, for as long as you were technically ready for it.

The alarmist disposition may be easy to counter on its own but when combined with different dispositions it could potentially be a nightmare.

You don't see a huge difference in many dispositions in one group? Let me ask you this then I'm playing a cleric in a group of 5 and we are fighting a group of 4 mobs. There are 2 bloodthirsty in the group, one alarmist, and one unknown disposition that likes to ignore tank aggro and nuke either random people, the person with the highest threat... maybe a specific class. Sure the method of approaching battle may not change, but combat resources allotted to that encounter are going to be a lot higher than normal. I could potentially be at full mana before the pull, the question is not if I was ready to deal with the pull. The real question is how much mana am I going during this process even if I am only casting heals and only casting mana efficient heals at that? 

What if the bloodthirsty disposition isn't just something associated with melee mobs. What if a healing mob can become bloodthirsty. Not only does that potentially change kill priority, but any successful heal it manages to get off on its self alone increases the amount of combat resources that have to be spent during the fight. 

There are a lot of what if's and potential unknown variables that could affect combat. Many of which won't be known until the game heads into its alpha and beta testing phase. I don't think there's any point in worrying just yet the devs seem to be exceptionally skilled in design and design philosophy. That being said any system can potentially have things that weren't fully considered during implementation which lead to unwanted consequences.

This post was edited by Baldur at December 27, 2019 1:47 AM PST
    • 1860 posts
    December 27, 2019 6:25 AM PST

Maybe the OP is aware of what the current dispositions are but wants more and is presenting his own?  Or maybe he is unaware? 

The newsletter a few months back covered dispositions.

The disposition list is below.  It sounds like VR is taking the stance of not wanting to spoil exactly how they all work.

Dispositions you could encounter as you explore Terminus:

• Cunning

• Deranged

• Predatory

• Pyrophobic

• Alarmist

• Sniper

• Bloodthirsty

• Acrobatic

• Truesight

• Avenging

• Playful

• Mastermind

Over time, as a player learns these Dispositions and is able to associate them with different NPC types, they will become more "skilled" within our strategic depth framework of challenge.

This post was edited by philo at December 27, 2019 6:31 AM PST
    • 1584 posts
    December 27, 2019 11:59 AM PST

philo said:

Maybe the OP is aware of what the current dispositions are but wants more and is presenting his own?  Or maybe he is unaware? 

The newsletter a few months back covered dispositions.

The disposition list is below.  It sounds like VR is taking the stance of not wanting to spoil exactly how they all work.

Dispositions you could encounter as you explore Terminus:

• Cunning

• Deranged

• Predatory

• Pyrophobic

• Alarmist

• Sniper

• Bloodthirsty

• Acrobatic

• Truesight

• Avenging

• Playful

• Mastermind

Over time, as a player learns these Dispositions and is able to associate them with different NPC types, they will become more "skilled" within our strategic depth framework of challenge.

yes i knew of these, still doesn't mean we can't talk about what we might as a disposition in the game, or give some ideas so some dispositions they havent thought of, either way it doesn't hurt to talk about it.  or to theorycraft some new ideas.

• 520 posts
    December 28, 2019 5:22 PM PST

- Alchemist - using auto-potion when low on health and to cure ailments

- Thief - ability to steal portion of gold that you have with you, concealing himself and running away with it

- Summoner/Beastmaster - ads from nowhere

-Mutated - crazy fast regeneration

I don't know what Mastermind disposition do but it would nice if there was disposition with superior to other mobs AI and set of cc abilities - silence, stuns, knockdowns, sleep, charm etc. and disposition that buffs allies and debuffs enemies