Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

23rd December Stream

• 520 posts
    December 23, 2019 6:03 PM PST

Just a reminder - stream in now LIVE

https://www.twitch.tv/visionaryrealms

• 216 posts
    December 31, 2019 10:18 PM PST

I noticed the dwarf mobs where dealing a ton of "non-melee" damage, I wonder if that was being mitigated by armour or if it counted as magical damage. Less than 30%~ of the attack through the entire dungeon dealt via dwarf mobs was standard melee damage. Probley not the best showing of what resilience can do for mitigation as it only effects physical damage.

If dire-lords are worried about there not being enough magical damage this dungeon flys in the face of that if Non-melee damage is magical damage, I assume it is magical damage because all of the wizards damage is stated as "non-melee" damage.

Exsample of the Melee dwarf attacking Saicred(in red) and Tourkeee the Wizard dealing non-melee damage:-

On another note, Mobs are cheating unless you intend them to fire off all of their skills at once they are ignoring global cooldowns this led to Saicred loosing over 70% of his health in 1 second, and then getting auto attacked 2.5s after and dying.

Its hard to see due to the silly youtube pause bar being up but - Fjodrin the Sundersmith does both the "Bash" and "Waylay" skill while also attacking with melee x2 auto attack(dual weild) all in the same 1 second. I don't think it seams right that NPCs can trigger all of their abilities at once. If we start seeing more complex fights where the boss has 4 or more skills we will see all 4 skills and auto attacks triggering at the same time. Its also leading to very spikey health during the stream its always large spikes followed by lulls where damage is just auto attacks and generally non-threatning, if these skills where spread out more you could increase the DPS of the mob and not just rely on spike damage killing the player characters. Right now if you survive the first spike you are likely to survive the fight as long as your healer has enough mana for the DPS to bring it down as the skills are natually spreading themselves out due to diffrent cooldowns on the skills.

Im hoping the mob AI is just still very early doors, I'd love to see the mobs using skills based on conditions and reacting to nearby players with skills rather than just triggering them when they are off cooldown.

Edit (about armour)

The "Non-melee" Damage is not being mitigated by armour class, Here is a screen shot where the Cleric AC buff is on the target. (compare it with the image above, and you will see that the AC buff is reducing the damage by a considerable amount while not reducing any of the non-melee damage, damage)

As you can see from the image, Hit and dual wield(cant see its damage here but its 414) attack are not reduced by AC while Bash is reduced but Waylay is still ignoring AC it is likely counting as non-melee damage but not listing it. So the warrior apart from on the wolf boss (and wolves) and bash on Fjodrin was running with almost zero mitigation.

Further Edit:
    Resilience was going down even when "non-melee" attacks where hitting the warrior, even though it did not mitigate any additional damage.

https://youtu.be/tIqZEMCC5nA?t=1677

watch from the time stamp then once you get to 28:01 Saicred is hit by a frost spell, via the Forgotten Frosthand dealing 891 damage of non-melee damage. However his entire resilience bar is depleted from the attack. This should not be happening the resilience bar should only go down after taking a physical attack. This happens through the entire dungeon when he takes non-melee damage its effecting his resilience bar.

This post was edited by Kellie at January 1, 2020 1:18 AM PST
    • 1479 posts
    January 1, 2020 2:57 AM PST

I appreciate all the editing and research youdit, just a note : Armor is not doing a flat damage reduction, it is compared to attack and then RNG picks a damage value over a gaussian curve, that means the more Armor the less likely to be hit by big blows you are, but it doesn't mean having an AC buff will reduce two consecutice similar damage the same way, or any way.

I'm not theorizing on the abundance of non-melee damage, or the fact spells consumed resilience, which I think are probably PA bugs / unrefined abilities, just clarifying that some of thoese "non melee damage" might still be affected by armor, but either the formula is inaccurate or the attack of the ennemy is too high for armor to really matter in the end (which would be sad).

• 216 posts
    January 1, 2020 3:19 AM PST

Edit confused myself:

This post was edited by Kellie at January 1, 2020 10:06 AM PST