Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

You have been summoned!

• 291 posts
    December 13, 2019 6:25 AM PST

After watching the stream several times I cant help but notice the MA being summoned (though I see no summon message). My question is.... will this be the norm in pantheon? Its a very familiar mechanic, and Im a-ok with this remedy, just curious if this will be a large part of strategizing for kiting/manipulating mechanics, or if Im just imagining this.

• 291 posts
    December 13, 2019 6:27 AM PST

Also I wanted to note the mob ghosting when in flee mode. Seems like this was perpetually a problem in eq, what causes this? Terribly annoying "feature" of this style of game.

• 2756 posts
    December 13, 2019 3:31 PM PST

I feel those were both glitches rather than intended mechanics.

• 557 posts
    December 13, 2019 6:32 PM PST

Mob glitching (warping) is usually caused by sync issues between the server and game client.   I'd be interested to hear whether others (besides Cohh) saw the warping.  It's possible that with all his stream traffic that his network chunked a moment.

• 291 posts
    December 13, 2019 7:19 PM PST

Celandor said:

Mob glitching (warping) is usually caused by sync issues between the server and game client.   I'd be interested to hear whether others (besides Cohh) saw the warping.  It's possible that with all his stream traffic that his network chunked a moment.

Hmmm I should of thought of that, thanks. But as for the summoning, wouldnt it also stand to reason that the summoning effect would need to be coded in? Would be an odd "bug" yea?

• 1281 posts
    December 13, 2019 8:40 PM PST

He was not being summoned. I believe he was using the Storm ability which grants a Battle Point and causes him to rush the enemy. The animation just looks like he ports ahead. Look at the cooldown on slot 3 and the additional battlepoint gained when it activates.

https://youtu.be/fYaoi2Y4XvQ?t=1080

This post was edited by bigdogchris at December 13, 2019 8:53 PM PST
    • 379 posts
    December 13, 2019 9:48 PM PST

Lol he was using 'Storm'.

• 291 posts
    December 14, 2019 5:35 AM PST

bigdogchris said:

He was not being summoned. I believe he was using the Storm ability which grants a Battle Point and causes him to rush the enemy. The animation just looks like he ports ahead. Look at the cooldown on slot 3 and the additional battlepoint gained when it activates.

https://youtu.be/fYaoi2Y4XvQ?t=1080

Thanks Chris. So it was coded but not a summons. Sorry I lacked the attention to detail, thanks for being cool like Celandor and helping me figure this out.

This post was edited by Alyonyah at December 14, 2019 7:19 AM PST
    • 184 posts
    December 14, 2019 10:46 PM PST

I never liked this mechanic in EQ and will not like it in Pantheon if the Dev's go that route. I am however open to allowing for certain instance of this mechanic being used, as an example if my group is fighting a Wizard, Shaman, Enchanter...etc... based NPC's who obviously uses magic when in battle, it would be acceptable to be summoned by him/her as they could logically have such a spell in their "Repertoire". However, non-spell caster NPC's such as Warriors, Rogues...etc... which obviously have no mana or spells shouldn't be able to summon players, it always felt like a cheap/lazy mechanic to have non-spell casters have the ability to summon players... 

• 1281 posts
    December 15, 2019 6:31 AM PST

Celandor said:

I saw it as well.  Looked like desynch issues to me between the client and the server, not stream related.

• 1281 posts
    December 15, 2019 6:33 AM PST

Alyonyah said:

Celandor said:

Hmmm I should of thought of that, thanks. But as for the summoning, wouldnt it also stand to reason that the summoning effect would need to be coded in? Would be an odd "bug" yea?

They already mentioned, in a previous gameplay stream with Cohh, that there is a tank battle mechanic, which is really a rush mechanic, that the temporary visual is a summon, but will be changed before release.

This post was edited by Kalok at December 15, 2019 6:33 AM PST
    • 291 posts
    December 15, 2019 7:11 AM PST

Kalok said:

Alyonyah said:

Celandor said:

They already mentioned, in a previous gameplay stream with Cohh, that there is a tank battle mechanic, which is really a rush mechanic, that the temporary visual is a summon, but will be changed before release.

I remember that statement now as well. Thanks again. For my own sake Im glad I made this thread as its cleared up a bit of misunderstanding for me. Thankful that theres so many helpful people around here.