Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Dispositions

• 1584 posts
    December 13, 2019 3:06 AM PST

I have a question:

Can a single NPC have 2 or more Dispositions and if they can than can they prioritize those dispositions depending on the race/class they are attacking.  I think it would be really cool to have some NPC's to have more than one, i can understand why you wouldn't want  to set a mechanic to prioritize them, but dealing with multiple dispositions would be very cool imo.

This post was edited by Cealtric at December 13, 2019 3:06 AM PST
    • 520 posts
    December 13, 2019 9:21 AM PST

As far as I know bosses/elites may have couple dispositions, but common mobs are limited to one - or at least so the rumors say.

• 523 posts
    December 13, 2019 11:07 AM PST

I'm still a little fuzzy on how dispositions are different than what EQ1 did with mobs being able spawn as a wide variety of classes with different AI based on that class.  I'm hoping that the way Pantheon is doing this is that just like EQ1, a mob can spawn in a single spot as a wide variety of class but now they also get a second layer with the disposition system as well.  Meaning you don't know the class that will spawn and you don't know the disposition that class will have, meaning back to back wizard spawns could be completely different dispositions.  Pretty sure this is what they are doing, but if someone could confirm that would be great.  And if this is exactly how they are doing this, it sounds great.  Multiple dispositions being on some mobs would be very interesting as well.

• 595 posts
    December 13, 2019 11:23 AM PST

Mathir said:

I'm still a little fuzzy on how dispositions are different than what EQ1 did with mobs being able spawn as a wide variety of classes with different AI based on that class.

I'm likely just ignorant, but I wasn't aware that EverQuest mobs could spawn as different classes.  Obviously, I knew that each mob was a specific class, but what you describe opens up a lot of options and would certainly keep players on their toes.  Now I'm very curious, are you able to provide an example, zone or mob that did this?  Because mobs being able to spawn with both a different class and disposition would make for a ton of different spawn options.  Interesting stuff!

• 1584 posts
    December 13, 2019 1:01 PM PST

Mathir said:

I'm still a little fuzzy on how dispositions are different than what EQ1 did with mobs being able spawn as a wide variety of classes with different AI based on that class.  I'm hoping that the way Pantheon is doing this is that just like EQ1, a mob can spawn in a single spot as a wide variety of class but now they also get a second layer with the disposition system as well.  Meaning you don't know the class that will spawn and you don't know the disposition that class will have, meaning back to back wizard spawns could be completely different dispositions.  Pretty sure this is what they are doing, but if someone could confirm that would be great.  And if this is exactly how they are doing this, it sounds great.  Multiple dispositions being on some mobs would be very interesting as well.

On the stream i noticed their were the normal mobs, lets say "Snow Wolf"(forgot it's actual name), but their were some call "Bloodthirsty Snow Wolf" which means it had the Bloodthirsty disposition to where it would cuase you to bleed with stacks and those stacks buff the mob that was hitting you, so that in itself is a pretty powerful mechanic for it be a single feature of that partocular mob not including everything else it would be able to do on top of it.

So hopefully this answered your question, as of right now is action i think that the only one we have seen so the others are yet to be known, but i would be thrilled to be a Beserker Disposition or something and it basically one that cuases a Bleed and lets say Puncture armor together and really starts to rekt the tanks if not taken care of quickly.

• 2138 posts
    December 13, 2019 1:25 PM PST

Nikademis said:

Mathir said:

I'm still a little fuzzy on how dispositions are different than what EQ1 did with mobs being able spawn as a wide variety of classes with different AI based on that class.

I'm likely just ignorant, but I wasn't aware that EverQuest mobs could spawn as different classes.  Obviously, I knew that each mob was a specific class, but what you describe opens up a lot of options and would certainly keep players on their toes.  Now I'm very curious, are you able to provide an example, zone or mob that did this?  Because mobs being able to spawn with both a different class and disposition would make for a ton of different spawn options.  Interesting stuff!

Maybe some static spawns could re-spawn as different class, but they would also have a different name So a blackrose guard could respawn as a blackrose heugenot. I recall in The Warrens in EQ, there were Kobold Runts that would run away at 20pct health- and fast! and would essentialy pull trains for you because they would run past the other NPC's and anger them at whomever hurt the runt. Coincidentally, these other NPc's happened to be within aggro range of rabid Kobolds who had speed buffs, so your ghost would be killed (figuratively) by the second wave of first NPC's just catching up to the rabids. At the end you usually had 8 or 9 kobolds around you making sure you were dead, and the runt still wimpering along deep in the caves untill he regened naturally or got healed by a  NPC shaman.