Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Animations Suggestion

• 40 posts
    December 12, 2019 2:48 PM PST

First off great stream today, thanks again for sharing with us. Everything is looking great, and I'm more excited than ever to play with you guys!

I know you guys aren't close to being completed and there are also a lot of things you'd like to see that you might not get around to before launch.

But currently the melee animations seem the most absent and I'd hate to see them remain as lack luster as they were in other games.

I can live with the characters movements as they are but I feel when you make weapon contact it should be more meaningful.

This could be achieved through more impactful sounds and adding particle effects to the weapons when making contact (ie. blood or sparks)

The casters get all the cool spell effects and sounds meanwhile the melee just feels like you're mostly missing and barely doing any damage.

Just some food for thought, I think a lot of people share my same feeling about this.

I know you guys are doing your best! Keep up the great work!

• 291 posts
    December 12, 2019 3:03 PM PST

The animations of npcs taking dmg as well as the sound of dmg was still completely absent from what I can tell. Not complaining about it just saying its kind of a pre alpha thing. I agree with you and have been in a couple of threads talking about this now. Need to be further along though before we really can critique that aspect, as its a finishing touch and not a foundation. The focus now is the mechanics and all of those were looking solid and are certainly coming together. The classes are very distinguished already, and thats really the key.

• 379 posts
    December 13, 2019 9:31 PM PST

Only the warrior ability animations were in for this stream by the way.

• 220 posts
    December 14, 2019 10:56 PM PST

im not that bother by animation or any other nit pick as those are just optimization or QoL (quality of Life) improvements. im more concern about the PVE foundation and skills mechanic related issue..

But after seeing the current live stream and perception quest video @19:27 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzph6ivZtao Nov, 7, 2019...we're going to need a Brother MFC-L8900 CDW printer to print out our lquest logs

• 1281 posts
    December 15, 2019 6:27 AM PST

AbsoluteTerror said:

im not that bother by animation or any other nit pick as those are just optimization or QoL (quality of Life) improvements. im more concern about the PVE foundation and skills mechanic related issue..

But after seeing the current live stream and perception quest video @19:27 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzph6ivZtao Nov, 7, 2019...we're going to need a Brother MFC-L8900 CDW printer to print out our lquest logs

No you're not.  There's going to be a Perception journal.  Dunno if they changed the name, but it's been referred to as the Tome of Keeping.