Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

beta invite questions

• 1 posts
    December 12, 2019 7:19 AM PST

Hi,

Not sure if this has been asked before, I have searched the forums but couldn'r find any information on this. I have pladged to the project towards the start of the year.

A guild I used to play EQ with have said they are noe playing on Pantheon, I wanted to clarify if some beta invites have started goiung out?

• 103 posts
    December 12, 2019 7:35 AM PST
    No beta invites have been sent out we are still in Pre Alpha the next PA has not been announced yet.
    • 520 posts
    December 12, 2019 7:59 AM PST

Heh I wish! We won't see ALPHA for at least few months, not to mention beta xP

• 2419 posts
    December 12, 2019 8:08 AM PST

Hegenox said:

You mispelled years there, Hegenox.

• 3852 posts
    December 12, 2019 8:23 AM PST

((You mispelled years there, Hegenox.))

I was about to say something along similar lines but less clever. Good one.

• 520 posts
    December 12, 2019 8:39 AM PST

Vandraad said:

Hegenox said:

You mispelled years there, Hegenox.

I said "at least" - who knows maybe some Korean multibillionaire will support Pantheon and the work will transition to WORK xDDD I know that it is unlikely, but man can Dream! 

This post was edited by Hegenox at December 12, 2019 8:43 AM PST
    • 3852 posts
    December 12, 2019 9:53 AM PST

((I said "at least" - who knows maybe some Korean multibillionaire will support Pantheon and the work will transition to WORK xDDD I know that it is unlikely, but man can Dream! ))

A truly horrific nightmare unless the developer kept totally hands-off and didn't change a thing. Which is rather ...unlikely.

All Gods witness that the world does not really need another Korean styled MMO in any shape, form or manner.

• 520 posts
    December 12, 2019 11:54 AM PST

I said "supporter" not "publisher" or anything else - the fact that someone give money for the CAUSE doesn't automatically mean they can influence process of development other than speeding it up.

• 947 posts
    December 12, 2019 12:06 PM PST

@O.P. - If your friends said that they are "now playing Pantheon" then they pledged $1k + and are playing in Pre-Alpha test phases. 

• 1281 posts
    December 13, 2019 8:12 AM PST

Skarrs said:

Hi,

Not sure if this has been asked before, I have searched the forums but couldn'r find any information on this. I have pladged to the project towards the start of the year.

A guild I used to play EQ with have said they are noe playing on Pantheon, I wanted to clarify if some beta invites have started goiung out?

The guild members are lying to you unless they are in pre-alpha.  And even if they are, pre-alpha isn't "general game play"  It's more of a scripted game play, and only when they have the servers open for testing.  It's not an open free-for-all like early access would be.

• 201 posts
    December 13, 2019 11:39 AM PST

dorotea said:

((I said "at least" - who knows maybe some Korean multibillionaire will support Pantheon and the work will transition to WORK xDDD I know that it is unlikely, but man can Dream! ))

A truly horrific nightmare unless the developer kept totally hands-off and didn't change a thing. Which is rather ...unlikely.

All Gods witness that the world does not really need another Korean styled MMO in any shape, form or manner.

QFT

• 2138 posts
    December 13, 2019 1:39 PM PST

dorotea said:

But seriously, The wealthy are giving money away to the wrong people,. the criminals and disenfranchised have far better opportiunities than normal law abiding- albeit boring people.

the wealthy need to change that, and quickly, to the tune of making the "boring, law abiding, normal" rich beyond the dreams of avarice to make up for all the injustice in giving the wealth of the world to criminals, therefore reinforcing that behavior that carries to the second and third generation.

they should be happy with hotel jobs and rental car clerks, and perhaps low level admin but not something too public and learn the strugle of paycheck to paycheck and can't afford a nice place to live but have to live in a rat hole because thats what "normal" people do and have been doing for generations of course they want to get out, but once you decide to crime? doint complain once you're out. good things come to the good.

The wealthy need to throw money at thnigs like this, or like Dupont and Foxcatcher, pursue their interests (without the crazy bits)