Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Community Debate - If you had to choose one to be in the game

• 209 posts
    December 10, 2019 5:24 PM PST

Ground mounts, to the end of days. Flying mounts are pure evil. Though fun at first, they take away all the danger (and fun) of exploration and trivialize all kinds of content. Again and again I say unto ye: Ground mounts over flying mounts!

• 63 posts
    December 10, 2019 6:41 PM PST

Ground mounts or no mounts. I want to travel and be immersed in the world and not flying above it.

• 220 posts
    December 10, 2019 7:39 PM PST

GROUND.

Flying above the enemy allow you to skip danger and fast travel across the zone un-impede.

*IF you made flying mount low float above the ground and get aggro like other mounts then thats kool.

• 752 posts
    December 11, 2019 5:21 AM PST
    If flying mounts are just basic gliders/levi effect with decreased momentum then i am ok with that type of flying mount. If you are talking about flight paths and perpetual lift -no thanks. If i had to pick.... ground mounts.
    • 87 posts
    December 11, 2019 6:21 AM PST

hm if i had to choose betwin the 2 evil i guess ground mounts. but hopefully no mounts i am fine with a caravan system.

• 3852 posts
    December 11, 2019 6:45 AM PST

((This is an interesting perspective for me to consider. I used to hate anything on rails and I did everything in my power to push for free flying mounts in vg. After free flying mounts became a thing in many games I terribly regreted my prior position. Perhaps you need a flying mount on your ring or in your inventory to access the railed flying mount travel? That could be a fair compromise.))

Much as I loved Vanguard there were a few things that it added after release (perhaps in desperation) that were not necessarily beneficial. Flying mounts were among them. They did let us get easily to many things that had been developed with the intent that they not be easy to get to. 

Flying mounts might work well in a game developed from day one with them in mind. Perhaps with mostly dungeon content so that flying over landscape does not bypass a lot. But personally I much prefer an active and vibrant landscape. Despite a strong D&D background that is one reason DDO never appealed to me.

• 18 posts
    December 11, 2019 8:08 AM PST
    Flying mounts were not implemented well in WoW. I would prefer only ground mounts, but there might be a way to include flying that doesn't trivialize content.
    • 500 posts
    December 12, 2019 8:28 AM PST

I would prefer no mounts at all, but if they must exist...then ground only please.