Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Would You Rather - Suffer from encumbrance or...

• 1479 posts
    December 5, 2019 10:53 PM PST

Short trip : I keep everything.

Long trip : I trash items based on a quick encumberance / value ratio.

• 724 posts
    December 5, 2019 11:15 PM PST

Easy: Die intentionally, run back, then drag your heavy corpse at full speed!

(JK. Death penalty should probably weigh more than a few extra coins hehe)

• 1714 posts
    December 6, 2019 12:33 AM PST

Can this be moved to the OT forum as it has nothing to do with pantheon? Thanks. 

• 291 posts
    December 6, 2019 3:43 AM PST

kilsin >

• 291 posts
    December 6, 2019 4:59 AM PST

I was a huge wasteful player apparently. That said its circumstancial for me. Generally Im gonna dump my stuff and keep playing unless the value of the "stuff" exceeds the convenience of not travleling.

• 1019 posts
    December 6, 2019 5:11 AM PST

Keno Monster said:

Can this be moved to the OT forum as it has nothing to do with pantheon? Thanks. 

How so? They might still be trying to figure out if encumbrance is a thing in Pantheon or not.

• 888 posts
    December 6, 2019 7:59 AM PST
    Please have less frequent vendor trash loot drops, especially if inventory space is very restricted. You're not trying to sell inventory expansions in a cash shop.

Some time spent organizing inventory is reasonable but if it becomes too tedious or requires too much time, it becomes a chore and takes away from actual, fun playtime. If I want an organization sim, I would just clean my house.
    • 209 posts
    December 6, 2019 9:58 AM PST

I can't throw anything away if I can sell it. Bring on the encumbrance!

• 6 posts
    December 6, 2019 3:32 PM PST
    Drop enough to juuuust get under encumbrance.
    • 57 posts
    December 8, 2019 5:51 PM PST

If you are making enough money pay for a port back to town then one to the dungeon.  I think someone willing to put in the time should be rewarded compared to those of us that go into dungeons just hit things or blow them up.

• 1281 posts
    December 9, 2019 11:12 AM PST

I don't mind encumbrance because it's one other aspect of your character to manage. It also requires you to work with other players. Whether that’s asking for a speed or strength buff, or asking a nooby to exchange gold or item drops for plat so you can hold a camp.

If you simply remove encumbrance from the game, that's a slippery slope of just removing a bunch of other stuff for the sake of attempting to make the game more accessible, but ending up watering it down like every other MMO.

Believe it or not, managing inventory is supposed to be a huge part of role playing.

I really hope that Joppa reconsiders how he is implementing encumbrance with this game. Auto changing coin denomination and no weight coins is a big bummer.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at December 9, 2019 11:15 AM PST
    • 945 posts
    December 9, 2019 12:14 PM PST

Destroy it - I'm replaying p99 Green now and probably 95% of things that drop just get destroyed... real waste if you ask me.  Especially if it takes any amount of difficulty to get a group spot - I find myself foregoing sleep just to stay in a group that I know will be gone the next day, so destroying a brick that may sell for 10p is quickly outweighed by being able to actually play and advance (because when you are higher level, 10p is trivial).

• 114 posts
    December 10, 2019 4:47 PM PST

Being laden down with Freeport Milita helmets and sweet sweet fine steel.  I like to walk up hill both ways for profits.