Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

December 12th Stream

This topic has been closed.
    • 26 posts
    December 4, 2019 9:51 PM PST

I am extremely excited about the upcoming stream by Cohh and I am sure most of you are as well. The VR team has been working pretty hard for about a year and we haven't seen much gameplay.  I believe Joppa recently mentioned that we will see another playtest of the tower of the reckless magician.  Here is the old playtest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uia9jADhav8&t=2977s

My question to the supporters is this:   Where do you hope to see improvement in from the previous playtest examples?  Having recently played a lot of WoW classic I am very interested in seeing the progression of animations.  I think character animations help an intial impression for a game immensely and I am hoping to see some "weight" to the movement of characters.  I'd also love to see a Bard of course, but I know that won't happen.  

• 379 posts
    December 4, 2019 10:54 PM PST

Going to Amberfaet, not Tower (though I would love to see the updated Tower as well). I would like to see Dark Myr & Skar in-game.  Monk resource update, working character animations (new), the new UI elelments, a Paladin actually tanking (PoV), the list goes on and on.

• 1584 posts
    December 5, 2019 1:24 AM PST

I would like to see the Summoner played, already know the warrior will be tanking, at last i would think since they letted us know they will be showing off his new mechanics of how he will be tanking.  would love fpr druid to be healer, haven't really seen that i don't think.  possibily a ranger in there, simply just mix up the whole group and have the whole stream be a new way of playing the game, with different characters i think to me would be very exciting.

• 520 posts
    December 5, 2019 1:59 AM PST

1) I'd love to see summoner in action as well!!!

2) I'd rather see dl or paladin tanking, unless we will be able to see warrior with his new block  mechanic (resource).

3) I've seen enough cleric gameplays already - I would be much more interested in druid/shaman.

• 839 posts
    December 5, 2019 2:22 AM PST

Would be awesome to see some NPC dispositions in action.  Maybe a disposition synergy even, but i know thats probably unlikely at this point 

Honestly just cant wait too see it with how crazy awesome the look and ambiant feel will be as was shown in that little teaser trailer, we're in for a treat i'd say :)

• 3852 posts
    December 5, 2019 7:34 AM PST

I have more or less a one track mind. What I would like to see is some indication of what is remaining for pre-alpha and when this is expected to happen.

That level if information is highly unlikely but remotely possible. Timing on alpha or beyond is statistically indistinguishable from impossible.

• 1019 posts
    December 5, 2019 11:04 AM PST

I think since Joppa emphasized Warrior so much in the latest video newsletter, that we'll probably see a Warrior tank again.  Played by Cohh.

I would like to see a Paladin.

I would like to see 10 mins of level 10 grouping and then 10 mins of level 30 grouping.

• 51 posts
    December 5, 2019 11:46 AM PST

I want to see improvements in movement and character animations. Its extremely important that it is fluid. Since you will be looking at that throughout the entire game, at all times. That is one of the great things WoW succeded in.

• 291 posts
    December 5, 2019 12:06 PM PST

I just want to see them doing MORE of what they have recently begun to do. Just pack MORE content into the hour, whatever it might be. More we see the better we feel. imo.

• 2756 posts
    December 5, 2019 2:37 PM PST

I would like to see a big plate full of beans of various types ;^)

I expect to see some class mechanics and some group interdependency.

Would love to see some different race-class combos, but I agree with others, we will probably be seeing Cohh play warrior.

I hope to see some perception system in action.

UI improvements.

Just 'progress', really.

Some idea of what we will be getting in PA5!...

• 145 posts
    December 6, 2019 1:02 AM PST
    I’d like any new information at all and hopefully we will get some!
    • 43 posts
    December 6, 2019 5:33 PM PST

I would like to see a update on the revised climbing skill. Perhaps have a character climb to the top of the 5 story tall tress so we can see how awesome the hand crafted leaves are up close and personable at the top.

An update on where we are with the crafting and harvesting in game so we can compare what it looks like now compared to what it looks like in alpha.

An update on the robust character creation experience.

Perhaps a look at the caravan system.

Maybe a look at the regional auction house.

Really just a peek at anything that entails the "full Pantheon experience"

The one thing I don't want to see is Cohh ooohing and ahhhing for 10 minutes on the torchlight reflecting on his warriors' shield.

• 2419 posts
    December 6, 2019 6:11 PM PST

While I would normally ask what we will see in the stream, I think its actually more appropriate to ask what we will not see because VR always tells us the latter and not the former.

So, VR, what will we not see?  Will we not see the new spell effects?  Will we not see new animations?  Or new character models (Skar, Dark Myr)? Or confirmation that all the classes now have their combat resources actually implemented?   Or Climging?  Or use of Ropes?  What about an enviornment/atmospheric effect? etc.  Inquiring minds want to know.

This post was edited by Vandraad at December 6, 2019 6:19 PM PST
    • 1714 posts
    December 6, 2019 6:13 PM PST

Velrak said:

I would like to see a update on the revised climbing skill. Perhaps have a character climb to the top of the 5 story tall tress so we can see how awesome the hand crafted leaves are up close and personable at the top.

An update on where we are with the crafting and harvesting in game so we can compare what it looks like now compared to what it looks like in alpha.

An update on the robust character creation experience.

Perhaps a look at the caravan system.

Maybe a look at the regional auction house.

Really just a peek at anything that entails the "full Pantheon experience"

They could get rid of most of those things and it wouldn't have any impact on the game. They need to build out a world and stop messing around with trying to revintent the wheel with perception and climbing and caravans and acclimation and all those things. 

• 379 posts
    December 6, 2019 9:24 PM PST

A fun combat system (and mechanics) with interesting races/classes in a filled out world are the bread and butter for sure.

• 520 posts
    December 7, 2019 1:55 AM PST

Swimming and more importantly diving! Combined with Dark Myr!

• 430 posts
    December 7, 2019 7:43 AM PST

summoner , swimming  . 

• 379 posts
    December 8, 2019 5:31 PM PST
    It was a tweet reply I had from Joppa - about the acclimation (quote below), and how I see it working as a whole mechanic. As for the jokes, Kilsin always deletes them! ;-P

"Glyphs are permanent once acquired, but are able to be removed/equipped at will based on the climate players are acclimating to. "
    • 159 posts
    December 8, 2019 5:48 PM PST

Fragile said: It was a tweet reply I had from Joppa - about the acclimation (quote below), and how I see it working as a whole mechanic. As for the jokes, Kilsin always deletes them! ;-P "Glyphs are permanent once acquired, but are able to be removed/equipped at will based on the climate players are acclimating to. "

Not sure how that comment on glyphs supports the idea that it is no more than a basic cookie cutter "keying" mechanism or not.

For example, some of the examples I gave of how climate could affect players can still serve the keying aspect, but put more strategy behind it more than you must have X resistance to a climate in order to survive or kill a boss. The more resistance the easier it would become, but with less it's still doable, albeit with more caution and requiring more thought/strategy.

I havn't seen any comments from VR on a comprehensive list on how climates affect the players. And to me, whether it's a keying thing or not, how it's implemented could make it feel very different, which is a distinction that matters even if it's still the same means to an end.

• 379 posts
    December 8, 2019 7:58 PM PST

There will pretty much always be a minimum required in order to do the content (gating), no matter how different the effects are. So you essentially get a 'partial' key to start doing the content or a 'full' key to not have any of the negatives. The best comparison I can think of are WoW's Mythic+'s. It's super similar to that as much as people may not think so. You may need glyphs, gear, spell buffs, etc just to enter which is a 'gating' mechanic ie Keying system.

• 34 posts
    December 8, 2019 9:00 PM PST

Kass said:

Point being, this would not be some artifical gate or keying mechanism, but a climate change that makes players alter their strategy in exploration and combat.

How do we know it's only for "keying" ? ... That's why other's take exception Tyrion - we know you're trying to manipulate us, Tyrion.

Because the devs have explicitly stated in several of the videos with Cohh and other streamers that it is a new take on a keying system. Could this change in the future? Yes, yes it could. But as he stated, as far as we know it is a keying system and nothing more at this point in time.

• 3237 posts
    December 8, 2019 9:10 PM PST

Kass said:

For example, I'm sure acclimation does have some sort of keying element to it, ecspecially I would guess for raid content.

But maybe it's more? Instead of being gated by a required resistance %, maybe in a fridgid climate you:

- have a 5% chance to be stunned on hit for 3 sec

- have your movement speed reduced by 30%

- take increasing damage over time when you haven't warmed by a fire in the previous 15/30/45 min

- and/or have 1 of your abilities on your bar "mind numb'ed" at all times (making it unusable, rotating between abilities at random)

--- Perhaps your resistance to cold could reduce those effects instead of only providing spell resistance.

Point being, this would not be some artifical gate or keying mechanism, but a climate change that makes players alter their strategy in exploration and combat.

How do we know it's only for "keying" ? ... That's why other's take exception Tyrion - we know you're trying to manipulate us, Tyrion.

Check out this newsletter:  https://pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2019_august_behind_the_design/

Acclimation will function similar to what you described here in your post.  Some layers may function as a soft keying mechanism while others cause players to alter their strategy as they fight through them.  Beyond all that, it's also worth noting that there will likely be areas where multiple climates exist concurrently, and players choose to build their acclimation differently, depending on how the negative effects impact their role/class.

Also worth checking out:  https://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2019_february_behind_the_design/

Atmospheres are separate from climates but it does appear that they can exist concurrently.

This post was edited by oneADseven at December 8, 2019 9:11 PM PST
    • 159 posts
    December 8, 2019 9:58 PM PST

oneADseven said:

Check out this newsletter:  https://pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2019_august_behind_the_design/

Acclimation will function similar to what you described here in your post.  Some layers may function as a soft keying mechanism while others cause players to alter their strategy as they fight through them.  Beyond all that, it's also worth noting that there will likely be areas where multiple climates exist concurrently, and players choose to build their acclimation differently, depending on how the negative effects impact their role/class.

Also worth checking out:  https://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2019_february_behind_the_design/

Atmospheres are separate from climates but it does appear that they can exist concurrently.

Thanks again 1ad7. I missed a lot of news while I was delpoyed and admittedly never went back and read all the newletters.

• 9115 posts
    December 9, 2019 4:11 AM PST

Thread cleaned up and closed. Please re-read the forum guidelines before posting or risk having your posts removed and potential further action taken for repeat offenders.

These forums are for discussing the development of the game and engaging respectfully with fellow community members and VR staff, they are not a place for back and forth arguments, insults and underhanded comments.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/1595/pantheon-community-guidelines