Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

In one word - Your thoughts on balancing

• 2756 posts
    December 6, 2019 2:40 AM PST

It doesn't have to be one or the other.  It doesn't have to be *either* well-defined, interdependant roles *or* homogenised, flavour-only theme-classes.

I definitely see both sides in this argument, but I believe both can be happy, this time.

Some variation in performance across roles is, of course, a fine price to pay, but I have faith that Joppa can produce well-defined, interdependant group roles that aren't *wildly* varying in a solo (or raid, or whatever other) role.

I don't want another EQ where certain classes are essential for a group, but useless when waiting for a group.  Awesome in raids, but no one wants for groups.  Better at soloing than grouping or raiding.

Imbalanced classes is not why EQ was great.  I don't believe it was even a necessary side-effect.

• 291 posts
    December 6, 2019 3:46 AM PST

This post was edited by Alyonyah at December 6, 2019 3:55 AM PST
    • 521 posts
    December 6, 2019 5:23 AM PST

1. I feel the topic is irrelevant since, VR has stated that this will be a group focused game, meaning the content ( such as Mobs) will be balanced around a group encounter, and while they wont take measures to prevent someone from soloing content, they also wont focus on its inclusion.

2. These “in one word” Topics are part of Kilsin’s engagement with the community, and its a bit presumptuous, in my opinion, to think anyone can just appropriate this form of engagement.

• 1584 posts
    December 6, 2019 6:21 AM PST

I can say I think that obviously some classes can sllo better than others, just like i tihnk your tanks, healers, and roles you would think would probably be struggling to sllo can still solo, but probably less efficently as this would make sense, but not to the point they can't solo, as this would cuase a ton of people that might want to tank especially when considering the younger player base might veer away from those roles if it cuases too much inconvience for them.  

But I also think the game should also encourage group play so going back to what i was saying that even though i believe tanks and healers and such should be able to solo they should feel at home in a group and realize they only have to do their role to accomplish a mission instead of trying to improvise a stratedgy to kill a mob or simply hoping you can take more hits than he can.

This post was edited by Cealtric at December 6, 2019 6:22 AM PST
    • 1019 posts
    December 6, 2019 7:12 AM PST

HemlockReaper said:2. These “in one word” Topics are part of Kilsin’s engagement with the community, and its a bit presumptuous, in my opinion, to think anyone can just appropriate this form of engagement.

Ok Boomer.

• 1404 posts
    December 6, 2019 8:47 AM PST

Kittik said:

HemlockReaper said:2. These “in one word” Topics are part of Kilsin’s engagement with the community, and its a bit presumptuous, in my opinion, to think anyone can just appropriate this form of engagement.

Ok Boomer.

And so in dispute you offer more originality!?

I guess you just made HemlockReapers point.

• 4 posts
    December 6, 2019 5:24 PM PST

Of course, not.