Forums » The Warrior

Shield block fondamental

• 5 posts
    November 27, 2019 11:29 AM PST

In Novembre 26th video, we heard that "shield block" will be key in order to mitigate "Devastating Abilities". But also that its cooldown will be reduced (21:30)
    This is really great news ! 
    But, I'm now a bit concerned with the Battle points cost that goes with its usage.
    Currently the cost is 2 Battle points and I understand that you need to balance the cost and benefice, specifically since Shield Block will replenish our Resilience pool, but I hope you won't be tempted to increase it to 3 (or more).
    If refresh timer is reduced, we will be tempted to use it more frequently, rather than only to counter unfrequent bit hits.
    Which will bring probably quite some focus on battle points management in order to avoid being short when Devastating abilities will occur.
    But I don't want to focus to much on BP when I'm already supposed to focus on my hit points, tactics, banners and resilience.

Ok, may be I'm too much worried and I suppose we will have a better understanding after Cohh video on December 12th. :)

This post was edited by Emlar at November 27, 2019 11:29 AM PST
    • 1653 posts
    November 28, 2019 11:20 AM PST

I'm honestly not very concerned about the cost, as the ressource is strictly defensive (for now !) especially for shield block and anti control ability.

I'm more concerned about "how can other tanks rivalize with the cumulative of resilience gauge AND shield block" but that's another story :D. I think the warrior is simply the first tank  to be fully designed and tested and others will come later.

• 182 posts
    November 28, 2019 12:12 PM PST

Emlar said:

In Novembre 26th video, we heard that "shield block" will be key in order to mitigate "Devastating Abilities". But also that its cooldown will be reduced (21:30)
    This is really great news ! 
    But, I'm now a bit concerned with the Battle points cost that goes with its usage.
    Currently the cost is 2 Battle points and I understand that you need to balance the cost and benefice, specifically since Shield Block will replenish our Resilience pool, but I hope you won't be tempted to increase it to 3 (or more).
    If refresh timer is reduced, we will be tempted to use it more frequently, rather than only to counter unfrequent bit hits.
    Which will bring probably quite some focus on battle points management in order to avoid being short when Devastating abilities will occur.
    But I don't want to focus to much on BP when I'm already supposed to focus on my hit points, tactics, banners and resilience.

Ok, may be I'm too much worried and I suppose we will have a better understanding after Cohh video on December 12th. :)

What your explaining sounds fun as hell to me, and nothing to worry about.

• 694 posts
    December 3, 2019 10:12 AM PST

MauvaisOeil said:

I'm more concerned about "how can other tanks rivalize with the cumulative of resilience gauge AND shield block" but that's another story :D. I think the warrior is simply the first tank  to be fully designed and tested and others will come later.

@Mauv - "Another story" indeed.

@O.P. - The warrior shouldn't have to worry about their HP as much as their resource management in order to be able to further mitigate their damage.  A warrior will always have a healer that worries about their HP for them.  The DL and Paladin may need to be more concerned with their own HP as they have abilities to replenish their own HP - which is why the warrior will likely have more mitigating tools.