Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

New MMOs with similar aspects to keep me busy.

• 3 posts
    November 25, 2019 6:06 PM PST
    Anyone have any suggestions of relatively newer MMOs that have a similar game play and concept to keep me busy in the mean time? Appreciated!
    • 1247 posts
    November 25, 2019 6:45 PM PST

Nope. Look up Camelot Unchained. It‘s the spiritual successor to Dark Age of Camelot. Mark Jacobs is doing it again. But... it‘s also in development right now. As for other games, I doubt there is anything worth your time. That being said, I have heard good things about the Project1999 Green server. 

#communitymatters #makenightmatteragain #factionsmatter #riskvsreward #deathpenalty #HardRaiding #respectyourguild #HellLevels #worldsnotgames #aradune 

• 9115 posts
    November 25, 2019 7:42 PM PST

Moved to Off-Topic as this has nothing to do with General Pantheon discussion ;)

• 1921 posts
    November 26, 2019 7:20 AM PST

Saga of Lucimia, but you can't test it right now, although it's in Alpha, and communication is even less than with Pantheon.

Aside from that, you won't find anyone even planning a group-only non-pvp MMO, to the best of my knowledge.  Some of them claim group only, but are isometric, not 3rd person.  Some of them claim group only, but have forced victimization through unblanced/pointless pvp.  It's a bit sad, really.  You can play most of Vanguard, however, if you can find 5 other players. :)

• 3852 posts
    November 26, 2019 7:41 AM PST

((Aside from that, you won't find anyone even planning a group-only non-pvp MMO, to the best of my knowledge.  ))

Pantheon will not be group only. It is group-focused to be sure but VR has said more than once that one will be able to solo in Pantheon albeit presumably more slowly and not getting the best rewards. That is not *quite* the same thing as group-only.

*vjek - sorry for basic question but does the Vanguard emulator require that you play with 5 others or were you simply making the point, correctly, that you won't be able to do the Vanguard group content without other players? And that finding other players for the emulator is not as simple as advertising for a group in a more active MMO.

*Syrif - as a long term DAOC player I would like to add that CU may be the spiritual successor to DAOC in its realm versus realm (pvp) aspects but it most certainly is not in terms of pve. Unless I have been seriously misinformed CU will have almost no pve content whereas DAOC had quite a lot and even a cooperative server (Gaheris) with no pvp.

• 1247 posts
    November 27, 2019 12:11 AM PST

dorotea said:

*Syrif - as a long term DAOC player I would like to add that CU may be the spiritual successor to DAOC in its realm versus realm (pvp) aspects but it most certainly is not in terms of pve. Unless I have been seriously misinformed CU will have almost no pve content whereas DAOC had quite a lot and even a cooperative server (Gaheris) with no pvp.

LOL! It is going to be more than “just pvp.” As someone who likes pve and pvp equally, CU is going to be amazing. CU is going to be the S***. If you played DAOC, then you certainly know that the lead developer of DAOC is back doing CU too - don’t downplay that.. 

• 3852 posts
    November 27, 2019 4:01 AM PST

Indeed I was very excited to hear about Camelot Unchained in view of the involvement of the aforementioned lead developer. Until report after report indicated that it would be a lot closer to a pure pvp game than was DAOC. That is why I didn't look into pledging to that game as well as to Pantheon.

I note from the official core objectives page of CU:

CU is a TriRealm™, RvR-focused game. It is not an RvR-centric game like Dark Age of Camelot and it is certainly not a “just bolt on the RvR; that will work!” game like so many others. It is as pure an RvR game that I have ever worked on, plain and simple. Everything in this game is geared to the TriRealm concept, whether it is the crafting system, housing, skill progression, etc. You will explore, fight, capture, level, etc. all within a competitive RvR world that was crafted with this FP in mind.

Further details make this even clearer, such as the fact that it isn't based on killing mobs that drop loot. You progress and gain money by killing other players. If I wanted realm versus realm combat I would long since have pledged and been an enthusiastic supporter despite all the delays. We here with Pantheon are no stranger to delays either. But I must admit that I am a carebear and simply don't *want* to fight other players.

This post was edited by dorotea at November 27, 2019 4:27 AM PST
    • 1247 posts
    November 27, 2019 5:47 AM PST

Yes we all know that - now move aside - Camelot Unchained is going to rock it!

• 1921 posts
    November 28, 2019 8:18 AM PST

dorotea said: *vjek - sorry for basic question but does the Vanguard emulator require that you play with 5 others or were you simply making the point, correctly, that you won't be able to do the Vanguard group content without other players?
    Just that if you don't find or create a group, at-level group content won't be fun.

• 20 posts
    November 29, 2019 9:00 PM PST

Syrif said:

Yes we all know that - now move aside - Camelot Unchained is going to rock it!

not too me from what i just read

This post was edited by MushyMel at November 29, 2019 9:01 PM PST