Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Would You Rather - Catch a boat or a caravan to your destination

• 2138 posts
    November 27, 2019 12:59 PM PST

StoneFish said: ......A slow voyage with the ability to do some crafting would be really fun. You could plan your trip, stock up on a few resources and craft away and chat with fellow travelers. I believe this would add to the feeling of a large world that forces the adventurers to weigh the decision of relocating to another land. Some players will complain that thier valuable game time is being 'wasted'... ignore them, it's not the destination, it's the journey. Slow boat with basic or special crafting. Maybe a 1 or 2% chance of a storm with damage or ruin.

I know what you mean, rather than make the Caravan/Boat trip meaningless what can be done? maybe specific crafting like you mentioned- maybe magical scrimshaw wards are only craftable on boat trips and sacred peace-pipe banes are only craftable on caravans. My ideas were deep sea fishing or big game hunting, or gambling only being available on boats/caravans. making them a destination in themselves. A reason to spend time on the boat. those activities being primarily social activities as opposed to crafting which is solitary. In other words ytou would need others to engage in deep-sea fishing to holf the lines, man the rudder, look-out for whale-signs, dice games are very social, outside of learning language. Of course a good story telling is fun- at times.  

• 3016 posts
    November 27, 2019 1:21 PM PST

Back in the day we would spam languages at each other on the way to our destination in EQ...depending how good our connections were, however.  lol wouldn't be the first time I was knocked off in the water due to lag.  :)  In the early days I was on dial up...so that is much improved now I would imagine. :)

Cana

• 724 posts
    November 27, 2019 4:58 PM PST

CanadinaXegony said:

Back in the day we would spam languages at each other on the way to our destination in EQ...depending how good our connections were, however.  lol wouldn't be the first time I was knocked off in the water due to lag.  :)  In the early days I was on dial up...so that is much improved now I would imagine. :)

Cana

OMG, I forgot about the language learning in EQ, ya something like that on boats.  Something social sounds nice to me too.

• 1247 posts
    November 27, 2019 6:27 PM PST

StoneFish said:

CanadinaXegony said:

Cana

OMG, I forgot about the language learning in EQ, ya something like that on boats.  Something social sounds nice to me too.

Damn I miss that! Let’s bring this back.

Lol reminds me of an Ogre player who would sit in front of the entrance to sol a or b? Somewhere near lavastorm mtns I don’t remember.  He would afk and block ppl from entering or leaving. He would afk... then silence...afk... one time he said “Gimme cookie” then back to afk... Lol. I laughed, other people would get upset though and report him. Anyway, yes I miss the racials for sure. 

Add: Not gonna lie sometimes I miss the drama. Lmao there was so much drama in Classic EQ. :)

This post was edited by Syrif at November 27, 2019 6:42 PM PST
    • 2 posts
    November 28, 2019 1:02 AM PST

Boat , with adventure !

• 103 posts
    November 28, 2019 8:39 AM PST
    If I have to go with one, I'm going caravan I want to see beautiful scenery as I travel. I miss flying over antonica on the griffIn seeing the groups of people running and fighting as I flew by.
    • 81 posts
    November 29, 2019 2:58 PM PST

IMO the game should have most all forms of transportation and just have it vary by area, zone, or whatever.   Also why not have both in the same zone ?  Boat can take you via water and caravan via land each with its own scenery and type of possible interaction during the journey.

• 1618 posts
    November 29, 2019 6:15 PM PST

As long as I got to watch the actual land or sea go by, and see the people/adventure going by, I would be happy either way. But, it's important to let us jump off when we want and not force us to go the whole way. 

• 79 posts
    December 5, 2019 9:41 AM PST

I am a bit biased since I remember my first boat ride in Evequest.  I remember the anxiety of getting on the boat and not really knowing where it was going to drop me off, looking out at things we passed, con'ing mobs along the way and readin the red text "What would you like your tombstone to say?" and crapping my pants.  Sail all the way!

This post was edited by Walpurgis at December 5, 2019 9:42 AM PST
    • 520 posts
    December 5, 2019 1:32 PM PST

Actually I wouldn't mind at all if we had an option to use SLOWLY MOVING Zeppelins/Balloons and be able to admire sights from high above! Perhaps as a means of travel from the top of the mountain to islands floating in the sky.

This post was edited by Hegenox at December 5, 2019 1:36 PM PST
    • 145 posts
    December 6, 2019 2:00 AM PST
    A caravan that was attacked by bandits on the way there sounds fun
    • 22 posts
    December 8, 2019 4:22 PM PST
    I loved the boat ride, and Airship rides in FFXI. Plenty of time for us fishers, and you could fish up high level mobs where all the low levels would need to run inside while high levels took the mob(s) down
    • 291 posts
    December 8, 2019 5:48 PM PST

mushy said: I loved the boat ride, and Airship rides in FFXI. Plenty of time for us fishers, and you could fish up high level mobs where all the low levels would need to run inside while high levels took the mob(s) down

I never did play that, but that sounds hilariously fun.

• December 9, 2019 6:49 PM PST
    Caravan for sure. A sea going boat disconnects from the world. But you get to see the world you know and love pass by on a caravan.
    • 1714 posts
    December 9, 2019 8:45 PM PST

Does this question mean that there will be boats and caravans in Pantheon?

• 114 posts
    December 10, 2019 4:43 PM PST

Boat.  

Meeting new people, swapping languages, the midi tune being chipper and adventurous, and the sight seeing.  Not the dreaded slow dial up speed while zoning and "sliding" off the boat drowning in the OOTears ... hahaha ... not that memory.