Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

In memory of Brad "Aradune" McQuaid

• 3852 posts
    November 24, 2019 4:35 PM PST

So did he get banned or just suspended?

• 1584 posts
    November 24, 2019 4:36 PM PST

Most Memorable? Thats a tough one. 

I can say the most memorable thing I've ever done in Everquest was the Event that happened in East Karana, where you could kill a both of Undead, and had a bunch of special loot that was only in that event, it was a bunch of fun and it seemed like a ton of people were there to enjoy the event as well.  So to me i have to say it was definately that event, it was so awesome to see the devs were able to do something liek that, and chnage a part of the world for a certain amount of time and than bring it back when it was over.

This post was edited by Cealtric at November 24, 2019 6:27 PM PST
    • 6 posts
    November 30, 2019 2:12 PM PST

My character, Galerane, was the first gaming character I ever had.  She was a Wood-elf Druidess from Kelethin.  I still have her hand written bio in a notebook, along with my bios for Galerane from other games.  I have been waiting for Pantheon since my gaming buddy, Aiden, first told me to take a look at the site.  I was considered one of the "coolest" moms because my children could only play when I was on a game with them.  I used their gaming to work on their typing skills, they had to read me the quests and that helped with their reading, asking questions like how many or how far gave them a fun way to learn math, and they could all read maps.  Mr. McQuaid's worlds brought my family closer and allowed our military family to stay in touch with our military friends/family as the distances grew with each move.  The only way I can even begin to thank his family is to continue to honor his vision and support the game he put some faith in. 

Mr. McQuaid is one of the reasons all mmorpg formats became possible.  Wouldn't it be interesting to see if every gamer gave just $1 to the fund, how much money could be raised from all gamers around the world?

Thank you, Mr. McQuaid, for all the fun you provided myself and my family.

• 114 posts
    December 3, 2019 6:56 PM PST

Nice post + memories , Galerane.  Reminds me of a few similar guildmate family stories. Playing with their kids and keeping in touch with friends through the shared experience of an MMO.

-Valhalla

Old Timers Guild

• 145 posts
    December 4, 2019 2:39 PM PST

These stories are so great and so fun to read. Thank you all for sharing. I am cracking up at some of them. Only because I had that new feeling once and was not well informed about the game and was basically lost and having a great time doing it.

When I was level 7 on my Rogue which was the first character I started I couldn't find a group so I was wandering around Crushbone seeing what all was going on. I hadn't made it very far into Crushbone, mostly just the entrance and trainer hill at that point. Dabbled in a little slaver pit group as well. But as I was walking around trainer hill I seen this walk way so I crept up there to see and there was a group outside this castle killing all these orcs. I sat down and visited with them while waiting for a group, watching them kill at such a rapid furious pace I was in awe.

Curiosity got the best of me so I had to ask, if these big bad orcs are guarding it what is inside the castle? I got the answer "Red orcs". Immediately the hair on my arm stood up, as I watched the puller of the group going into the castle I waited for a red orc. It never came, it was the same orcs that I had seen outside. After about an hour of watching this group slaughter orc after orc I never seen a red orc. Once I was finally high enough level to get into that castle I looked everywhere for red orcs and never seen one. Little did I know they were referring to the con system. I was not aware that was what they meant at the time lol I just thought I would see a red orc come running out of that castle at some point. 

I knew there was a blue guy that was awfully stabby that came around from trains time to time but I was sure determined to find me one of those red orcs. I had even told my cousin that gamed with me not to go in there because there was red orcs in there. We had the Crushbone castle so built up in our minds we were scared to even go close to it.

• 114 posts
    December 4, 2019 6:34 PM PST

hahahah ... oh man you had me in suspense.  I was back in EQ a couple years ago for a couple months.  Crushbone was a place I wanted to see.  My hangout for me back then was Halas and Blackburrow.  Anyways ... you had me wondering how I missed seeing these "Red" orcs during my visit.  lol.  [red] Orcs.  haha