Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Please VR consider this idea for Mr Brad "Aradune" McQ

• 220 posts
    November 20, 2019 9:23 AM PST

As most of us heard the terrible news of the passing of our CCO Mr Brad "Aradune" McQuaid our condolenses for the family, friends, follower, and VR Team.

VR Team i would like to proposed an IDEA in honor of our friend Mr Aradune legacy.

Because he changed so many lives including me. I've never played EQ1 but his idea, creativeness, and no other words that i can describe his achievments :( has leaked into FF11 which i played for 13 years... 

I apolozied im not eloquents in words for such terrible sadden event....

IDEA:

1: Can you make the character "Aradune" as a starting NPC to give tutorial to new players joining Patheon in every starting race city?

2: Can you make a content quest that have "Aradune" as an NPC quest giver and the rewards would be ( ideas here )?

3: A continent name Aradune?

4: Can you make or create an "Aradune Tavern" and the npc Name is "Ye' Old Brad" as the tavern owner?

5: A statue of Mr Brad Aradune in the open world as part of a quest?

I dont have the skills or talents like Aradune and  I cant come up with any ideas this is tough...I need help with creative idea guys Help me out! 

• 220 posts
    November 20, 2019 9:25 AM PST

my apology about the title i didnt spell Mr Brad "Aradune" McQuaid through :(

• 1247 posts
    November 20, 2019 9:28 AM PST

Your ideas are some of the best I’ve seen. We will hear more in the coming days. You clearly loved him like we did. I cried and I am upset today. It gives me even more reason to care about Pantheon. Thank you for your thoughts. 

• 220 posts
    November 20, 2019 9:35 AM PST

Thank you for you kind words..

• 520 posts
    November 20, 2019 9:43 AM PST

There is already similar topic here: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/11319/in-game-tributes-to-aradune

As for your ideas:

1) I'd hate if HE was "reduced" to mere tutorial NPC - unless it's NPC that would guide us through the entire game from the very beginning to the very end.

2) I would gladly see some epic questline (one of quest items would be obviously Flaming Sword ;-) )

3) I'd rather see HIS name in zones names rather than continent name - zones are more "personal" (?)

4) Definitely Tavern - I'd work on the name though.

5) I was thinking more of the statue where everyone could offer money/exp as a shared tribute and after accumulating certain ammount some huge Terminus event would occur.

• 220 posts
    November 20, 2019 10:11 AM PST

I was thinking like a...

Aradune: "Well met adventure, you look lost welcome to Pantheon!"

Player: pick multiples options ( brief history about aradune how he conqured the old world and brought forth a new world when he was young)

Aradune: "I see...Here are the basic that you will need in order to survive" (basic controll quest and tips with advices)

Player perform said quest

Aradune: Good luck adventure! (reward)

• 1428 posts
    November 20, 2019 10:20 AM PST

i don't think it has to be extensive.

brad seemed like a private individual passionate about making a world.

he feels more introverted so it might be a bit rude.

something simple and emcompassing would more respectful i'd say.

uhh maybe like at the login screen just having aradunes armour and fire sword resting on a table.

eh nvm i don't know him well enough.

• 220 posts
    November 20, 2019 10:22 AM PST

stellarmind said:

i don't think it has to be extensive.

brad seemed like a private individual passionate about making a world.

he feels more introverted so it might be a bit rude.

something simple and emcompassing would more respectful i'd say.

uhh maybe like at the login screen just having aradunes armour and fire sword resting on a table.

eh nvm i don't know him well enough.

that's a good idea

• 19 posts
    November 20, 2019 10:26 AM PST

I think all the ideas here are great, but some memorial would be nice in Terminus and I don't think that VR will forget to do that.

I personally think it would be cool for Aradune to be a "Hoid" (a la Brandon Sanderson's cosmere) type figure in Pantheon lore.  For anyone who doesn't know this character appears in many different places/times in the Cosmere lore and always knows more than he lets on.

Thanks again Brad, EQ left a huge impression on me in my more formative years and I appreciate all his work on that.  I am very grateful that I was able to experience his work.

• 88 posts
    November 20, 2019 10:38 AM PST

A statue of Aradune with a fountain you can toss a coin into for a unique buff and a quest attached to it.

• 2752 posts
    November 20, 2019 11:00 AM PST

Haseno said:

A statue of Aradune with a fountain you can toss a coin into for a unique buff and a quest attached to it.

While I trust VR to figure out the best way to honor him in the game, I think this could be a great idea.

A massive statue/memorial and perhaps a yearly in-game event on 11/18 in which players could do a small quest or maybe in spirit of EQ (obscure "quest" requirements) just a fountain that players can toss coins into but only grants the item on the day of and get a limited charge item that grants the character "Illusion: Aradune" making the character appear as a human in green armor with flaming swords. 

This post was edited by Iksar at November 20, 2019 11:04 AM PST
    • 8 posts
    November 20, 2019 11:09 AM PST

A flame, something to indicate the Vision (tm) is still with us.

• 1428 posts
    November 20, 2019 11:13 AM PST

Iksar said:

Haseno said:

While I trust VR to figure out the best way to honor him in the game, I think this could be a great idea.

A massive statue/memorial and perhaps a yearly in-game event on 11/18 in which players could do a small quest or maybe in spirit of EQ (obscure "quest" requirements) just a fountain that players can toss coins into but only grants the item on the day of and get a limited charge item that grants the character "Illusion: Aradune" making the character appear as a human in green armor with flaming swords. 

a statue is a bit out of the 'character of aradune'.  apparently he was an avatar for the nature god tunare(i googled it).  would probably be better if you wanted an in game memorial to have his armour resting near the lucent tree with the fiery avenger.  not sure about tossing coins.  since that draws the metaphor of greed.  maybe tossing a spark of a flame to rekindle the fire sword is more meaningful.

• 88 posts
    November 20, 2019 11:31 AM PST
    I don't consider a donation a sign of greed. I consider it an act of good will or good fortune. The point of a fountain you toss a coin into is to sacrifice money in exchange for a dream, a hope, a wish, or a prayer.

I did however like your armor idea Stellarmind.

Also a consideration. The launch of Pantheon on 11/18/20 or 11/18/21
    • 220 posts
    November 20, 2019 12:03 PM PST

i think that Aradune sword & armour laid on the table at the login screen is a guiness idea @Stellarmind...less resource, dont take long to create, less time taken from developement.

Plus only those that know what and why its there is very meaningfull and subtle.

• 200 posts
    November 20, 2019 12:08 PM PST

WTB in game "green heart" badge icon. (Baz' came up with the green heart idea).

This post was edited by WarKnight at November 20, 2019 12:08 PM PST
    • 115 posts
    November 20, 2019 12:11 PM PST

AbsoluteTerror said:

Plus only those that know what and why its there is very meaningfull and subtle.

It would actually be nice to have a book on said table that when clicked, one could flip through the pages. It could detail Brad's achievements in the gaming community. A sort of tribute if you will.

In other words, why make it a secret?

• 1428 posts
    November 20, 2019 12:15 PM PST

Haseno said: I don't consider a donation a sign of greed. I consider it an act of good will or good fortune. The point of a fountain you toss a coin into is to sacrifice money in exchange for a dream, a hope, a wish, or a prayer. I did however like your armor idea Stellarmind. Also a consideration. The launch of Pantheon on 11/18/20 or 11/18/21

i've been traumatized by the church XD

make it april 25th, brad's birthday.  'rise of the fallen'

thinking about it, that's a bit ambitious maybe not for alpha release then beta and full release 2021 april 25th?

This post was edited by NoJuiceViscosity at November 20, 2019 12:20 PM PST
    • 3016 posts
    November 20, 2019 12:32 PM PST

Syrif said:

Your ideas are some of the best I’ve seen. We will hear more in the coming days. You clearly loved him like we did. I cried and I am upset today. It gives me even more reason to care about Pantheon. Thank you for your thoughts. 

Me too Syrif :(

Cana

• 220 posts
    November 20, 2019 1:21 PM PST

Bonechip said:

AbsoluteTerror said:

It would actually be nice to have a book on said table that when clicked, one could flip through the pages. It could detail Brad's achievements in the gaming community. A sort of tribute if you will.

In other words, why make it a secret?

that would be perfect 

• 220 posts
    November 20, 2019 1:23 PM PST

that would be awsome

• 1584 posts
    November 20, 2019 1:43 PM PST

Make a statue in thronefast and some other areas that are influenced by thronefast, honestly anything would be fine with me, for as long as their is something, I'm not going to be picky, becuase i know he meant a ton to a lot of people wither becuase he made a game people enjoy or they worked with him, either way I'm sure VR will have something for us to remember him by in the game.

• 3 posts
    November 20, 2019 1:43 PM PST

I would love to see something like this In-Game. Would remind us how special this game is when/if it comes out.

• 9115 posts
    November 20, 2019 2:27 PM PST

We appreciate the ideas and thoughts guys, thank you. The team are planning tributes to Brad in-game and will reveal them at a later date. :)

• 114 posts
    November 20, 2019 2:42 PM PST

I posted in another thread that I would like to see an Aradune epic quest of some sort put in.  Have the quest with easter eggs about what he has done, or even have a bard give the quest telling of Aradune's mighty deeds and what he meant to people and so on, and as a final reward, let there be a visual buff for the main/offhand weapons making them flame like Aradune's Firey Avengers. Have the buff be named Aradune's Blessing, or something along those lines, along with a title of Knight/Lady of Aradune or something.

Nothing overpowering, but he NEEDS to be recognized in no small way for all he has done in his life for us, his fans. 

I love the idea of having a major god named after him....just make it something major and meaningful, and not trite. No statues, no inns, no memorial gravestones out in the middle of nowhere. Make it meaningful, poignant, and part of the very fabric of Terminus itself.

Finally, I would like to see the day be recognized each year in Terminus...perhaps as a permanent holiday of Remembrance or a day to celebrate Aradune the "god" of dreams or the muse of creativity etc...

This post was edited by Frogz0r at November 20, 2019 2:45 PM PST