Forums » The Warrior

Taunt function

• 27 posts
    November 13, 2019 9:05 AM PST
    Ive looked but can not find anything specific so i am going to bring my question here. Forgive me if this info is indeed posted elsewhere.

Does anyone have any information if taunts are in any way based off of or a function of Charisma.

Thank you in advance.
    • 214 posts
    November 13, 2019 10:52 AM PST

That is a most insightful question and one I'd love to hear a Dev answer.

I know of no discussion about taunts, which is proof of nothing lol. If there is some discussion that I haven't heard of, perhaps on one of the VIP forums, Bazgrim is our best shot of learning about it. Maybe he'll see this post and respond.

It sure would change the equation for choosing one's race as a tank.

• 27 posts
    November 13, 2019 10:55 AM PST
    Chris P.
    Please feel free to shed some light, if able, on this.
    • 18 posts
    November 13, 2019 11:57 AM PST

I am not sure if that information is availible at this time. Looking at what we have avalible I would say that is a possibility for the Paladin as one ability that is not a taunt called knights persuasion you "leverage your charismatic presence to persuade a target tp low day arms"  So while not a taunt it looks as if charisma could play a role in how effective this is. There is an taunt called "Incite" could possibly us some stat from charisma with how it reads but not sure. I would also guess that how a tank generates threat would be class depenent so In my best guess no way a dire lord generates threat with charisma I would also rule out this for a warrior, but giving it a porribility with the Paladin tank only. 

• 27 posts
    November 15, 2019 3:34 PM PST
    Well. In the Warrior abilities section, there is a "Modifying Attribute" column to the far right. Some abilities have their modifiers stated while others have "???". I was just curious if there has been some clarity yet.
    • 254 posts
    November 17, 2019 12:05 PM PST

I always have thought charisma should also equate to the ability to incite anger as well as cheaper goods at the merchant... charisma is an emotional intelligence imo that works both ways on the scale of positive and negative/good and evil.

• 351 posts
    November 17, 2019 12:59 PM PST

Different classes may use different moddifiers (attributes) for their tounts though - so while bard may use charisma, warrior can use strenght (intimidation/literally taunt), paladin may use intelligence while direlord or monk may use perception or something. We will have to wait a bit longer though for skill modifiers to be announced.

• 254 posts
    November 17, 2019 1:58 PM PST

Very true... we need more dev infos sadly. /frothing at the mouth.

• 27 posts
    November 17, 2019 3:41 PM PST

Alyonyah said:

I always have thought charisma should also equate to the ability to incite anger as well as cheaper goods at the merchant... charisma is an emotional intelligence imo that works both ways on the scale of positive and negative/good and evil.

I agree. I will be suprised if Cha doesnt affect the taunt lines. 

I think they are weighing what/how much to tell us. I am a min/maxer and will do everything i can to have all the info i need to plot my course to end game. Sometimes though developers would rather these bits of information be self discovery, understandable, but not condusive to min/maxing.

• 254 posts
    November 17, 2019 4:15 PM PST

Im not a min maxer per say.... but I sure did love figuring out the obscured details about game information... such as spell data... and things like bard modifiers before the information was on the item... those days were fun. Discovering that information and indeed needing to look for it is what caused me to min max in hindsight. Just my perspective on the same thing.