Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Community Debate - Do you like being able to change

• 291 posts
    December 4, 2019 5:53 AM PST

Whats hilarious is when you have an old school custom surname title on top of all that nonsense. "The such and such" instead of Mcboing. However... the origins of the titles. GM events. Those titles were awesome to earn. Id like to see the system of ultra rare titles again. Even if I dont ever get one this time.

Edit: wrong game but simular situation.

This post was edited by Alyonyah at December 4, 2019 5:54 AM PST
    • 1584 posts
    December 4, 2019 6:14 AM PST

I could see that being annoying Kittik, and again as I have said giving power the the individuals behind the computer to control what they see or don't see is important so to me if you don't want to see prefixes or titles or anything like that you should have a way to midigate it, much like if you don't want to see nameplates at all you should also have that option as well.

Btw I can say this and say I actually like prefixes and titles because it tells a story or an achievement so people know I have done something that at the time many might not of, but just because I like these things doesn't mean I think everyone should have to see it, simply just because of what I think about the particular feature, unlike some people.

Also, wanted to add this to my post sense people like saying what a compromise is so i'm going to put this here as well.

To compromise is to make a deal between different parties where each party gives up part of their demand.

And this is something most people on the side of adventure gear has done, but is something basically no one but 1AD7 as done from the appearance side, I can say from my prespective it was a bad one but at least he brought forth something.

So again to actually have anykind of compromise to happen you actually have to be willing to give up something, and nothing is the opposite of that.

Clearly something Disposalists either didn't know or simply tried to belittle when he/she responded to it.

"I accept they can have appearance gear, this is me giving a little bit"  Lol. You *allowing* appearance slots to exist as a concept is "giving a little bit"? So generous.  And a toggle that makes appearance slots system completely disappear for you is just others "giving a little bit"?  Marvellous.

Which of course in fine, but at least i have gave a compromise which is sometihng he/she has never done, so until i hear more compromises from the toher side i WILL not stop bringing mine up until than, if anything to bring up more compromises which you will probably find out their isn't really any when it comes to a Visual effect as it either I can or I can't situation so have fun finding something that is something else.

This post was edited by Cealtric at December 4, 2019 6:10 PM PST
    • 3237 posts
    December 4, 2019 6:34 PM PST

Kittik said:

The Renowned Gnoll Slayer Lord Kittik Mcboing of Bristlebane

This is what I currenlty see while running around in EQ2.  This is annoying as crap to see running around on the screen all the time.  Please limit this, or allow controls where all we can see is the name.

Try being in a raid of 24 people all with Title, Prefixes, names and ser names on the screen.  I don't even know what we're fighting half the time.

I'm hoping that titles are not displayed above our character's head and are instead a function of an in-game profile tab that can only be viewed through /inspect.  This includes titles/badges that are part of pledge packages as well as anything acquired through gameplay.  Each player should have full control of managing every aspect of what is displayed in their profile.  The implementation of titles was pretty awful in EQ2 and I'm certain that we can achieve something much better in Pantheon.

This post was edited by oneADseven at December 4, 2019 6:44 PM PST