Alyonyah said:

Later

:)

• 53 posts
    November 4, 2019 9:01 AM PST

NO !

• 86 posts
    November 4, 2019 9:25 AM PST
    Slightly opposed. A small rested or food bonus (3% or less) wouldn't be too bad, and could help the economy if food/drink based (think Tavern Keeper type players). Anything more and it gets out of hand and is unnecessary. No matter if it's launch or later. Later in the game, you have guilds and friends ready to help new players get accustomed to the game and form groups for specific purposes.
    • 520 posts
    November 4, 2019 10:04 AM PST

*Shrug*

If we are talking about XP pots, auto-level to a certain level at later expansions etc then definitely not.

But I would rather enjoy events from time to time that would bring positive (and sometimes perhaps negative effects) - especially if there is a reason behind it. So eg. due to favorable weather lately, for the next 24h there will be +50-100% boost in plants gathered from nodes located outside OR due to star alignment all monsters will provide additional +50% exp OR Orcs are up to something - for the next 48h they will provide additional +100% exp  (and when this event will be close to the end, Orcs will storm the cities ... or something like that) OR there was a terrible storm at sea and a lot of cargo was thrown up at the shore - all coastal monsters have increased drop rate OR there is famine in the continent - all monsters in this continent provide -50% to exp.

This post was edited by Hegenox at November 4, 2019 10:08 AM PST
    • 62 posts
    November 4, 2019 10:12 AM PST

Trasak said:

Strategic

(Less rested bonus or abonimable consumables more group/challenge rating bonus or bonus for moving around rather than camping one specific spot)

Pro-grouping

I agree with Trasak on group based xp bonuses to promote grouping even more.  Nothing extreme, but enough to make grouping the surefire way to go.  VR mentioned they experimented with group xp bonuses but had it turned up a little to high, however I'm confident they can find the perfect balance.  I've played games with this implemented before, and the result was everyone always formed a full group of 8 players before grinding mobs in a dungeon.  If someone had to leave, then we would always find a replacement to make the group full again.  This was a very grindy game, but because of the group bonuses it was necessary to form a full group.

• 411 posts
    November 4, 2019 10:26 AM PST

Punitive.

When you play a lot without a bonus then it feels like the game is punishing you for your habit. If you play selectively or minimally and always have the bonus, then you don't feel the benefit, just the cliff when you lose it. As someone said recently, people don't feel velocity, they just feel acceleration. In the case of experience boosts the acceleration is virtually always implemented as deceleration and that feels bad.

• 8 posts
    November 4, 2019 10:32 AM PST

Unecessary

• 768 posts
    November 4, 2019 11:04 AM PST

Kilsin said:

In One Word - How do you feel about in-game experience boosts? #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

unresourceful / diabolical or pure genius depending on the goal and implementation

A fleeting experience, could feel really shallow or listed as hard drug in the game.

Are we talking xppots, groupexp bonus, long rest bonus xp, temporary obtained xp boost, more xp vs certain mobs, xp boost due to mentoring, xp benefits coming from player to player interaction?

Me play no good one word-game... 

• 7 posts
    November 4, 2019 1:07 PM PST

All buffs and xp bonus' should come in the form of player buffs.  Nothing external to the game.

• 2038 posts
    November 4, 2019 1:52 PM PST

Against

• 220 posts
    November 4, 2019 2:15 PM PST

In One word???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoJI1p7cHhc

jokes aside, /No Thanks

i like to reach max lv in a year or two it gives me time to master my craft and also get kudos for knowing how to play my job. Any exp bonus boost item will worth $$$$$ on the market.

Let alone the thought of cash shop for said item would be atrocious and cringe worthy at best

edit: If you want exp boost just give us "Chain kills" within a time limit to kill the mobs. 

example: one mob 50 exp. 

1. your party kill 6 mobs

2.time limit ticking away

3.killed the 7 mob

3.total: 350 exp plus boost at 7%

4.grand total: 374 exp

as the "chain kills" get higher the exp boost % increase 3, 5, 7, 9, so-on-so

*these number are not to be use as accurate im just throwing number for example use only.

edit again: the better you know your role, the quicker you kill, the better you play.

This post was edited by AbsoluteTerror at November 4, 2019 3:30 PM PST
    • 103 posts
    November 4, 2019 3:02 PM PST
    Negative.
    • 220 posts
    November 4, 2019 3:24 PM PST

Geoffrey said:

Trasak said:

Strategic

(Less rested bonus or abonimable consumables more group/challenge rating bonus or bonus for moving around rather than camping one specific spot)

Pro-grouping

I agree with Trasak on group based xp bonuses to promote grouping even more.  Nothing extreme, but enough to make grouping the surefire way to go.  VR mentioned they experimented with group xp bonuses but had it turned up a little to high, however I'm confident they can find the perfect balance.  I've played games with this implemented before, and the result was everyone always formed a full group of 8 players before grinding mobs in a dungeon.  If someone had to leave, then we would always find a replacement to make the group full again.  This was a very grindy game, but because of the group bonuses it was necessary to form a full group.

this would definitely build community up

• 1247 posts
    November 4, 2019 3:31 PM PST

Really the only "experience boost" should be the encouragement and benefit of communicating and grouping with your fellow Pantheon members. It is time for people to start communicating with one another and cherish their guilds. #communitymatters 

This post was edited by Syrif at November 4, 2019 7:16 PM PST
    • 114 posts
    November 4, 2019 6:34 PM PST

Please no. No potions. No "Holiday" bonus XP.  No sitting on mount xp bonus.

If you want us to earn bonus xp ... leave that to, possibly if that, exploration discoveries?

• 388 posts
    November 4, 2019 11:07 PM PST

no

• 2756 posts
    November 5, 2019 1:48 AM PST

Kilsin said:

In One Word - How do you feel about in-game experience boosts? #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

Detrimental.

(They aren't needed. You don't *need* to progress at any particular speed to have fun.

Most probably don't care how fast others progress, but many really do feel their efforts are degraded by others getting an artificial boost.

So, given they aren't needed and some will feel degraded, they shouldn't be a thing in Pantheon.  Please)

• 70 posts
    November 5, 2019 5:07 AM PST

against

• 470 posts
    November 5, 2019 8:46 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Meh...

Only decent implimentation that comes to mind is that one DAoC used where mobs that hadn't been killed gained an XP bonus the longer they were alive. Good way to encourage exploration into far away places. 

Random events here and there may not be so bad if used sparingly.

This post was edited by Kratuk at November 5, 2019 10:34 AM PST
    • 1584 posts
    November 5, 2019 9:51 AM PST
    Against, but if it were added I would want it to be tied to dangerous dungeons than a general exp boost, but even than I wouldn't like it as much as no exp boost.
    • 187 posts
    November 5, 2019 8:43 PM PST
    Exp boosts... it greatly depends on how slow the leveling process is. Original EQ hell levels, yeah give me exp pots for sure! Normal EQ levels I absolutely loved the pacing. You could learn the ins & outs of a dungeon and not even gain a level! If we're talking about "rested exp", that I don't mind as long as the bonus is minimal 10-15% or something. Not 50-100%. I think there should be full group exp bonus to promote grouping as well. Again, a small bonus.

No exp scrolls, potions, etc. None. If you insist on having them in. Make them so they only work after a character on your account reaches max level.
    • 3 posts
    November 6, 2019 1:34 AM PST

Dubious.

Or any english word that would mean "only when the game is in its terminal phase of decay".

• 416 posts
    November 6, 2019 12:17 PM PST

To add one more person to your party- Huzzah!

For anything- Ugh

• November 6, 2019 1:06 PM PST
    Yes! (A tough wandering boss is downed in the newb zone? -a short exp boost for everyone in the zone! A crafter creates an epic helmet? A celebratory exp boost for crafters in the area! Max out your group by inviting a stranger you've never grouped with before? - max out your group xp! So many great ways to be fun and creative!)
    • 2038 posts
    November 6, 2019 1:18 PM PST

FlushingToiletScreamingShower said: Yes! (A tough wandering boss is downed in the newb zone? -a short exp boost for everyone in the zone! A crafter creates an epic helmet? A celebratory exp boost for crafters in the area! Max out your group by inviting a stranger you've never grouped with before? - max out your group xp! So many great ways to be fun and creative!)

I'm sorry if I'm missing a sarcastic intent here, but are you really advocating giving numerous people extra XP just because someone else, somewhere nearby, did something that they personally had absolutely nothing to do with?

Sorry but that sounds too much like "free XP for everybody day!"

Totally against.