Forums » The Elves

extra spell and attack rating ?

• 5 posts
    October 31, 2019 7:02 AM PDT

Hi how does this work?

Thank you

• 175 posts
    October 31, 2019 2:04 PM PDT

They have not told us exactly what those qualities mean. That said, a good GUESS (don't hold me to it) is: All attacks involve an equation that compares your skill at fighting/casting to the enemies skill at avoiding/resisting such attacks. The result of that equation determines your % chances for the attack to damage your enemy.

The extra 'rating' is likely a bonus that gets added to the results of that equation.

(unless it's something completely different rofl)

• 41 posts
    November 3, 2019 1:49 AM PDT

It has been ages since I played EQ, and this game may not even use the same system, but iirc, your attack rating raised your average damage closer to the cap, but did not raise the cap or alter hit chance. For example, if I could hit for a max of 96 damage but usually hit for 75, and I then used Guardian of the Forest, the resulting attack bonus might make my average hit 80 or 85. I seem to recall hitting my cap a lot more frequently after using my attack buffs on my ranger, but never breaking them.

STR would increase attack and max hit I think. Again, this is how I remember it, I could be wrong, and this game may not use it that way.

Also, it may not have been Guardian of the Forest, but one of the other wolf forms, I just googled a wolf form and used that in my example.

This post was edited by Merkades at November 3, 2019 1:54 AM PDT