Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Questions for Joppa

    • 111 posts
    October 31, 2019 12:56 PM PDT

    Will bards require mana for songs? Endurance for melee abilities?

     

    Will druids be able to track or aquire track later on?

     

    Oh guys..... I hope they are ready for us =p

    • 175 posts
    October 31, 2019 12:56 PM PDT

    Aarpoch said:

    I've noticed a seeming growing love of calling people stupid.  Why is it such a bad thing to try and have fun...in a video game forum of all palces?

    I certainly don't endorse calling posters OR their arguments stupid.

     

    Having fun can be either a good thing or a bad thing. If your kids want to play baseball in the back yard, that's a good thing. If they want to play baseball in your living room, that's a bad thing.

    It's a standard rule on almost every forum to keep posts on topic. To me, that is just being respectful to the intentions of the Original Poster. Making comments that aren't on topic tends to drive the conversation away from the OP's intended subject.

    Also, many forum posters opt to get notified when anyone replies to a post they are interested in. On this thread for instance, there are over a dozen commenters already. If all of us were getting notifications and each of us tended to take time to go check those notifications to see what's been added, that's a fair bit of other people's time that gets wasted by one person making unrelated posts just to "have fun".

    • 315 posts
    October 31, 2019 1:06 PM PDT

    Jothany said:

    Aarpoch said:

    I've noticed a seeming growing love of calling people stupid.  Why is it such a bad thing to try and have fun...in a video game forum of all palces?

    I certainly don't endorse calling posters OR their arguments stupid.

     

    Having fun can be either a good thing or a bad thing. If your kids want to play baseball in the back yard, that's a good thing. If they want to play baseball in your living room, that's a bad thing.

    It's a standard rule on almost every forum to keep posts on topic. To me, that is just being respectful to the intentions of the Original Poster. Making comments that aren't on topic tends to drive the conversation away from the OP's intended subject.

    Also, many forum posters opt to get notified when anyone replies to a post they are interested in. On this thread for instance, there are over a dozen commenters already. If all of us were getting notifications and each of us tended to take time to go check those notifications to see what's been added, that's a fair bit of other people's time that gets wasted by one person making unrelated posts just to "have fun".

    So, by your very own words and arguments you youself are "breaking the rules/good practice/proper etiquete.  Please stay on topic and try to avoid making posts that do not pertian to the discussion at hand, many are getting notifications of such "off topic" posts.

    • 175 posts
    October 31, 2019 2:09 PM PDT

    Aarpoch said:

    So, by your very own words and arguments you youself are "breaking the rules/good practice/proper etiquete.  Please stay on topic and try to avoid making posts that do not pertian to the discussion at hand, many are getting notifications of such "off topic" posts.

    Thank you for agreeing with me that off topic comments (even if just for fun) should be avoided.

    • 476 posts
    November 3, 2019 12:33 AM PDT
    Can The Direlord use Provoking Phantoms to keep agro while kiting, and potentially not have to engage in direct combat?

    Provoking Phantoms:
    The longer you stay focused on the same enemy in combat, the more terrifying you will become to them, deepening their fear and hatred of you exponentially over time.
    • 477 posts
    November 3, 2019 3:24 AM PST

    1 - Have you decided if buffs after they're casted on a player, stay active when replaced for a different spell in the limited action bar.

    2 - Is there any plans to make a "buffs action bar" with 2-3 slots to solve the problem mentioned above.

    3 - Are long cooldown abilities (30min+) that are not used often going to required memorizing in the action bar, and take a slot, limiting how varied the classes play style and toolkit can be at any given time (basicaly making every class spend 2-3 limited action slots in cookie cutter spells that are required to have available and memorized in every single fight , Tank defensive cooldowns, healers "oh **** spells", Burst damage cooldowns, etc).

    4 - Are lower level encounters (2-3 levels bellows the party level) going to be a least a bit of a fight, or as soon the party outleves the mobs and they turn green those encounters and pulls become super trivial.

    • 175 posts
    November 3, 2019 7:28 AM PST

    jpedrote said:

    1 - Have you decided if buffs after they're casted on a player, stay active when replaced for a different spell in the limited action bar.

    I can tell you that in various streams, I've seen players buff the group before combat and then change out their abilities on the action bar for the ones they will use in combat.

    • 1181 posts
    November 3, 2019 7:52 AM PST

    Some Yes/No questions for harvesting and crafting..

    Can one character completely master more than one or all crafting professions, with enough time and effort?
    Can a character can be a level 1 adventurer, and a max level master crafter; a "pure crafter"?
    Will all harvest nodes be public, competitive, and first-come, first-served (not shared, not co-op) ?
    Will most or all harvest nodes, or all max-tier harvest nodes, be guarded by enemies that must be vanquished before harvesting?
    Will it be impossible to harvest any node while either the character, the pet, or anyone else in the harvesters group is on any hate list?
    Will the Salvage mechanic provide raws for all crafting professions?
    Will it be possible to use items from the inventory of another willing player in a crafting combine/action/recipe?
    Will all crafting recipes be tradeable, including those that are rare or unique?
    Will all harvested, interim or raw crafting components be tradeable, including all boss/raid crafting drops?
    Will it be possible convert or transmute, even at a huge loss, common raws to rare, and/or rare to ultra-rare quality?
    Will crafters have crafting-specific gear, tools, and consumables they can equip, upgrade, make and obtain both from NPC's, Quests, or other players?
    Will there always be an equal number of opportunities as complications, as events, per at-level combine or crafting process or mini-game?

    • 175 posts
    November 3, 2019 8:58 AM PST

    vjek said:

    Will the Salvage mechanic provide raws for all crafting professions?

    I'd expand it to "Salvaging and Scavenging mechanics "....

    Some interesting questions in that list for sure.

    • 1260 posts
    November 4, 2019 7:27 AM PST

    Kastor said: Joppa is the man!! 1. Will there be an alcohol tolerance skill? Will consuming alcohol affect my characters vision, stats, and movement like in EQ? Asking for roleplaying my drunken Bard. Nothing more amusing than stumbling off a cliff while performing an epic ballad!! 2. Is the first wave of all of the classes skill & spell animations & effects implemented? If not, which classes have all their skills/spells in? 3. How much of PF is complete? 80%? 4. How big is PF compared to the world? Does PF comprise of 15% of the overall zones/size within Terminus? 5. When is PA5? 6. When is Alpha? 7. Pizza or tacos?

    Hell yes! Alcohol like EQ FTW!!

  • Wig
    • 209 posts
    November 4, 2019 8:53 AM PST
    Does haste increase the tick speed of HoTs and DoTs? Or is it just spell casting/melee swing/ranged weapon speed?
    • 1260 posts
    November 4, 2019 11:18 AM PST

    Joppa: you said it yourself.. you played on the Classic deity-based pvp server, Sullon Zek (just as myself and others did for a time). It had the good/evil/newt factions to a varying degree. Will we be seeing a team-based PvP server here, ideally similar to Sullon Zek? In the spirit of the magic that existed in SZ, I had to ask this question. Thank you.

    Go go good team! I will be playing PvE as well of course! :)

    #communitymatters #makenightmatteragain #factionsmatter #riskvsreward #deathpenalty #HardRaiding #respectyourguild #HellLevels


    This post was edited by Syrif at November 8, 2019 7:12 PM PST
    • 476 posts
    November 4, 2019 11:29 AM PST
    Pvp exites a lot of us, it needs to be there in some way. Good VS Evil should rock also.
    • 476 posts
    November 9, 2019 6:39 AM PST
    The Wizard Focus: Numbing Presence (Passive) and Focus: Arcane Affinity (Passive). Whats the thought behind the damage reduction part on all frost and arcane spells?

    Only the fire Focus seems beneficial. Could this resoult in most Wizards only spam fire spells instead of mixing it up?


    - As your Arcane Affinity focus grows, your Magic spells will return up to X% mana to you when they land. Additionally, the Mana cost and damage of your Magic spells will decrease up to Y%.

    - As your Numbing Presence grows, your Cold spells will lower your target’s Hate towards you up to X% per land. Additionally, the damage of your Cold spells will decrease up to Y%.
    • 476 posts
    November 9, 2019 7:04 AM PST
    The Druid ability Verdanfire Seed is a bit caunter produktive, you use a arbsorbtion Spell followed by a heal. Normaly a target that gets an absorption shields will get healed while the shield is on. Mening that the heal effect most likely will be an overheal in many cases, a cool ability that is good on paper, in reality only works as intented and optimal under certain senarios witch is sad as it is an iconic ability.

    If you swapped the effects, heal followed by shield the ability os now 10x better.
    Or if you change so the over heal provide another shield on top would also be a cool scenario.

    The version you got for now seems to have low effency even though it has a Mana gain component.

    "You plant a mystical seed within your ally. This seed protects the target by absorbing up to X damage based on your level. When this amount is reached, the seed will bloom and heal your target for the amount of damage it absorbed. Y% of the effective healing your target receives will be refunded to you as Mana. You may apply a Verdanfire Seed to as many targets as you like but only one seed may be active on a target at a time. Once the seed blooms and the healing is applied, you may not cast this ability on the same target for Z duration."