Forums » The Ogres

Ogre Racial Passives

    • 31 posts
    October 23, 2019 8:54 PM PDT

    I played an ogre in EQ and will likely again in Pantheon. I was somewhat disappointed in the two ogre passives that increase ogre damage output. This seems a bit underpowered in a tanking race, while some of the other races had some serious higher powered racial abilities, more in line with their likely classes.  I know this means little at this point in time, but it was still a let down. 

    • 1646 posts
    October 23, 2019 10:11 PM PDT

    something something complains about best racial passives something something

    • 220 posts
    October 23, 2019 10:17 PM PDT

    More damage means more threat, letting the dps classes unload their damage even more. The ogre passives are pretty nice especialy for a warrior that uses banner of onslaught and howl of the warrior. And the direlord can use essence leech increasing their crit chance by 25% last we saw.

    Not to mention the extra attack rating (hit chance i assume) from strength. Hit chance for tanks is a god send.


    This post was edited by Kellie at October 23, 2019 10:18 PM PDT
    • 175 posts
    October 24, 2019 12:31 AM PDT

    I think Ogre will be a fine tank. Besides benefiting Warrior as Kellie pointed out, that resistance to stun will help a Paladin avoid interrupts to his casting, extra hit chance and crit damage helps all tanks (and all physical DPS).

    I've already decided that my Dire Lord will be an Ogre. With Essence Leach increasing crit chance - on a self-healing ability no less -the Ogre's increased crit damage is a perfect addition. DL is already resistant to magic effects, adding in resistance to physical stuns will complement that.

    My only worry is that Ogre's racials will be too powerful and have to be scaled back!

     

     

     

    • Moderator
    • 8600 posts
    October 24, 2019 3:39 AM PDT

    Moved to Ogre Race subforum.

    • 1627 posts
    October 24, 2019 2:15 PM PDT

    It's interesting because as they are locked to tank or healer roles, theses benefits will not emphasis a DPS role and thus are not imbalanced. The stun is probably a too strong heritage from EQ but at least it's not a permanent immunity so...

    • 39 posts
    October 26, 2019 9:34 PM PDT
    I was Interested in a ogre sham, but I'm wondering if these passives will benefit spells? Think that 5%crit would apply to heals ect?
    • 1627 posts
    October 27, 2019 6:31 AM PDT

    Kikadurr said: I was Interested in a ogre sham, but I'm wondering if these passives will benefit spells? Think that 5%crit would apply to heals ect?

     

    It's only critical damage as stated, so it won't benefit on heals, but on offensive spells I think.

  • Wig
    • 209 posts
    November 3, 2019 3:40 PM PST
    Do we know if DoTs can crit?
    • 1325 posts
    November 6, 2019 10:25 AM PST

    MauvaisOeil said:

    It's interesting because as they are locked to tank or healer roles, theses benefits will not emphasis a DPS role and thus are not imbalanced. The stun is probably a too strong heritage from EQ but at least it's not a permanent immunity so...

    Until you can make a rogue Ogre using progeny...that seems like the class that Ogre is best for.

    • 1325 posts
    November 6, 2019 10:27 AM PST

    MauvaisOeil said:

    Kikadurr said: I was Interested in a ogre sham, but I'm wondering if these passives will benefit spells? Think that 5%crit would apply to heals ect?

     

    It's only critical damage as stated, so it won't benefit on heals, but on offensive spells I think.

    As a strength based effect I'd be surprised if it worked on spells.  Seems more melee based.