Forums » General Guild Discussion

Guild Noticeboard

• 325 posts
    October 18, 2019 2:14 PM PDT

What do you think about guild noticeboards where guild members could leave/pin messages and announcements for other guildies to see - that they need help, crafting materials, are looking for party, info about events and such. I can't count how many times there was a situation where someone said that they need help with something couple minutes before someone elso - who would gladly help/join - logged in.

• 183 posts
    October 18, 2019 3:12 PM PDT

Id love that function. I also really like being able to write in books/tomes and set them around for others to read.

• 1121 posts
    October 18, 2019 4:59 PM PDT

Hegenox said:

What do you think about guild noticeboards where guild members could leave/pin messages and announcements for other guildies to see - that they need help, crafting materials, are looking for party, info about events and such. I can't count how many times there was a situation where someone said that they need help with something couple minutes before someone elso - who would gladly help/join - logged in.

Where would these noticeboards be at?  Like maybe at a tavern for guilds who don't have a guild hall, a guild only being able to see their own notices on a shared board type of thing?

• 325 posts
    October 20, 2019 7:32 AM PDT

Kalok said:

Where would these noticeboards be at?  Like maybe at a tavern for guilds who don't have a guild hall, a guild only being able to see their own notices on a shared board type of thing?

Yea - I was thinking about tavern/guild hall board and you'd be able to see only notes from your guild. Or perhaps if for some tavern board visible ONLY to your guild would not be realistic enough, then perhaps guild registry NPC when asked whould show you the requests/info from your guild.

• 766 posts
    November 29, 2019 11:16 AM PST

All games to date have very limitted guild tools. Some are so hacked together its fustrating to organize things. It would take a UI person to really hammer down the guild requirements and apply them as the community needs. Mostly having an area where guild leaders, and officer can post some information to the guild other then a log in msg saying... BLAH BLAH 2 liners.

We need ranks, and many of them. We should be able to rename them and make our own to the guild. Permissions etc.. are very important.

Pantheon can be the first..

• 347 posts
    November 29, 2019 10:54 PM PST

Nowadays websites get created very easy and present a lot of options for guilds already. It's difficult to set aside this fact. A question might be; should Pantheon invest in trying to compete with this inevitablity?

An ingame management system for guilds seems like very obvious thing to have. The depth of it or the way it might be used in the game is something different. 

Sometimes a very straightforward/basic design is sufficient enough. And those guildwebsites might be usefull for those extra things guilds want to incorporate in their management.

Perhaps they should embrace the competition instead? And design a ui where it's possible for a guildwebsite to show up within the game itself? Or one that really resembles a website?

Back in the day, simple pen and paper did the job and people were told to go somewhere if they wish to read information. What I mean by that, if you allow for ingame writing at certain locations. This basic way of sharing communication/information might be sufficient for the players. Without the requirement of elaborate websites. This could require actual ingame management of guildleaders/officers to refresh or clear messages/information on those guild amenities.